2023 Academy Award nominations

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Cap. She's been in hit movies and cult classics since the '80s.
Why you do this? “Yeah, she was a star in a major movie in 1994, so you are wrong.” Everyone who saw my post knew the point I was making. She hasn’t been at that level since the 80s. It’s like you see things like a robot and it’s only black and white.

And she isn’t an acting titan either. Name me one elite acting performance she had?

And I’m not shaming her, but she isn’t a legacy actor except for her last name. Her winning this award is a joke.

Last edited:

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Why was Don Lemon and Oscars trending?

Was “The Whale” that good? I haven’t been really moved to watch it.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Why you do this? “Yeah, she was a star in a major movie in 1994, so you are wrong.” Everyone who saw my post knew the point I was making. She hasn’t been at that level since the 80s. It’s like you see things like a robot and it’s only black and white.

And she isn’t an acting titan either. Name me one elite acting performance she had?

And I’m not sharing her, but she isn’t a legacy actor except for her last name. Her winning this award is a joke.
You just said a whole bunch of nothing in that post lol.

Anyways, I wasn't speaking on her winning the award or not.

She's a good actress and is widely liked (for the most part). You feel differently.... whatever :manny:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Anyways, I wasn't speaking on her winning the award or not.
That’s exactly my point. You weren’t event responding the point of my post. You just went hyper nerdy to say, “nooo, that point is wrong because of this one movie! *snorts*

She's a good actress and is widely liked (for the most part)
I just said that. Lol

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Might be a dumb question but did New Line put out a bunch of Oscar winners?

All I remember for is the blassics (House Party 1&2, Boomerang, Friday series, Blade 1&2, etc)
It’s more they filling what Miramax/Weinstein Films left behind.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
That’s exactly my point. You weren’t event responding the point of my post. You just went hyper nerdy to say, “nooo, that point is wrong because of this one movie! *snorts*

I just said that. Lol
Cool.

They probably should have given that award to Stephanie Hsu or Angela Bassett instead of her but :hubie:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I only know about this movie because of Seinfeld

seinfeld-english-patient.gif
You’re fired!

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
As was Birdman, Hurt Locker, 12 Years a Slave, Moonlight, Spotlight and others.

Selma and Whiplash>>>>>> Birdman

12 Years A Slave I won’t argue. I was sick of slavery films at that time but objectively speaking its a well made, powerful film featuring heartbreaking performances from both Chiwetol and Lupita.

Moonlight I never saw nor care to see. But its written and directed by a black man so I respect it.

I think The Martian, Mad Max, and The Revenant are miles better than Spotlight. I personally would have voted for The Martian or Revenant

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As was Birdman, Hurt Locker, 12 Years a Slave, Moonlight, Spotlight and others.
I didn’t see the big deal with The Hurt Locker.
I should watch it again. It’s been a long time.

EEAAO will go down as one of the most underwhelming Best Pictures ever.

Honestly if you compare it to other Best Picture winners going back 40 years it doesn’t beat any of them.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
No Country for Old Men and Parasite are the only worthy Best Picture winners in the last 15 years :yeshrug:Facts
I’ve watched NCFOM, Slumdog Millionaire, Argo, Birdman, and Parasite a lot. 12 Years a Slave was great, but that’s not a movie that you go back and rewatch much due to the hard content. I’ve only watched that movie once tbh.