2023 Academy Award nominations

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
The woman you're replying to really thinks Wakanda Forever deserves a Best Picture nom? Be f#ckin' for real.
She couldn't even correctly spell the name of the movie she was championing. Tons of people on Twitter and on this board were trying to cancel the movie when it came out over historical inaccuracies. Now people are mad Viola didn't get nominated :yeshrug:

Daps
Brian Tyree Henry nominated for Causeway. Has anyone here seen it? I am going to be honest I not only didn't see it but I have never heard of it before.
And it has Jennifer Lawrence? Did they just throw that one over the fence?

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
No fly zone for will smith :mjlol:

Good.
Maybe Black people will stop churning out the pathetic version of slavery that they insist on putting into tv shows and movies. :scust:

And produce more Nat Turner esque content instead.

And Will probably thought that lowering himself to playing a slave would get cacs to like him. Because like a lot of Blacks that stay around cacs he desperately wants their approval.

Even though Black people should only worry about advancing their own interests and forget about awards and recognition from people that despise them.

Since it's a fools errand.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Brian Tyree Henry nominated for Causeway. Has anyone here seen it? I am going to be honest I not only didn't see it but I have never heard of it before.

Its on Apple +

Haven’t seen it but Brian Tyree Henry got some incredible reviews, critics called it his best work to date and he was getting some early Oscar buzz when it first dropped.

Last edited:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Its on Apple +

Haven’t seen it but Brian Tyree Henry got some incredible reviews, critics called it bis best work to date and he was getting some early Oscar buzz when it first dropped.
I saw it, I can't talk about it without spoiling it, but it's good. Nothing f up happens to his character, but he had a tragedy off screen before the movie.

@sjankis630 I can't talk about it without spoiling the movie, you'll have to make that leap my brother.

it's a date movie if you're dating a yt girl, black women ain't tolerating this shiet

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY

Saw it. He's really good and I'm happy he got nominated for it. Glad to see him finally get some recognition.