#21Savage On The Verge Of Tears responds to people calling him a hypocrite

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Funny thing is people get mad when judges use rap lyrics to try to take dudes down. This ain’t much different because you’re basically saying the rappers are only what they rap about.

They aren't only what they rap about. Rappers have done beautiful things outside of promoting violence by way of creating anti-Black content, there's a thread right now about Lil Baby giving away shoes and 21 Savage has done back to school drives for years, so has Young Thug, a person that has rapped about his criminal exploits for years and is connected to 50 shootings in Georgia.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
He seem like he's at the age when you (should) start developing genuine empathy and begin going from a kiddie ass "I have no real responsibilities and I depend on others. I'm wild and reckless." mindset to a "I am responsible for others and they can depend on me. I can't afford to be wild and reckless" mindset...once that happens you start seeing things differently, as far as the stupid shyt you once swore was the coolest shyt ever...you start growing up.

He's not fully there yet because the ignorance and the not fully thought-out positions still try to shine thru, lol, "I'm a rap about what I wanna rap about", blah blah. I imagine in 3-5 years he'll be even more staunch in his position against it and probably will switch up his content. Good luck with that tho, lol...there's a reason hip hop is a youth driven, youth centric, youth everything ass genre and "old heads" are clowned at all times...immaturity reigns over everything here.

Hopefully he's being genuine and this isn't just a stunt because ATL is sweeping up a lot of these rappers and their gangs involved in street shyt (which they should) so he's scared, :sas2:
21 ain’t no young nikka he’s 30.

TAYLONDO SAMSWORTHY

Veteran
Verified
Supporter
Daps
Usually 21 is articulate when he speaks on various topics. He sounded all over the place and hella Juelz Santana-ey in this video.

nikkas today literally rap about who they killed and how they killed them and who they gonna kill next and what packs they smokin on and what drugs they do and sell and what opps they hate etc.

In one breath nikkas say,

- the record labels and media are brainwashing black folks to keep us violent and be perceived as violent and keep us in the ghetto

- the media, labels, tv are pushing the gay agenda and its brainwashing our kids to be gay and strip the black man of his masculinity

- im a trap nikka not a rapper, this the realest shyt i ever wrote. I spit truth, real nikka over here all my shyt real and raw

Then 0.1 business seconds later say, this just entertainment, music dont influence nobody to do shyt, what about denzel washington? Why aint yall on wesley snipes helmet! 🗣🗣🗣

Can’t make this shyt up :dead:

Last edited:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Hope lot of y’all don’t be watching violent movies :manny:

Imagine 21 Savage and Keanu Reeves both cooperated in police investigations and testified in court against a murderer.

Would 21 Savage's career be negatively impacted by testifying?

Would Keanu Reeve's career be negatively impacted by testifying?

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Unless he starts rapping like a Native Tongue affiliate what he says on social media doesn't matter.

And before people come in here talking about "but the music isn't causing the violence"....that has nothing to do with anything. The message he's trying to convey here and what he's recording in the booth are literally polar opposites of each other.

That's the issue and why he's being called a hypocrite. Nobody is saying 21 Savage or street rap is single-handedly causing violence, people need to retire that rebuttal.

Fred.
It’s funny that he feels that he needed to do this. Obviously it’s getting to him. Just go do your music and back to school drives and don’t worry about it. I’d love a new native tongues movement myself but I’m not holding my breath. I mean Dreamville are kinda close to that but people act like they don’t like them

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Unless he starts rapping like a Native Tongue affiliate what he says on social media doesn't matter.

And before people come in here talking about "but the music isn't causing the violence"....that has nothing to do with anything. The message he's trying to convey here and what he's recording in the booth are literally polar opposites of each other.

That's the issue and why he's being called a hypocrite. Nobody is saying 21 Savage or street rap is single-handedly causing violence, people need to retire that rebuttal.

Fred.

It has a lot to do with it, for the simple fact plenty of people do blame music for the violence. That’s the very reason why you can anticipate such a predictable reply. That statement is brought up often cause it’s usually a rebuttal to people fully, or mostly attributing violence and crime to rappers and rap music.

This thread is a circle jerk of coli nikkas doing they favorite past time, which is talking down on rappers and making them all that’s wrong with the black community. Also, it’s fair to call 21 Savage a hypocrite or whatever cause his music is violent. So to say why not do more or make more positive music is fair. But this all started with him tweeting out some stop the violence shyt. Mothafukkas was so negative in response to a positive message, that he made video response. So what is the conversation about now? Not stopping the violence or crime in Atlanta, but mothafukkas on they high horses on some, how dare he try and say something positive. shyt goofy.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It has a lot to do with it, for the simple fact plenty of people do blame music for the violence. That’s the very reason why you can anticipate such a predictable reply. That statement is brought up often cause it’s usually a rebuttal to people fully, or mostly attributing violence and crime to rappers and rap music.

This thread is a circle jerk of coli nikkas doing they favorite past time, which is talking down on rappers and making them all that’s wrong with the black community. Also, it’s fair to call 21 Savage a hypocrite or whatever cause his music is violent. So to say why not do more or make more positive music is fair. But this all started with him tweeting out some stop the violence shyt. Mothafukkas was so negative in response to a positive message, that he made video response. So what is the conversation about now? Not stopping the violence or crime in Atlanta, but mothafukkas on they high horses on some, how dare he try and say something positive. shyt goofy.

The reason I anticipated that reply is because this is the 2nd or 3rd thread on this and that was one of the first things said in his defense.

I wouldn't even say this is "talking down" on him. The Tweets are objectively ridiculous in relation to what he raps about.

I could kinda understand if he marketed himself as the "CNN of the streets" that passively reports on negativity....but dude talks like he's John Wick in his raps.

This would be like Cardi B making an IG post sayin women should stay virgins until they're married.

Anyway, one of two things are true:

1. He's a fraud that perpetrates an image he has zero relation to for profit.

2. He's the real deal, which makes the Tweets completely irrelevant.

Fred.