2012 NBA Free Agent Watch Thread

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Asked prominent GM: Who'd you rather have in deal for Dwight Howard - Bynum or Horford? A: "Horford, 'cause I know he'll play every night."

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
The problem with that trade is that it completely kills off any chance of Orlando retaining Ryan Anderson.

:yeshrug: they could re-sign him though since he is restricted. They could try trading Big Baby but I don't know who would take him. Or they could sign Anderson & trade him since he would bring back more than Davis would.

:yeshrug: I'm just Monday morning GMing the scenario.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
:yeshrug: they could re-sign him though since he is restricted. They could try trading Big Baby but I don't know who would take him. Or they could sign Anderson & trade him since he would bring back more than Davis would.

:yeshrug: I'm just Monday morning GMing the scenario.

except now they'd be paying damn near luxury tax dough on a treadmill team while blocking off their first round pick in Andrew Nicholson.

I-Hate-You

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Danny is swag surfing right now

Just going online and on SportsCenter: Hawks have agreed in principle to deal Marvin Williams to Utah for Devin Harris to shed even more $

DoubleJ13

Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
:heh: The same Horford who just missed almost the whole year, who was the GM Ferry? Dallas's GM?

:rudy: acting like Bynum wasn't injured all the damn time.

except now they'd be paying damn near luxury tax dough on a treadmill team while blocking off their first round pick in Andrew Nicholson.

Nelson(if they sign him back)/Duhon
Richardson/Reddikk
Wallace/Nicholson/Clark
Anderson/Davis/Hump/Harper
Lopez/Anderson/Davis/Hump

Their gonna pay the tax either way. They already got $31M on the books for next year not including Nicholson/Nelson/Anderson's raise & Turkoglu & Q-Rich picking up their options.

They bring in Bynum he needs an extension or you end up in the same situation you're in now. If they made that deal with the Nets at least they would have guys under contracts to build around for a few years.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
hmmm...unless the Hawks are gonna trade both Smith and Teague for Pau now? :scheme: probably not :sadbron:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:rudy: acting like Bynum wasn't injured all the damn time.

After watching Drew play all last season and knowing he's going to Germany to be on the #KobeSystem I'm not worried about Bynum's knee.

truthfully part of why he kept getting hurt was he was coming back too soon.

They bring in Bynum he needs an extension or you end up in the same situation you're in now. If they made that deal with the Nets at least they would have guys under contracts to build around for a few years.

Now they don't....Drew isn't passing up the chance to get the most money possible. He even said he's not sweating if the Lakers trade him because there's banks/ATM's everywhere.

DoubleJ13

Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
After watching Drew play all last season and knowing he's going to Germany to be on the #KobeSystem I'm not worried about Bynum's knee.

truthfully part of why he kept getting hurt was he was coming back too soon.

Now they don't....Drew isn't passing up the chance to get the most money possible. He even said he's not sweating if the Lakers trade him because there's banks/ATM's everywhere.

I couldn't give 2 shyts about his knee, but I think it's dumb for people to talk about how Horford was hurt last year & somehow that devalues him but talk like Bynum hasn't ever missed a game.

That's another reason I wouldn't trade Howard for Bynum. You're trading one half in half out jackass for another. At least with Lopez I'm not as worried about his personality because he hasn't shown himself to be a complete jackass.:manny: