• Nígga Please

Votes: 69 40.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The last time the Democrats won the election they ran a black man.

They are trying to win this election by running a black woman.

And after Kamala Harris, they will probably try to win an election running Pete Buttigieg, a gay man.

Progress is slow but sometimes you look around and realize how far you've come.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/29
here's the entirety of Pink's performance at the DNC

2/29
Leon Panetta: Harris understands what our military is for. The role of our military is to defend us from foreign enemies. It is not to threaten Americans and it sure as hell isn't to put immigrants in camps ... when she takes her oath of office, our allies will cheer.

3/29
Ruben Gallego brings out fellow Democrats who have served in the military and then says, "Politicians like Donald Trump don't stand with us. They call patriots like Sen. McCain 'losers.' John McCain was an American history. Show some respect."

4/29
Gretchen Whitmer: Donald Trump called me 'that woman from Michigan' as an insult. *brushes off shoulder* Being a woman from Michigan is a badge of honor.

5/29
Whitmer: You think Trump understands that when your car breaks down, you can't get to work? No! His first word was probably 'chauffeur.' You think he's ever had to take items out of the cart before checking out? Hell, you think he's ever been to a grocery store?

6/29
Whitmer: Right now, before the crisis, is when we get to choose. Why wouldn't we choose the leader who's tough, tested, and a total badass?

7/29
Adam Kinzinger: I'm proud to be in the trenches w/you as part of this sometimes awkward alliance we have to defend truth, democracy, decency... I've learned something about the Dem Party, and I wanted to let my fellow Republicans in on the secret: Dems are just as patriotic as us

8/29
Kinzinger: The Republican Party is no longer conservative. It has switched it allegiance from the principles that gave it purpose to a man whose only purpose is himself. Donald Trump is a weak man pretending to be strong ... Trump has suffocated the soul of the Republican Party

9/29
Kinzinger: Some have questioned why I've taken the stand I have. The answer is simple: We must put country first ... to my fellow Republicans, if you still pledge allegiance to those principles, I suspect you belong here too... vote for our bedrock values & vote for Kamala Harris

10/29
We still getting a big surprise or what?

11/29
Big reception for Kamala before her speech

12/29
Harris: "Happy anniversary Dougie"

Doug: *blows a kiss*

13/29
Harris to Biden: "When I think about the path that we have traveled together, Joe, I am filled with gratitude. Your record is extraordinary, as history will show. And your character is inspiring. And Doug and I love you and Jill and are forever thankfully to you both."

14/29
adding this to my thread to account for the lack of the big surprise that everyone was speculating about 😆

15/29
Harris on her mom: "She taught Maya and me a lesson that Michelle mentioned the other night. She taught us to never complain about injustice, but do something about it. Do something about it. And she also taught us: Never do anything half-assed."

16/29
"On behalf of everyone whose story could only be written in the greatest nation on earth, I accept your nomination to be president" *huge cheers*

17/29
Harris: There are people of various political views watching tonight. I want you to know: I promise to be a president for all Americans. You can always trust me to put country above party & self. To hold sacred America's fundamental principles... to the peaceful transfer of power

18/29
Harris: "We never gave up, because the future is always worth fighting for. And that's the fight we're in right now: A fight for America's future."

19/29
Harris: In many ways Donald Trump is an unserious man, but the consequences of putting Donald Trump back in the White House are extremely serious...he tried to throw away your votes. When he failed, he sent an armed mob to the Capitol where they assaulted law enforcement officers

20/29
Harris: And we know what a second Trump term would like. It's all laid out in Project 2025, written by his closest advisers, and its sum total is to pull our country back to the past. But America -- we are not going back.

21/29
"We will create what I call an opportunity economy" -- Harris lays out her economic policy agenda in broad strokes, then contrasts it with Trump's agenda of tax cuts for the rich and tax hikes for the poor

22/29
Harris: "Donald Trump hand-picked members of SCOTUS to take away reproductive freedom, and now he brags about it ... simply put, they are out of their minds. And one must ask: Why exactly is it that they don't trust women? Well we trust women."

23/29
Harris: As president, I will bring back the bipartisan border security bill that Trump killed and I will sign it into law. I know we can live up to our proud heritage as a nation of immigrants and reform our broken immigration system.

24/29
Harris: As commander in chief, I will ensure America always has the strongest, most lethal fighting force in the world. And I will fulfill our sacred obligation to care for our troops and their families and I will always honor and never disparage their service and sacrifice

25/29
Harris: Trump threatened to abandon NATO. He encouraged Putin to invade our allies ... 5 days before Russia attacked Ukraine, I met with President Zelenskyy to warn him about Russia's plan to engage ... as president, I will stand strong with Ukraine and our NATO allies

26/29
Harris endorses a Gaza ceasefire & adds that she will always stand up for Israel's right to defend itself, saying "the people of Israel must never again face the horror that a terrorist organization called Hamas caused." But she adds, "what has happened in Gaza is devastating"

27/29
Harris: I will not cozy up to tyrants and dictators like Kim Jong Un who are rooting for Trump. Because they know he's easy to manipulate with flattery and favors. They know Trump won't hold autocrats accountable because he wants to be an autocrat himself.

28/29
Kamala Harris wraps up a strong DNC speech: Our opponents are out there every day denigrating America, talking about how terrible everything is. Well my mother had another lesson -- never let anyone tell you who you are, show them who you are...let us write the next great chapter

29/29
Well, that's a wrap on a wonderful DNC. If you appreciate me bringing you highlights all week long, please show love by signing up for my newsletter. I think you'll enjoy it and paid subscribers make my work possible. Thank you! Subscribe to Public Notice

To post tweets in this format, more info here: Tips And Tricks For Posting The Coli Megathread.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The last time the Democrats won the election they ran a black man.

They are trying to win this election by running a black woman.

And after Kamala Harris, they will probably try to win an election running Pete Buttigieg, a gay man.

Progress is slow but sometimes you look around and realize how far you've come.
:heh: The last time the Democrats won the election they ran an old man that had a speech impediment and old dude didn't even bother leaving his basement to beat punkass Trump.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/1
Trump: "American does not have a gun problem."

Notice he's behind bullet-proof glass in case another Republican tries to shoot him again.

Hypocrisy is the lifeblood of Republican politicians.

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196
GVj_u-EWwAAFhEf.png

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
We be focusing mostly on the wrong branch. The executive only has but so much power. This is why I never bashed Obama for his presidency run. Trump intentionally tried to hire klan members into the legislative and judicial branch in order to create full house authority. The electoral college won't allow him to win regardless of the popular vote is my guess.

Nonetheless, the American government system is one big scam.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/1
“We’re not going back” means turning the page on the Trump era with its tiki-torch Nazis, mismanaged pandemics, massive tax cuts for the rich, and assault on reproductive rights".

Fantastic read!

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196

bnew

Veteran
Daps