2012 NBA Free Agent Watch Thread

Mr swag

We Out Here
Daps
Reppin
The Well Respected Uptown,Virginia
With six free agents and little room under the luxury-tax threshold, the Grizzlies are set for an offseason of uncertainty.

"We can't be in the luxury tax business," Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley said. "We've got to make some financial decisions. That's without question.

"But we have to step away from this a little bit and let this settle down. I'm not going to allow myself to have any feelings about the roster right now. I don't want us to look at Game 7 and make decisions for the future. That would be a mistake. You have to look at the season, the players and what's available. But we've got a heck of a lot of talent coming back."

Heisley gave coach Lionel Hollins a vote of confidence.

"There's a helluva lot more to coaching than just lineups," Heisley said. "Please tell the people in Memphis to stop looking for a scapegoat because there is none. I have no less opinion of Lionel Hollins. The reality is Lionel has more knowledge about professional basketball in one finger than I have in my body.

"How can people blame Lionel? The way he brought those young kids along. ... What do people want me to do, get rid of the coach? It's ridiculous. You can't go with more than what got you there. He's the best coach we've ever had because we had the best record we've ever had."

Read more: Heisley Grizzlies Will Look To Avoid Luxury Tax - RealGM Wiretap

Lewis for Rudy gay str8 up should get it done :shaq:

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
the lakers should think about ray felton for PG. He plays pretty good perimeter D; and the pick and roll with gasol would be nasty. If they trade gasol, d will would be the best choice since they'll have the cap room.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Some notes of the dudes that could be valuable to other squads:
- Hey yo no joke, would you overpay for JJ Hickson? The dude was horrible wit the Kings, but with the Blazers he was straight up ballin' and showing why Danny Ferry said he was untradable in the Amare deal. I really like his upside (No Homo), eventhough we have seen these types of perfomances from him before.
-I wanna see if Philly is gonna be dumb enough to overpay Hawes and they better try to terminate Brand's contract.
-Out of Hibbert, Brook Lopez, and McGee, who do you see going to a new squad?
-Beasley is gonna go to a new squad, I'm surprised the Warriors haven't tryed to make a run at him because they need a 3.
-Damn is Matt Barnes the cheapest dude, he is always on a short one or two year deal.
-Someone should try to get Sam Young because he ain't doin' anything in Philly.
-Who is gonna get Jeff Green? The dude is legit but, he has health concerns.
-The Nets should try to get both KG ang Ray Allen.
-Who would you want, Jamal Crawford or Lou Williams?
-Majo is hot trash, but will get paid too much by a team.
-If I'm the Hornets and if and I think they will get that #1 draft pick, and get unibrow, they better max out Eric Gordon, even if he is injury prone, they should build around Davis & Gordon.
-Goran the DragOn Dragic should be getting paid.
-Kirk Hinrich can still be a good and servicable back up.
-Dre Miller is probably about to bounce from the Nuggets and gonna go somewhere to get paid and start.

Ritzy Sharon

Don't Make Me Pull The Oud Out
Daps
The Nuggets and veteran guard Andre Miller have talked about re-uniting next season. It might not be so if top teams come calling, but as of right now, "Andre Miller told us plain and simple that he wants to come back and play here," Nuggets executive Masai Ujiri said today.

This is good news for all parties. The point guard Miller was a key cog in the Nuggets' offense this season. The veteran Nuggets reserve, who has a home in Denver, is an unrestricted free agent this summer.

"I had a great meeting with Andre Miller," Ujiri said. "With Andre's comments, he wants to be respected as a veteran, which we feel he has to be respected as a veteran. He even said to me that Ty (Lawson) helped him, because the minutes he played, he took care of his body, he didn't play as many minutes. I think Andre's looking forward to being on this team, I think he likes the role. I can't discuss contracts but it's stuff we're going to talk about and figure out."

Miller averaged 9.7 points per game and 6.7 assists for Denver, which lost Game 7 in the first round of the playoffs to the Lakers.

"Do we want Andre back? Yes," Ujiri said. "Collectively, the organization, ownerships, Coach Karl, teammates, we want Andre back, he was great for the team. Andre told me he wants to be in Denver. And all the contract stuff will take care of itself."

Nuggets, Andre Miller express eagerness to re-sign contract - The Denver Post

not-sure-if-want-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-232.gif

Ritzy Sharon

Don't Make Me Pull The Oud Out
Daps
If you can get him a 2 milly deal to be a backup I don't see the problem? I just don't see more then 3 a year on the open market

If Dre was just going to be the backup PG I'd love to bring him back, but the problem is Karl is going to keep playing them together and Lawson w/o the ball in his hands = passive and ineffective.

Ty is poised for a breakout season and bringing Dre back would put a stop to that and continue the communistic "all shots are divided equal" approach that just doesn't work in the playoffs. teams need a hierarchy and defined roles to be successful.

Mr swag

We Out Here
Daps
Reppin
The Well Respected Uptown,Virginia
If Dre was just going to be the backup PG I'd love to bring him back, but the problem is Karl is going to keep playing them together and Lawson w/o the ball in his hands = passive and ineffective.

Ty is poised for a breakout season and bringing Dre back would put a stop to that and continue the communistic "all shots are divided equal" approach that just doesn't work in the playoffs. teams need a hierarchy and defined roles to be successful.

I agree

I didn't know Karl wanted to give Ty serious minutes at SG :lolbron:

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State

That's Ty Lawson's fault not Andre's. He has to assert himself and be consistent enough to warrant that bias. Sometimes Andre would come in and run the offense better than Lawson. That kind of shyt can't happen if you want to be the top dog.

Young

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dragic is getting paid this summer. Wouldn't be surprised to see him end up in Toronto

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
If your are New Orleans do you max out Eric Gordon? The dude is madd talented but injury prone as f**k and glass. Once he came back from injury, the Hornets got hella better and starting beating teams like the Grizz, Utah, and bunch of other good team and were holding there own against superior competition. If they get that #1 draft pick and get Unibrow, they better give Gordon that max contract ASAP.