2022 MLB Off-Season Hot Stove thread

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Every park has the same dimensions. :unimpressed:

When you think about it, how crazy is it that no two parks are the same? No other sport has that. Imagine if the rim was a different height in every NBA arena or certain NFL fields were wider or shorter. :mjlol:
Not the same thing but NFL fields can be a lot different based on weather(Dolphins wear white at home because it's so hot, snow in Green Bay, etc) or dome vs. outside, grass vs. turf, etc.

Given how much altitude/weather affects the movement of the ball, imagine if Coors Field and Great American Ballpark(Reds) had the same dimensions :mjlol:

Astros CF wall(furthest) is 45 feet further back than Boston's(closest) but there was 1 more HR hit there last season

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
A week or two ago, Manny Machado announced that he was going to opt out of his contract with the Padres. It was a strange move because there weren't many teams that would offer him big money. The Yankees would have made sense. Possibly the Giants. The Dodgers have a young Miguel Vargas so that seemed unlikely. But teams like the Red Sox, Cubs and Mets would have either been bad teams, or wouldn't have the money.

Turns out he signed an extension with the Padres. This is good for Machado. Probably bad for the Padres in my opinion. To me it sounds very similar to when A-Rod re-upped with the Yankees in the late 2000s...even though nobody else was a factor to take him. So I think the Padres effectively outbid themselves. The good news is that for the immediate future, the Padres will be WS contenders. The bad news is that they're going to regret that contract in 4 years.

The bad news is that for the Yankees, they're going to have to get creative at 3B. There's no good 3B prospect in their farm system. And there are no good third basemen coming out in free agency in the next two years. The best one will be Alex Bregman...who will be 30 years old in 2025 when he's eligible. Maybe the Yankees don't need an elite 3B to win a championship. They never really had one during their championship years. But they're going to have to find someone to play there and fast.
Curious why you think of the Mets being a 'bad team' .. because you know they were gonna have the money?

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Curious why you think of the Mets being a 'bad team' .. because you know they were gonna have the money?
The Mets are already at 330 million in payroll and their luxury tax hit on top of that is huge.

They’re not going to be in a position to sign another 300M player for a while.

Unless they’re retarded.

…actually maybe they will.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Padres/Mariners took 2 hours 29 minutes and rangers/royals 2 hours 33 minutes. Sounds like the plan is working.

Just to add a few more. Mets/Nats today with 9 runs total 2 hours 28 minutes, Baltimore/Detroit with 16 runs total 2:46 and Washington/Houston with 5 runs total 2:07.

Once they figure out robot umps games it's a wrap. We'll get games shorter than an Avengers movie

• Love
Reactions: Rev

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
The Mets are already at 330 million in payroll and their luxury tax hit on top of that is huge.

They’re not going to be in a position to sign another 300M player for a while.

Unless they’re retarded.

…actually maybe they will.
Word had Cohen after Manny and Ohtani after this season, and then letting the kids gradually take over once contracts start expiring.