2022 MLB Off-Season Hot Stove thread

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I like that idea. :ehh:

In a way I understand why this idea might make sense. Stealing home is very risky. Perhaps in some minds it should be worth more.

But it's such a situational thing. I don't think it would happen much, if ever.

If you have a guy on 3rd base in the 2nd inning, you're never going to risk making an out at home plate with a steal.
If you have a guy on 3rd base of a 1 run game in the 8th inning, everyone knows the threat and you're unlikely to be successful with the steal anyway.

Plus, do we really want to live in a world where a steal is worth more than a home run?

It's a fun idea. I'll give you that.

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
In a way I understand why this idea might make sense. Stealing home is very risky. Perhaps in some minds it should be worth more.

But it's such a situational thing. I don't think it would happen much, if ever.

If you have a guy on 3rd base in the 2nd inning, you're never going to risk making an out at home plate with a steal.
If you have a guy on 3rd base of a 1 run game in the 8th inning, everyone knows the threat and you're unlikely to be successful with the steal anyway.

Plus, do we really want to live in a world where a steal is worth more than a home run?

It's a fun idea. I'll give you that.
It's harder to steal home than hit a home run.
:manny:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Every park has the same dimensions. :unimpressed:

When you think about it, how crazy is it that no two parks are the same? No other sport has that. Imagine if the rim was a different height in every NBA arena or certain NFL fields were wider or shorter. :mjlol:

There's never been a uniform set dimension for every park has always had its quirks.

and then again, certain pitches in soccer are bigger than others.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
There's never been a uniform set dimension for every park has always had its quirks.

and then again, certain pitches in soccer are bigger than others.
I know, it's just goofy if you really think about it. What other sport will have a graphic saying the equivalent of, "that would have been a home run in X other parks but instead it's a fly out?"

Teams will construct rosters based on their home park. Imagine if every team Shaq played on used an 11 foot rim or the lane was two feet wide.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Well I played baseball.
Hitting a HR is harder than stealing a base.

Just because something is rare doesn’t mean it should be more valuable.
667eff1f-2c5f-4dde-b21d-5f2f19040c54_text.gif

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I know, it's just goofy if you really think about it. What other sport will have a graphic saying the equivalent of, "that would have been a home run in X other parks but instead it's a fly out?"

Teams will construct rosters based on their home park. Imagine if every team Shaq played on used an 11 foot rim or the lane was two feet wide.
Someone needs to bring back the peach basketball hoop

FHItkBJXoAAHAkz.jpg