2023 Academy Award nominations

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
In a world where Will Smith didn't slap Chris Rock live on stage during the Oscar's broadcast, Smith probably would've gotten a Best Actor nom for Emancipation, the movie would've been nominated for Best Picture, and Antoine Fuqua might've gotten a best director nom. :francis:
I wonder which presenter will get the honor of making fun of that incident this year. I can see Chris presenting again with security surrounding him or see Jimmy Kimmel doing an unfunny, cringeworthy parody of it.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
In a world where Will Smith didn't slap Chris Rock live on stage during the Oscar's broadcast, Smith probably would've gotten a Best Actor nom for Emancipation, the movie would've been nominated for Best Picture, and Antoine Fuqua might've gotten a best director nom. :francis:
That movie was panned and it seemed like nobody watched it.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
That movie was panned and it seemed like nobody watched it.
The majority of reviews talked about the slap more than the movie itself. This flick got the same treatment that Birth of a Nation got when Nate Parker's personal controversy sandbagged what had been hyped as a possible awards contender. The only difference was that a large number of Birth of a Nation reviews had already been written before the old rape trial stuff Me Too'd it.
And let's not act like critically panned movies haven't resulted in nominations before. I mean Ana de Armas was just nominated for Blonde.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
The majority of reviews talked about the slap more than the movie itself. This flick got the same treatment that Birth of a Nation got when Nate Parker's personal controversy sandbagged what had been hyped as a possible awards contender. The only difference was that a large number of Birth of a Nation reviews had already been written before the old rape trial stuff Me Too'd it.
And let's not act like critically panned movies haven't resulted in nominations before. I mean Ana de Armas was just nominated for Blonde.
Yes but ana also got sag and globe noms. Emancipation got almost nothin from anyone and you came through with your fantasy land scenario where it's up for all major awards. Fuqua has never been nominated for any major awards ever either