2012 NBA Free Agent Watch Thread

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
How much is the blazer willin to match? I'm sure they have a limit.

They should have some decent room since they traded Wallace & Camby. Felton ($7.5m), Thabeet ($5.12m) :what:, & Crawford ($5m) all leaving.

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
I would love to see sacramento use all that cap space and make some moves in the offseason. If they talking bout swapping Reke they def need to get down with a sign and trade involving Mayo. Id be perfectly fine with them over paying like hell for Batum, cats like that are becoming a rarity in the league.

Small Giant

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Aaron Brooks took Alstons job. Balled in the playoffs. Got hurt and been :flabbynsick: ever since.

Deron Williams aint going back. :dwillhuh:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
How much do you think Nicholas Batum is gonna get paid? I see a bunch of teams trying to overpay him, I know the Spurs are interested, but it would be impossible to get him on there. IDK why, but I see Scottie Pippen in Batum's game

It is damn near blasphemous to compare Batum to Pippen, but if you truly believe that, it wouldn't be possible to overpay him.

If someone gives him more than $8 mil/year, they're overpaying, in my opinion.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
It is damn near blasphemous to compare Batum to Pippen, but if you truly believe that, it wouldn't be possible to overpay him.

I'm down to pay Batum almost twice that per year, and all things considered, it would be money well spent.

Get Mayo or Die Trying. Other than that, the odds of the Wolves actually spending the $12-$15 mil they have available is either gonna be nil or split amongst 4 really mediocre players. They gotta make a move that sends a notice to the league that they're serious about the playoffs again. Eight is enough.

red222

We Ready
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

pippen is the most compared player of the last 10 years if you 6'7" light-skinned with a wingspan and can play some D you get the comparison its sickening

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
pippen is the most compared player of the last 10 years if you 6'7" light-skinned with a wingspan and can play some D you get the comparison its sickening

lol yea thats true, but naw I do some Pip in Batum though, he can shoot, drive, and has a really good all around offensive game, his defense is cool but needs work but I mostly make that comparison I think he is the perfect second option for a squad out in free agency I think, but hopefully he stays with Portland with LMA

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I'm down to pay Batum almost twice that per year, and all things considered, it would be money well spent.

Get Mayo or Die Trying. Other than that, the odds of the Wolves actually spending the $12-$15 mil they have available is either gonna be nil or split amongst 4 really mediocre players. They gotta make a move that sends a notice to the league that they're serious about the playoffs again. Eight is enough.

Adding Batum does not make them a title team, because even if he pans out, he'd be the 4th best player on the Wolves and your 4th best player can't have a max salary.

The money he'd be taking up on the cap is what would cause them to lose Rubio and Pek, right around the time they COULD start contending.

If Minny signs him for around $8 mil though, that's a real nice move.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
Adding Batum does not make them a title team, because even if he pans out, he'd be the 4th best player on the Wolves and your 4th best player can't have a max salary.

Our best player right now is on a rookie deal for 3 more years and Pek's got one more year at $4.8 before he gets paid. This is their last chance to add anyone of any significant impact before his deal kicks in and thus not having any more than the MLE to spend. It's not even about the money, it's about this 2 year window they have to make major moves before all those vultures that surround D-Will and Dwight Howard fly up here to surround Kevin Love. They simply can't be cheap. Simply signing a couple of cheap $4 mil players who won't outperform their deals isn't enough.

The point is really this: They have $15 mil to spend. Make it count. Getting one impact guy even overpaid >>>> signing 3 or 4 parts at $4 mil apiece to be just $4 mil role players. They're not just a role player or two away.

The money he'd be taking up on the cap is what would cause them to lose Rubio and Pek, right around the time they COULD start contending.

If Minny signs him for around $8 mil though, that's a real nice move.

After Kevin Love at $14.5 mil, the next highest paid player (assuming we amnesty Darko's deal) would be Pekovic at $4.8 mil, which would only be $30,000 more than what Derrick Williams would be making on the 2nd year of his rookie contract. Cap wise they're in great enough shape to where they can afford to do what every living being has said a team like ours must do to lure people to Basketball Siberia: overpay. If that means grossly overpaying Batum to do it, so be it. It would mean the starting lineup for the next 4-5 years will most likely be Rubio, Batum, Williams (or someone else), Love, and Pekovic etched in stone. It's hard to put a value on what a move like that can do for the team.