2022 MLB Off-Season Hot Stove thread

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Because it bounced off his head and not the ground.
That’s the point.

If you “catch” the ball over the wall and land in the stands, that should be a HR.

The same way if you catch a football in the air but land out of the end zone, it’s incomplete.

You should have to “complete” the act of the catch in bounds of play.

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
That’s the point.

If you “catch” the ball over the wall and land in the stands, that should be a HR.

The same way if you catch a football in the air but land out of the end zone, it’s incomplete.

You should have to “complete” the act of the catch in bounds of play.
So when players catch a ball while landing in the stands in foul territory it should be a foul ball instead of an out?

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So when players catch a ball while landing in the stands in foul territory it should be a foul ball instead of an out?
I think so.

I don’t think that’s the rule. Or maybe it is.

Of course if you catch it in bounds and go into the stands after, that’s different.

Whatever. We’re rambling here.

That was a great video. I’ll leave it at that. Lol.

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
I think so.

I don’t think that’s the rule. Or maybe it is.

Of course if you catch it in bounds and go into the stands after, that’s different.

Whatever. We’re rambling here.

That was a great video. I’ll leave it at that. Lol.
I think that's a thread worthy question.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you want some help this year with your fantasy baseball team, here's a tip:

Yandy Diaz will be tremendously underrated.

Is he a top 10 overall pick? Obviously not. He's not even a guy I'd take in the top 10 rounds.
But he's likely to get on base and score runs.

I'm excited to come back to this after the season to see how he's performed. I think he could be a top 10 fantasy 3B.
Possibly Top 5.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
If you want some help this year with your fantasy baseball team, here's a tip:

Yandy Diaz will be tremendously underrated.

Is he a top 10 overall pick? Obviously not. He's not even a guy I'd take in the top 10 rounds.
But he's likely to get on base and score runs.

I'm excited to come back to this after the season to see how he's performed. I think he could be a top 10 fantasy 3B.
Possibly Top 5.
I swear he puts up the same numbers every year.

I got a draft later this month I gotta prep for and I pick 2nd. More complicated than your typical draft (fixed prices, salary cap). I might need to take Ohtani if he's there. Walk year and I get his pitching and hitting.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I swear he puts up the same numbers every year.

I got a draft later this month I gotta prep for and I pick 2nd. More complicated than your typical draft (fixed prices, salary cap). I might need to take Ohtani if he's there. Walk year and I get his pitching and hitting.
Can you post the point structure of your league?
What pitching/hitting stats....how many fantasy points for each...

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Can you post the point structure of your league?
What pitching/hitting stats....how many fantasy points for each...

11 teams (so 11 points for whoever's first in a category, 1 last)

HR/RBI/AVG/R/SB offense
WHIP/K/ERA/S/W pitching

And like I said, there's a fixed price for players (Ron Shandler's Baseball Forecaster), 22 roster spots, $320 cap limit, Ohtani by far is the most expensive since his hitting and pitching prices are combined.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
11 teams (so 11 points for whoever's first in a category, 1 last)

HR/RBI/AVG/R/SB offense
WHIP/K/ERA/S/W pitching

And like I said, there's a fixed price for players (Ron Shandler's Baseball Forecaster), 22 roster spots, $320 cap limit, Ohtani by far is the most expensive since his hitting and pitching prices are combined.
I wanted to run a projection for it.
It's interesting.

From a dollar perspective, I'd probably take Judge or Vlad if they were available and I had the #2 overall pick.
Ohtani projects as the 8th best dollar value at pitcher. He's tremendously valuable as a hitter though.

I wouldn't blame you for taking him #2 overall. It just depends on price. And it depends on your league. Part of it is, you gotta know what your opponents will do.

If you know you can get hitting value in the middle to late rounds, I'd snatch up as much top level pitching as I can.
You just have to be careful not to fall into the trap of trying to get value all the time, because raw points matter.