2023 Official NFL Draft Thread (April 27-29)

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
What are you guy's hopes or goals for the draft, for your squads?

Lions

1. Trade down: I'd love to trade down from 6 to 8-9, to a team that wants a QB. It looks like we're gonna draft a CB early and I'd rather do that at 8-9 than 6. Plus getting an extra pick in the trade will make me feel better about taking a CB so early.

2. We need interior d-line help. Jalen Carter not falling to 6 so we'll have to find it somewhere else. Mazi Smith, Siaka Ika, Keeanu Benton...lots of options for the second or third round. I'd stay away from Bryan Bresee, dude looks like a bust.

3. RB. Jamaal Williams is a good goal like back, Deandre Swift can't stay healthy. Would love to get Zach Charbonnet in the second round, or someone else later. I like Roshon Johnson, who was Bijan's backup at Texas.

Other needs: guard, LB, possibly WR depending on free agency.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
I clearly said the boy was the goods. But the question is still relevant so, I again ask, when was the last good QB to come from OSU?

I watch a ton of college football. I get it, I totally look at the player BUT, the helmet tells you a lil something too. It ALL means something.

OL from Iowa/Wisconsin, LBs/DBs from LSU, TEs from Miami, c'mon now. Some of these schools are known for a "thing" good or bad. But you ALWAYS scout the player...

CJ was balling this year, no lie bout that
Wisconsin ain’t had a consistent ol in a while

Been a while since a good Miami te and shockey, Olsen, njoku, ward none of these guys had the same te coaches and when’s the last great one ?

Same for lsu, it’s Louisiana, it’s a lot of fukkin talent here it’s tbd for stingley but been a minute since the last great lsu db

And Iowa has been under kirks rule since 99 so some stuff will stay the same because not many of his assistants move around, and he keeps the same situation

Some what with Bama, though i think the offensive players were really coached up in lane/sarks time, and Kirby for some defenders, also defense as we know it will never be the same…

But you are talking several different coaching staffs, qbs, personnel, and schemes with osu, imagine judging tua and Bryce according to mcCaron, croyal and Parker different caliber of players, wr talent coaches, and philosophy bruh

Fields Haskins and stroud are nothing like they had in the past, and this has all been under Day
The sweater vest and urban were not exactly known for their qb whispering

Last edited:

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola

Lions

1. Trade down: I'd love to trade down from 6 to 8-9, to a team that wants a QB. It looks like we're gonna draft a CB early and I'd rather do that at 8-9 than 6. Plus getting an extra pick in the trade will make me feel better about taking a CB so early.

2. We need interior d-line help. Jalen Carter not falling to 6 so we'll have to find it somewhere else. Mazi Smith, Siaka Ika, Keeanu Benton...lots of options for the second or third round. I'd stay away from Bryan Bresee, dude looks like a bust.

3. RB. Jamaal Williams is a good goal like back, Deandre Swift can't stay healthy. Would love to get Zach Charbonnet in the second round, or someone else later. I like Roshon Johnson, who was Bijan's backup at Texas.

Bears

Find a sucka trade down get 2 first round picks maybe even a second or 3rd

Get Carter, try to get jsn since his stock dropped in late round 1 or early 2, then just fill holes (pause) especially both Los’s

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
FqA31XSXoAA9Dz5

Bryce has a doctorate in Passing mechanics, but his size is disturbing. If he had 4 more inches, he'd be a god. But wouldn't we all :unimpressed:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
AR15 can be a star if he goes to the right team
who believes in him. He needs to sit a year

I see it but I dont see it with dude.
He can't quarterback. Josh Allen blowing up was the worst thing cause while there have always been big rocket arm kids who were very questionable got taken really early most them cats aint turn out to be shyt. But since Allen blew everybody saying oh he can't quarterback worth a damn but boy can he throw and they looking at taking them very early.
I dont think Richardson turns out to be much his work ethic gon have to be top echelon to be a starter in the league.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps

Lions

Cowboys

Draft a QB as high as possible :damn:

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly

Lions

Byrdgang

1. Trade down from 10 to 14 or 15...pick up an extra 3rd rounder...draft Joey Porter Jr...hope he becomes the best corner in the draft
2. Draft the best DL available at 30 whether interior or edge...I can see us taking Nolan Smith from Georgia
3. Draft the best OLB or S if we let Marcus Epps and/or Kyzir White walk in FA
4. Draft the best between the tackles RB w/ burst available in the 3rd round