2023 Academy Award nominations

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
Everything Everywhere All At Once getting all those nominations is preposterous. It almost seems like it has some kind of "Stop Asian Hate" booster. I can't understand the hype about this movie at all. And yes I went back and finished it. I remain unimpressed.
They basically just took The Matrix and added a multiverse with some crouching tiger shyt. And the main characters were not interesting.:unimpressed:

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Actually I misread. I read "I wonder if All Quiet..." As if you hadn't seen those two movies. You're definitely welcome to think they're both better than EEAAO :manny: I just read too fast
To be fair I think Avatar 2 and All Quiet have flaws also. I thought last year's best picture lineup was way better. Again just my opinion

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not sure how people are surprised to see Top Gun get nominated for Best Film. Not only had people been throwing that possibility out there for most of the year, but ever since they doubled the Best Picture nominee field to ten in 2009, they've made efforts to get at least one or two of the more successful wide release movies in there. Top Gun fits the bill.

I thoroughly enjoyed Top Gun, and haven't seen all the other nominees yet, but I'm not sure it should win as of now. I'll know for certain once I've seen the rest of the field as a whole.

Idk who’s had the better comeback this year: Brendan Fraser or Key Hu Quan. Either way, I think they’re winning and good for them.

I'd say it was Ke Huy Quan. Brendan Fraser has still worked pretty steadily throughout his career, even after a few flops. Ke Huy Quan had his offers dry up when he aged out of being able to do Short Round/Data style roles, and mostly disappeared, and comes back to get an Oscar nomination almost instantly. That ain't normal, breh.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
FnRGaU3WQAEa18E

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Yeah nah. It's because she's a cacette. Meanwhile Viola gets snubbed. Because it's not about talent. It never was.
Foh. If you wanna play that crybaby game save the ire for Andrea risenborough who got a nomination for a movie nobody has seen because a few famous actors started a Twitter campaign And not for one of the rare Latinas to get a nomination. I think Viola is fine with her four Oscar nominations in one win.