2012 NBA Free Agent Watch Thread

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
The first shoe to drop in free agency might be Alexey Shved out in Russia for CSKA Moscow. Doogie said OKC, Memphis and Minnesota are gonna be players for him, probably 3 years $10 mil

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You want batum at the sg?

You accepted dwill is a 3?

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
You want batum at the sg?

You accepted dwill is a 3?

SG, SF, there's a vacancy at either spot.

and DWill isn't a SF. I'd shop him aggressively, but realistically they're not gonna wave the white flag on him. He said he's gonna lose weight to play SF. It's on him to show and prove. I hope it works. I really do, because I don't wanna see a trade chip lose more value.

KevJ

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
The Celtics are definitly in on Mayo, Danny been trying to get him for a year and a half. I've heard their name attached to CJ Miles as well. I REALLY like the depth of this free agent class going for the Celtics. Could see them coming out of this offseason very strong, even if they don't get a marquee guy. Two first round draft picks in this draft. (Fabricio Melo and Royce White please!) Think Garnett will be back (although I'm concerned what the price will be after the way he's played) but I'm having doubts we'll see Ray Allen in green after this.

Bayless is an interesting player who could have success as a sixth man scoring combo guard off the bench.

Jordan Hill would be decent bench depth with some upside.

Foye showed some value as well when Billups went down. Ilyasova is gonna be a hot name in this free agent, still young and showed some potential.

If Chris Kaman's price comes down, he could end up being a bargain on a 1 or 2 year deal.

Batum about to get paid, would be shocked to see him walk out of this with less than $60 million.

Alonzo Gee is another hot name, Suns are in on him bigtime.

And lastly, Nick Young is slept on.

:beli:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
The Celtics are definitly in on Mayo, Danny been trying to get him for a year and a half. I've heard their name attached to CJ Miles as well. I REALLY like the depth of this free agent class going for the Celtics. Could see them coming out of this offseason very strong, even if they don't get a marquee guy. Two first round draft picks in this draft. (Fabricio Melo and Royce White please!) Think Garnett will be back (although I'm concerned what the price will be after the way he's played) but I'm having doubts we'll see Ray Allen in green after this.

Bayless is an interesting player who could have success as a sixth man scoring combo guard off the bench.

Jordan Hill would be decent bench depth with some upside.

Foye showed some value as well when Billups went down. Ilyasova is gonna be a hot name in this free agent, still young and showed some potential.

If Chris Kaman's price comes down, he could end up being a bargain on a 1 or 2 year deal.

Batum about to get paid, would be shocked to see him walk out of this with less than $60 million.

Alonzo Gee is another hot name, Suns are in on him bigtime.

And lastly, Nick Young is slept on.

:beli:

They might as well focus their energy on just the front court and just let Bradley start. I'm not too high on Royce White though just cuz I'm not sure if he can be effective when the team's not fully built around him the way it was at Iowa State

KevJ

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
They might as well focus their energy on just the front court and just let Bradley start. I'm not too high on Royce White though just cuz I'm not sure if he can be effective when the team's not fully built around him the way it was at Iowa State

Even if we signed Mayo, I'm not sure I'd start him over Bradley. But Mayo is a good compliment to Rondo and Avery as the third guard in that backcourt.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Our best player right now is on a rookie deal for 3 more years and Pek's got one more year at $4.8 before he gets paid. This is their last chance to add anyone of any significant impact before his deal kicks in and thus not having any more than the MLE to spend. It's not even about the money, it's about this 2 year window they have to make major moves before all those vultures that surround D-Will and Dwight Howard fly up here to surround Kevin Love. They simply can't be cheap. Simply signing a couple of cheap $4 mil players who won't outperform their deals isn't enough.

The point is really this: They have $15 mil to spend. Make it count. Getting one impact guy even overpaid >>>> signing 3 or 4 parts at $4 mil apiece to be just $4 mil role players. They're not just a role player or two away.

After Kevin Love at $14.5 mil, the next highest paid player (assuming we amnesty Darko's deal) would be Pekovic at $4.8 mil, which would only be $30,000 more than what Derrick Williams would be making on the 2nd year of his rookie contract. Cap wise they're in great enough shape to where they can afford to do what every living being has said a team like ours must do to lure people to Basketball Siberia: overpay. If that means grossly overpaying Batum to do it, so be it. It would mean the starting lineup for the next 4-5 years will most likely be Rubio, Batum, Williams (or someone else), Love, and Pekovic etched in stone. It's hard to put a value on what a move like that can do for the team.

Be careful what you wish for. :ehh:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
Be careful what you wish for. :ehh:

I'll wish for it. If they don't spend money, they're not gonna win anything.

Mayo looking for a lil more then the MLE.

To bad his not getting it. Don't see a bidding war for mayo?

Str8 MLE seems fair

Will a straight MLE convince Memphis not to match? That's why these RFA's will get overpaid.