#21Savage On The Verge Of Tears responds to people calling him a hypocrite

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M
It's all good till the stuff they promote in their rap impacts them.

Especially when he's the Spice 1 of this generation killing 100 opps every single verse. YSL gets indicted and now everybody shook.

Act like music and video games aren't a huge influence after going to a school and talking with the kids.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
I don't insinuate anything, my points are laid bare and plain. The leading cause of death for Black males between the ages of 1-44 is homicide and we accept from Black entertainers that obscene lyrics centering around the promotion and celebration of Black death is somehow entertainment given that fact. What's disgusting is Black men like you defending people enriching themselves by trafficking in Black death "entertainment".
You and your gangsta rap made me do it cohort accept death being “celebrated” in every form of entertainment without a damn bat of an eyelash so miss me with this fraud ass moral grandstanding nikka because I guarantee you’re doing absolutely nothing in your community to curtail any gun violence …. The only difference here is as I said …disgusting beast like yourself promote the idea that fictional violence in rap lyrics are uniquely different than fictional violence in any other medium because the target audience too damn brain dead ..gullible and just too stupid to comprehend right from wrong ..which is why your cornball ass is in every thread that involves even a tangential link to a rap artist being victimized …ready to shoehorn in your “well if it wasn’t for the rap lyrics…..” rhetoric ….you’re a fukking piece of street garbage …and we can all see it

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Media can influence people in the way that they dance, talk, dress but it stops at negative behavior? :wtf:
You and your gangsta rap made me do it cohort accept death being “celebrated” in every form of entertainment without a damn bat of an eyelash so miss me with this fraud ass moral grandstanding nikka because I guarantee you’re doing absolutely nothing in your community to curtail any gun violence …. The only difference here is as I said …disgusting beast like yourself promote the idea that fictional violence in rap lyrics are uniquely different than fictional violence in any other medium because the target audience too damn brain dead ..gullible and just too stupid to comprehend right from wrong ..which is why your cornball ass is in every thread that involves even a tangential link to a rap artist being victimized …ready to shoehorn in your “well if it wasn’t for the rap lyrics…..” rhetoric ….you’re a fukking piece of street garbage …and we can all see it

How is the violence fictional when these rappers are literally celebrating the deaths of actual Black people that have been murdered by other Black men?

Here's a video with 40 million views and the artists are gloating about the deaths of Black men that were murdered. Maybe you're using a loose definition of "fiction" here.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Media can influence people in the way that they dance, talk, dress but it stops at negative behavior? :wtf:
Dancing and dressing =/= criminal activity… this shouldn’t be difficult to understand ..there is a different threshold or set of social/environmental/psychological conditions that lead people to willingly commit criminal acts ..particularly violent ones

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps

This bolsters the argument that can media influence people to participate in criminality, which is something I've agreed with from the outset. Music is consumed much differently than movies are. You can put a 3 minute song on repeat for an hour and you'll have listened to it 20 times, Scarface in comparison is 2 hours and 50 minutes for one viewing.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
How is the violence fictional when these rappers are literally celebrating the deaths of actual Black people that have been murdered by other Black men?

Here's a video with 40 million views and the artists are gloating about the deaths of Black men that were murdered. Maybe you're using a loose definition of "fiction" here.

If you have individuals describing literal events and confessing to actual committed murders ..you are clearly and obviously not referring to any kind of fictionalized content that I was commenting on in my post nikka :childplease:

This bolsters the argument that can media influence people to participate in criminality, which is something I've agreed with from the outset. Music is consumed much differently than movies are. You can put a 3 minute song on repeat for an hour and you'll have listened to it 20 times, Scarface in comparison is 2 hours and 50 minutes for one viewing.
It doesn’t bolster shyt but your reductive ass child like concept of criminality … Scarface was seen by millions of people.. but somehow someway the kids in the suburbs didn’t have their communities turn into violent crack enclaves after they watched it

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
If you have individuals describing literal events and confessing to actual committed murders ..you are clearly and obviously not referring to any kind of fictionalized content that I was commenting on in my post nikka :childplease:

It doesn’t bolster shyt but your reductive ass child like concept of criminality … Scarface was seen by millions of people.. but somehow someway the kids in the suburbs didn’t have their communities turn into violent crack enclaves after they watched it

What was your point in posting a video of Freeway Ricky Ross explaining to Vlad that he never even heard of cocaine until seeing the movie Superfly. He goes on to suggest that watching this movie led to a thought subconsciously being placed in his mind that if he were ever in a position to sell cocaine, he would.
He watched the movie, was enticed by the lifestyle that was depicted and went on to become a cocaine dealer. The movie didn't "make" him sell cocaine but he openly admits that it influenced him to.

TheAnointedOne

Superstar
Daps
Tyga being forced to apologize to a racist, anti-black, fake gangbanging Mexican
21 'Savage', a British guy cosplaying as an American 'gangsta' rapper being on the verge of tears because of mean internet comments

And people don't think modern rappers are soft?

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
What was your point in posting a video of Freeway Ricky Ross explaining to Vlad that he never even heard of cocaine until seeing the movie Superfly.

