• Total voters

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
and frankly, being the first lady is not really a great qualification. yeah, of course she could do the job, but i feel like if it ever became real, a lot of people would :rudy: at the idea. hillary at least carpetbagged her way to an NY Senate seat before she ran

I dunno, I feel like it's happened in a lot of other countries. Off the top of my head, Phillippines, Pakistan, India, and Argentina have all had first ladies who then became Prime Minister. People who oppose her would raise a fuss of course, but her supporters would just ignore them.

[Edit: Google says it's also happened in Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, and Guyana too, and actually happened twice in Argentina.]

From a practical standpoint, I don't think being a First Lady is really any less of a qualification than being a typical vice-president or a low-level senator. In all of those cases, you get an intimate picture of the day-to-day issues the president is dealing with, but you have very little actual power or responsibility in any of it. In fact, pretty sure Elenor Roosevelt had more power than almost any vice-president did. In terms of elected politicians, I think it's mostly just govenors and very high-level senators who have actual practical experience in dealing with the same issues the president deals with.

Last edited:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dunno, I feel like it's happened in a lot of other countries. Off the top of my head, Phillippines, Pakistan, India, and Argentina have all had first ladies who then became Prime Minister. People who oppose her would raise a fuss of course, but her supporters would just ignore them.

From a practical standpoint, I don't think being a First Lady is really any less of a qualification than being vice-president or a low-level senator. In all of those cases, you get an intimate picture of the day-to-day issues the president is dealing with, but you have very little actual power or responsibility in any of it. I think it's mostly just govenors and very high-level senators who have actual practical experience in dealing with the same issues the president deals with.
i gotta be honest; i don't really like it :yeshrug:

there's a lot of qualified people in this country; i'm not really interested in 'families' being in politics. bushes, clintons, kennedys...is that really something we want to encourage?

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin

Another Dem in a Trump district. Did they all get together to come out and say the election is already lost? Incredible to see elected Dems throwing in the towel.

Blue Dogs.

:russell: Here is another poll.

Plus Simon has some words.

Trump staying quiet is a good thing, but at the same time the SCOTUS decision is going to fukk with his style.

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
Fah going ham. They gave trump that tiny slice of immunity so he's amped up. I give it to you naysayers. They gave him immunity for 'official acts' so I know you're grinning down. Congratulations. I give it up to you. Trump got his 'victory'.

4 short months, fellas. :sas2:. Oh and Biden is going nowhere and will come out better and stronger. And so will the voters. :sas2:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Michelle Obama beating Trump is a fantasy. I wish libs would stop bringing her up.

White men and women aren't going for it. They will happily vote Trump.

You don't have any actual evidence for that, just feelings.

Polls and my personal experience suggest White women are WAY more enthusiastic for Michelle Obama than for either Joe Biden or Donald Trump. Sure, she might struggle a bit with White men, but that will be cancelled out and then some by the boost in turnout and margin that she'll get among the Black population.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
i gotta be honest; i don't really like it :yeshrug:

there's a lot of qualified people in this country; i'm not really interested in 'families' being in politics. bushes, clintons, kennedys...is that really something we want to encourage?

In the abstract, no. I didn't like George W. being a thing, didn't like Hillary running for office, I'm not very interested in people getting elected due to their connections to other people who are elected.

In this specific case, though? I would give up an arm and a few years off my life to have Michelle Obama as president in 2025 instead of Donald Trump.

Jesus H. Christ

I died for your sins
Daps
In the abstract, no. I didn't like George W. being a thing, didn't like Hillary running for office, I'm not very interested in people getting elected due to their connections to other people who are elected.

In this specific case, though? I would give up an arm and a few years off my life to have Michelle Obama as president in 2025 instead of Donald Trump.
You know the party is in shambles when people are even drawing a scenario to have Michelle Obama running.:francis:

What were the Dems thinking?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
hey, i still predict biden wins 287 electoral votes :hubie:

except now it's more of a ":skip::huhldup:" prediction

Before the debate, my "please god I can only hope" prediction was 270/276. That didn't really feel like an objectively accurate prediction, because Biden threading the needle on every borderline state felt unjustified but it seemed like a "possible" prediction.

After the debate? If nothing else changes, then Trump could mimic the 2016 map only grab Nevada too.

There's still plenty of time for more swings though.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
GRg96i0XQAAmu5O