#21Savage On The Verge Of Tears responds to people calling him a hypocrite

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
The reason I anticipated that reply is because this is the 2nd or 3rd thread on this and that was one of the first things said in his defense.

I wouldn't even say this is "talking down" on him. The Tweets are objectively ridiculous in relation to what he raps about.

I could kinda understand if he marketed himself as the "CNN of the streets" that passively reports on negativity....but dude talks like he's John Wick in his raps.

This would be like Cardi B making an IG post sayin women should stay virgins until they're married.

Anyway, one of two things are true:

1. He's a fraud that perpetrates an image he has zero relation to for profit.

2. He's the real deal, which makes the Tweets completely irrelevant.

Fred.

I respect the reply, I just don’t necessarily agree with the last point.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
i told y'all this the life cycle of a goon

he talking peace because he knows he's aging out of street activities

he will still get in the booth & flex like he's coldblooded

but now he's older & rather hold onto what he has than risk it fukking around with young nikkas way more aggressive/violent than him

nikkas don't really change they mostly get old & soft ha

intelligent nikkas show those attributes all their life

so if he wads that type he'd have been conducting himself that way the whole time

whenever you hear these nikkas that built reputations as violent nikkas & promote that switch up it's just survival tactics

nothing righteous

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Unless he starts rapping like a Native Tongue affiliate what he says on social media doesn't matter.

And before people come in here talking about "but the music isn't causing the violence"....that has nothing to do with anything. The message he's trying to convey here and what he's recording in the booth are literally polar opposites of each other.

That's the issue and why he's being called a hypocrite. Nobody is saying 21 Savage or street rap is single-handedly causing violence, people need to retire that rebuttal.

Fred.
I guess it depends on how you spit the bars.

If you're more a storyteller type of cat like Big, Nas, Ghost & Rae and them were that didn't necessarily wanna make people go out and act like they were the mob. But when you're rapping about current shyt, unintelligently like his first big song (which is fire) that's a completely different thing

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The problem with the "it's just entertainment" angle with rappers is a street rappers entire career hinges on nikkas believing they are who they portray themselves to be. And the street rappers reap the benefits of that image

Keanu Reeves career won't end because he got slapped on camera. Batman's numbers won't drop because Robert Pattinson got robbed for his jewelry

If 21 Savage gets beat up on camera his career ends right there

A large part of Chief Keef's career drop is nikkas thinking he can't go back to Chicago

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I guess it depends on how you spit the bars.

If you're more a storyteller type of cat like Big, Nas, Ghost & Rae and them were that didn't necessarily wanna make people go out and act like they were the mob. But when you're rapping about current shyt, unintelligently like his first big song (which is fire) that's a completely different things

Yeah that's why I clarified in my 2nd post about the "CNN of the streets" type raps.

You can say "this is what I've seen" or tell a story without the fan expectation that you've lived every single bar.

Cube wasn't really paralyzed after "Ghetto Vet", Andre didn't really go to jail after "Benz Or Beamer", Scarface didn't really get the death penalty after "Money & The Power", etc.

But that's not what 21 does.

Fred.

Cornershooter

Banned
Daps
"Yall don't say nothing when John Wick shoot up a bunch of people"

:mjcry:

How many interviews yall ever heard with rappers with even a distant resemblance to something like this?

:mjlol:

That’s the funniest part to me . It’s not even a good comparison.Actors will be like this character was a awful person and it was a Challenge to play someone so evil.

These rappers don’t say that when they Release a album :mjlol: . They have these little black boys convinced this shyt is real and cool . Then do one back to school drive and think they are MLK and everything is good

I saw some shyt on Twitter it was boys from Chicago talking about who their role models are so many of them said lil durk
:francis::snoop:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
another reason why I fukk with the Wu they always drop jewels while talking about the hood they came from. And of course there were others that did the same thing I’m just using them for example.

I’m not going to criticize 21 he’s definitely matured and it is sad to the city you’re from go through waves of violence, if this is how he feels now then get in the booth

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
That’s the funniest part to me . It’s not even a good comparison.Actors will be like this character was a awful person and it was a Challenge to play someone so evil.

These rappers don’t say that when they Release a album :mjlol: . They have these little black boys convinced this shyt is real and cool . Then do one back to school drive and think they are MLK and everything is good

I saw some shyt on Twitter it was boys from Chicago talking about who their role models are so many of them said lil durk
:francis::snoop:
Imagine if lil durk used his music to flex his successful trucking company rather than speaking on crashing out more times than not :skip:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What he and other rappers like him don’t realize is they provide they soundtrack and energy to a lot of crime.

Before it was, “rappers are just reporting what the see everyday in the hood”

NWA was known for that statement. They was probably the first ones who said it.

But times have changed. Future peddles subscription drug raps, but he doesn’t do if. And he could say “I’m just rapping about what a lot of people do”, not understanding, that he music makes it cool to do. Not only that, but a lot of people probably tried it because of his music.

Definitely hsve provided the soundtrack,but I would offer a difference. Back in the day skill and hardwork were required to rap. So in general the real street dudes left rap to the rappers. Aside from them extorting rappers,or being hanger ons.

But now, you literally need no skills. And your street reputation makes you cool enough to rap. So now you are giving microphones to REAL street dudes who are amplifying real beef,with other real street dudes with mics. The talent and skill barrier kept just enough seperation. Where the line between hiphop and the streets was blurry,but in tact.

LuuqMaan

Superstar
Daps
Unless he starts rapping like a Native Tongue affiliate what he says on social media doesn't matter.

And before people come in here talking about "but the music isn't causing the violence"....that has nothing to do with anything. The message he's trying to convey here and what he's recording in the booth are literally polar opposites of each other.

That's the issue and why he's being called a hypocrite. Nobody is saying 21 Savage or street rap is single-handedly causing violence, people need to retire that rebuttal.

Fred.
You articulated the point of the pushback very well. Repped

Rather than jump on mature rap, I think he should tone down the violent description and move towards the stunting/flashy type raps more often and slowly make that transition away.

That way he doesn’t lose audience and he can stay being an ‘entertainer’

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: hex