#21Savage On The Verge Of Tears responds to people calling him a hypocrite

M4T

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Orlando, Florida
He's basically saying his music is entertainment and shouldn't be taken literal, he's careful how he worded it because he doesn't wanna mess up his rap image.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This is the same argument that Eminem has been making for the entirety of his career

:wow:

Obie Obie

Been in this game for years.It’s made me an animal
Daps
Unless he starts rapping like a Native Tongue affiliate what he says on social media doesn't matter.

And before people come in here talking about "but the music isn't causing the violence"....that has nothing to do with anything. The message he's trying to convey here and what he's recording in the booth are literally polar opposites of each other.

That's the issue and why he's being called a hypocrite. Nobody is saying 21 Savage or street rap is single-handedly causing violence, people need to retire that rebuttal.

Fred.
He had no problem accepting the fame and money for the image he put out there. You’re totally right.

7p87gjf08w171.jpg

Last edited:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
He's basically saying his music is entertainment and shouldn't be taken literal, he's careful how he worded it because he doesn't wanna mess up his rap image.
Im sure this nikka caught a few bodies before so it aint all cap :yeshrug: at this point he too far in to make a turnaround.

Pillmattic

Banned
Daps
I mean I’m not one to judge I love all music but if your not a skilled enough emcee it’s gonna be hard to rap about conscious shyt and make it sound good and 21 smart but still even if your good at positive rap it’s gonna come off preachy

So I get what 21 is trying to do but a lot of ppl wanna see action not just words and if it don’t match it’s gonna sound like double talk or being a hypocrite

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Funny thing is people get mad when judges use rap lyrics to try to take dudes down. This ain’t much different because you’re basically saying the rappers are only what they rap about.