You and your gangsta rap made me do it cohort accept death being “celebrated” in every form of entertainment without a damn bat of an eyelash which is why you only focus your “act” on these hip hop threads ..so miss me with this fraud ass moral grandstanding nikka because I guarantee you’re doing absolutely nothing in your community to curtail any gun violence ….

…Your concern troll gimmick only extends to the realm of hip hop threads nikka… worthless waste like yourself promote the insinuation that gangsta rap is uniquely different than fictional violence in any other medium solely because the target audience is too damn brain dead ..gullible and stupid to comprehend right from wrong ..you’re nothing but a got damn self hating devil ..ironically projecting the same qualities that you’re ostensibly supposed to be rallying against

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
…Your concern troll gimmick only extends to the realm of hip hop threads nikka… worthless waste like yourself promote the insinuation that gangsta rap is uniquely different than fictional violence in any other medium solely because the target audience is too damn brain dead ..gullible and stupid to comprehend right from wrong ..you’re nothing but a got damn self hating devil ..ironically projecting the same qualities that you’re ostensibly supposed to be rallying against

You're arguing against points I've never made. I argue that this anti-Black rap is different from movies because part of the appeal of the rappers is the ostensible authenticity. 21 Savage, for example, reiterates in multiple songs that his raps are not cap. This is where the silly comparison's to actors falls apart, Denzel makes a clear distinction between himself and the characters he portrays in films while rappers do the exact opposite.

Standing against lyrics that celebrate and promote Black death doesn't make me a self hater but your defense of it certainly qualifies you for that title.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
You're arguing against points I've never made. I argue that this anti-Black rap is different from movies because part of the appeal of the rappers is the ostensible authenticity. 21 Savage, for example, reiterates in multiple songs that his raps are not cap. This is where the silly comparison's to actors falls apart, Denzel makes a clear distinction between himself and the characters he portrays in films while rappers do the exact opposite.

Standing against lyrics that celebrate and promote Black death doesn't make me a self hater but your defense of it certainly qualifies you for that title.
Get the fukk out of here with this bullshyt … so when 21 savage says

“You could dump me in the middle of the ocean, I’m still comin’ out dry” or any number of outlandish lyrics that I could easily reference

His ostensible authenticity compels you to believe in your brain that this nikka can transcend water or any other spectacular feat he may mention because he told you there’s no cap in my rap :childplease:

nikka you’re a bumbling fukking fraud … you don’t give 2 fukks about saving blacks from violence because you do nothing to curtail it in your own community …you don’t give 2 fukks about violence in entertainment because you’re silent on anything outside of gangster rap .. your only function is gimmick posting and concern trolling to push your narrative that the targeted audience of this music is too dumb too gullible and too damn brain dead to listen to this music ..and that belief structure is rooted in your fundamental hatred of self ..it’s gross you’re gross …everybody sees it

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Get the fukk out of here with this bullshyt … so when 21 savage says

“You could dump me in the middle of the ocean, I’m still comin’ out dry” or any number of outlandish lyrics that I could easily reference

His ostensible authenticity compels you to believe in your brain that this nikka can transcend water or any other spectacular feat he may mention because he told you there’s no cap in my rap :childplease:

nikka you’re a bumbling fukking fraud … you don’t give 2 fukks about saving blacks from violence because you do nothing to curtail it in your own community …you don’t give 2 fukks about violence in entertainment because you’re silent on anything outside of gangster rap .. your only function is gimmick posting and concern trolling to push your narrative that the targeted audience of this music is too dumb too gullible and too damn brain dead to listen to this music ..and that belief structure is rooted in your fundamental hatred of self ..it’s gross you’re gross …everybody sees it

This lyric roughly maps to something like: "I can overcome adversity even if the odds are stacked against me"

Compare that to the chorus in Red Opps, which is more representative of what predominates his lyrics. Help us understand what he really means by this.

I just bought a pistol it got 30 rounds in it (Pew Pew Pew)
Pull up at yo momma house and put some rounds in it (Fah Fah Fah Fah)
Wet a nikka block and watch them nikkas drown in it (Skrt)
Hunnid round drum gun a nikka down with it (21)
I'm on that Slaughter Gang shyt, (shyt) Murder Gang shyt (shyt)
Slaughter Gang shyt, (shyt) Murder Gang shyt (shyt)
I'm on that Slaughter Gang shyt, (shyt) Murder Gang shyt (shyt)
Slaughter Gang shyt, (shyt) Murder Gang shyt (shyt)

You're arguing in bad faith, making personal attacks, calling me a self hater all because I critique music that is unmistakably anti-Black. There's no reality where it's normal for Black men to defend or consume shyt like this when the leading cause of death for Black males between the ages of 1-44 is homicide. I don't think the target audience of this content is dumb but I do believe they are impressionable and while listening to this music obviously isn't going to "turn" listeners into murderous savages, I hold the belief that it cheapens the value of Black life in the minds of the consumers. I've spent a lot of time consuming and waxing poetic about this music, I love the sonics, the melodies, the cadences and flows but I can't continue ignoring the elephant in the room and if that makes me a "self-hater" then it's a label I'll have to wear.

:manny: