2012 NBA Free Agent Watch Thread

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
How could is the league Paul Davis is playing in Europe?

This gonna be for tremont and dudes that follow euroleague....noticed dude was putting up some nice numbers.

He was playing with Seville, so he was in the ACB. Best league in the world outside of the NBA.

Now he's going to play for BC Khimki for 2 years in the Russian League

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
royhibbert.jpg

Would you consider taking a hometown discount if the situation presented itself with the Pacers if another team made a higher bid? Roy Hibbert: “I am not going to answer that. I can’t answer that right now. My agent would…[Host: He would kill you, wouldn't he?] Yeah. My agent is really good at what he does and he’s going to look out for myself and hopefully a deal gets done.” In your gut and the depth of your heart can you say you would 75% return to the Pacers? Roy Hibbert: “I would love to return to the Pacers. From what my agent is telling me it’s just a matter of them stepping up and getting the deal done. I can’t speak too much about it, but I know as the days are getting closer to July 1st I will be thinking what is best for my family and myself.” This is a big offseason for you. You’re a restricted free agent. I know you’re trying to work out a long term extension with the Pacers. What’s been the approach since the season ended? Roy Hibbert: “It has been weighing on me. First and foremost I do love Indiana. They are a team that has worked with me since I was a rookie. They really worked to develop me, but at the same time I have to do what is best for myself and my family and talk things through with my agent and see what’s best for us.”
12d4a_t300.jpeg

Jason Kidd is more than willing to return to the Dallas Mavericks next season, even if the team will offer him only a one-year contract. The free-agent point guard also mentioned the possibilities of being the backup to Deron Williams with the Brooklyn Nets, to Jeremy Lin with the New York Knicks, and to Derrick Rose with Chicago.
Kidd, promoting a celebrity golf tournament on the call, talked about Lin and the possibility of mentoring him on the Knicks. Before the Knicks consider any potential free agents, they await word on the Bird rights case involving Lin and Steve Novak. A victory for the union would mean the Knicks would not have to use their $5 million mid-level exception to sign Lin or Novak, and put them in the position to add a prominent free agent.
151500320-16181549.jpg

Not a surprise Sessions opted out - he'll likely get more than a 1yr $4 mil contract - so why wouldn't he. Lakers return a real possibility. Sessions would have earned $4.55 million next season but chose to test the market. There’s still a chance that Sessions will return to the Lakers by signing a contract, but there’s no guarantee of it. “Ramon has carefully considered this decision,” said Sessions’ agent, Jared Karnes. “He had to make a career decision and ultimately decided to do what was best in providing stability and longevity for him in the NBA, and this could only be achieved through a multi-year contract.”

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Can the Lakers offer the Lamar trade exception to any free agent? --> as part of a Sign and Trade only.

Don’t be surprised if the Hawks make a run at former Sixth Man of the Year Jamal Crawford, who spent the past season with the Trail Blazers. Ray Allen (Celtics) and Alonzo Gee (Cavs) are also said to be on their radar.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
mo_williams270x224.jpg

Los Angeles Clippers point guard Mo Williams has said he does not plan to opt out of the final year of his contract, which will pay him $8.5 million next season. However the situation isn't as simple as that. Williams' agent Mark Bartelstein told ESPNLosAngeles.com Wednesday night that he and the Clippers are trying to "find a solution" to the situation. Namely, Williams is a former All-Star point guard who spent most of last season playing out of position at shooting guard and coming off the bench following the trade for Chris Paul and the acquisition of Chauncey Billups. "Mo's a professional and I think he showed that last season," Bartelstein said. "He had a great year under difficult circumstances. That said, he's a starting point guard. He's an All-Star starting point guard. So we'll look at everything and see what makes sense."
Dragic2.jpg

Assuming that is not Houston, a source told Sporting News, Dragic could wind up in a familiar surrounding anyway—back in Phoenix. Should the Suns lose Nash in free agency, Phoenix is expected to make a push to re-sign Dragic and give him the reins in coach Alvin Gentry’s offense. That would suit Dragic. “I learned a lot in Phoenix, I had a very good time there,” he said. “I don’t know what is going to happen, but that is an organization I know, obviously, and they helped me a lot.”
kevin-garnett-jose-calderon.jpg

Jose Calderon: My plan is to keep playing in the NBA and sign another contract. It will be a tough season and the stakes are high. If nothing happens I will be a free agent in 2013 and we will see our options. For my family and my career I think the best for me is to sign a multi-year contract.
act_cj_watson.jpg

Now, the Bulls have a decision to make. The final year of Watson’s contract is a team option and Chicago has yet to indicate whether or not they’re going to retain the point guard for $3.2 million. Watson says he hasn’t heard one way or another from the organization, but he’s optimistic that he’ll return. “I expect to come back,” Watson said. “They have until July 10 so I’m just waiting to hear from them and see what happens. I want to be back. I love the team, I love the city, I love my teammates and I love my coaches. I think it’s a good fit.”
Samuel_Dalembert_Rockets_2012_4.jpg

The Houston Rockets have a decision looming over center Samuel Dalembert, who averaged seven points, seven rebounds and nearly two blocks a game in his first year with the team. Dalembert is owed $6.7 million next season, but it’s only partially guaranteed. He can be waived before July 8th for only $1.5 million. “No,” Dalembert said in an exclusive interview with HOOPSWORLD when asked if the Rockets have given him any indication what they might do. “They have so much to figure out this summer for themselves. I’m just going out there and making sure I get myself ready whether they keep me or not. I Just have to stay ready. “I like it in Houston. It’s a very nice city. The people are very hospitable. The people are really good here, nice. It’s a good organization. I enjoy myself with the guys. We had good times, fun times.”

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I know. And who was hurt that made him an all-star had to be 3-4 pg's

Both Bosh and Jameer Nelson were hurt, so Stern chose him, and plus since the Bron and his Cav's were the number 1 team in the league if I remember correctly, they added him. But, he did have a good year, but all star? hell nah

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
we should figure out how to make predicting free agents turn into Coli Cash.

Let's take the top 30-40 best free agents or something and have everyone predict a team where that player signs. It can be weighted, like confidence points. If you get it right, you earn points. The poster who gets the highest score gets x amount in Coli Cash.

Carter G. Hoodson

Tarik is my name ✊✊✊
Daps
Reppin
East Orange, NJ
we should figure out how to make predicting free agents turn into Coli Cash.

Let's take the top 30-40 best free agents or something and have everyone predict a team where that player signs. It can be weighted, like confidence points. If you get it right, you earn points. The poster who gets the highest score gets x amount in Coli Cash.

I'm down for that