WHO WINS?

• Total voters

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Explain in detail how she's not running to the right of Biden.

You made the initial claim so have at it, Champ. I appreciate more than most that Biden has been the most progressive president in history but you're clearly blowing smoke. Have you decided who you'll be voting for btw?

:mjgrin:

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Honest question, and I'm not being facetious:

Are there any Presidents or Presidential candidates in the history of the US that you actually support?

I know you're cynical of Presidents in general, so let's say, strictly on a policy level, what Presidents or Presidential candidates come the closest to receiving a thumbs up from you?
No, of course there are no Presidents in the history of the US that I actually support :heh:

Some are way better than others, but this is a deeply, structurally immoral country that has never reconstructed from its origins as a colonial slave state predicated on the dispossession and immiseration of marginalized people, which goes against every political and moral principle I have. The President, almost by definition, is perpetually committing moral and legal crimes. I don't believe Presidents should be "supported" as much as "used". They are tools.

In terms of who has come closest to receiving a thumbs up from me, if we're limiting it to major campaigns, Jesse Jackson and Elizabeth Warren are the two I would highlight right now.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
If you are on the left you should have a more vested interested in not allowing a fascist in the white house because the probability of the progressive policies you would like to be implemented being enacted in your lifetime declines dramatically.

It’s more imperative that those on the left suck it up and vote for Kamala because you essentially agree with most of her policies, you just don’t think it’s enough.

The centrist she’s trying to court disagree with her policies but she’s trying to get them to vote for her despite that to save democracy. You already know all of this though.

So yes you lefties need to stop being babies, shut up and go vote
He can’t vote, so fixed.

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
What’s clear to me is that while certain trends will hold this election - there is going to be a sort of political reorganization along gender/social/regional and class lines. The more I get out and talk to people, I realize that they’re considering politics in a way that wouldn’t even cross my mind. The way liberals created air America back in the day to counteract right wing radio - there needs to be an investment in the influencer sphere to combat right wing dominance in those areas - especially where young men are at. I be hearing people reference shyt that I thought was just random incel internet weirdo shyt.

I saw mad black people talking to me about their fear of immigrants and some brother talking about build the wall. My head started hurting.
I seen the same thing too lol, I had a conversation with a dude and it was like if a Kevin Samuels/Tariq show came to real life. Bad thing is I have no idea how to satisfy people like this. Most of their grievances seem rooted in economic issues and poor access to women “they deserve”.

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
No, of course there are no Presidents in the history of the US that I actually support :heh:

Some are way better than others, but this is a deeply, structurally immoral country that has never reconstructed from its origins as a colonial slave state predicated on the dispossession and immiseration of marginalized people, which goes against every political and moral principle I have. The President, almost by definition, is perpetually committing moral and legal crimes. I don't believe Presidents should be "supported" as much as "used". They are tools.

In terms of who has come closest to receiving a thumbs up from me, if we're limiting it to major campaigns, Jesse Jackson and Elizabeth Warren are the two I would highlight right now.

I can't disagree with anything you said here.

From a pragmatic (and electoral perspective), why do you think neither Liz Warren and Jesse Jackson came close to being elected?

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
If you are on the left you should have a more vested interested in not allowing a fascist in the white house because the probability of the progressive policies you would like to be implemented being enacted in your lifetime declines dramatically.

It’s more imperative that those on the left suck it up and vote for Kamala because you essentially agree with most of her policies, you just don’t think it’s enough.

The centrist she’s trying to court disagree with her policies but she’s trying to get them to vote for her despite that to save democracy. You already know all of this though.

So yes you lefties need to stop being babies, shut up and go vote.
The political program of the Harris '24 campaign is more aligned with centrist policies than leftist policies. The left are sucking it up to the degree they are in spite of being disregarded by the Democratic Party because the left realizes there is a broader goal of defeating Trump. The left are more ideologically aware than centrists. She is courting centrists because it has been a long-standing project in the Democratic Party to dilute the political power of the left in the Democratic coalition moving forward, so Democratic elites don't have to be threatened by leftist activists who are hostile to their attempts to pursue the policies of the monied interests. When the private insurance lobbyists come knocking, it's much easier to take their money to not fix healthcare when you have to convince an Adam Kinzinger vs a Cory Bush.