2012 NBA Free Agent Watch Thread

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
if i am the bulls i ship noah ass out, with the swiftness.

for reke and get perry jones with that five pick.

i don't expect many to agree but that is what i would do in a heartbeat.

art barr

not for no damn Perry Jones, but Bulls would definitely have to consider that if it was close to offered

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Can't believe the Bucks are complaining about needing a center and a big guard.

They have centers. They just have a bunch of PF/C that don't really distinguish themselves from each other.

They also need a SF, but SG is interesting, especially if they can't keep Ellis, because if they can't, then that becomes a HUGE hole.

Arrogance.

King Novak of Melbourne, the First of His Name
Daps
Reppin
TSC/LToMD
Last time the Mavs hoped to make a big splash in free agency we ended up settling on a backup plan and won a title as an indirect result. (trading Ericka Dampier's void able contract for Tyson Chandler)

Dwight Howard ain't walking through that locker room door.
Starting to look like Deron Williams won't be, either.

Who the fukk are we pairing with Dirk now? I'd like to have faith but management fukked up by not rolling the dice on a second run and we're going to squander Dirk's last few years.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
They have centers. They just have a bunch of PF/C that don't really distinguish themselves from each other.

They also need a SF, but SG is interesting, especially if they can't keep Ellis, because if they can't, then that becomes a HUGE hole.
No way will Monta stay. Dat nikka ain't staying in boring ass Milwuakee. What center do they have?

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
Last time the Mavs hoped to make a big splash in free agency we ended up settling on a backup plan and won a title as an indirect result. (trading Ericka Dampier's void able contract for Tyson Chandler)

Who the fukk are we pairing with Dirk now? I'd like to have faith but management fukked up by not rolling the dice on a second run and we're going to squander Dirk's last few years.

Why not? I don't see Deron resigning with the Nets unless they pull off some miracles.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Sooooooooo.... what's the problem again? :usure:

when wes matthews came from the dleague to utah, to portland.

then put up better numbers, double what batum did pretty much is the problem.

minnie needs a two or wing who will not need to be benched.

like batum, jones, rush, thabo, are,...in favor of a sg with more scoring punch.

why pay batum for what a good late second rounder darkhorse type player could give you for cheaper. i also read what you said about paying before a certain timeline takes place and i agree. yet, batum is the same ol same ol sometime type piece you already have on roaster.

why over spend for a reserve who starts but is always benched because a reserve is actually better.

imo,...set your sights on lee who is a proven, since his rook year.

plus can always pay off when jerked for minutes.

if the other guys in minnie, on roster ramp up over the summer.

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
not for no damn Perry Jones, but Bulls would definitely have to consider that if it was close to offered

perry jones if given an oppurtunity to have the rock is an incredible dirk type.
who also learned a post and inside game his past year in college for the pro's.

imo,..that is the next durant/dirk type player.

plus he can play inside/outside seamlessly. under thibbs.

bulls are killer and look like:

reke
rip
deng
jones
boozer

they still compete and under control in thibbs system.

art barr

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
when wes matthews came from the dleague to utah, to portland.

then put up better numbers, double what batum did pretty much is the problem.

minnie needs a two or wing who will not need to be benched.

like batum, jones, rush, thabo, are,...in favor of a sg with more scoring punch.

why pay batum for what a good late second rounder darkhorse type player could give you for cheaper. i also read what you said about paying before a certain timeline takes place and i agree. yet, batum is the same ol same ol sometime type piece you already have on roaster.

why over spend for a reserve who starts but is always benched because a reserve is actually better.

imo,...set your sights on lee who is a proven, since his rook year.

plus can always pay off when jerked for minutes.

if the other guys in minnie, on roster ramp up over the summer.

art barr

Well Batum would be in luck, because there isn't a guard or SF on this team that would be good enough to relegate him to the bench.

Courtney Lee's an option, just not an overly great one. And as far as being jerked for minutes, he averaged 30 mpg this season and averaged 11.4 ppg. He can shoot, but if he gets signed, they gotta get an upgrade at SF.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali

I heard that Cuban will try a last ditch effort to sign Roy Hibbert, potentially to a max deal if D-Will doesn't go to the Mav's. Also, Gerald Wallace is a potential player they might try to get too since he opted out in New Jersey. Also, it seems like Kendall Marshall is going to be the guy the Mav's are gonna draft in the 1st round. And they are gonna try hard to amnesty Haywood as well. So that's what "my sources" are saying lol

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Louis Williams from 76ers officially opted out

I think there will be a bunch of teams that will try overppaying Lou. He is good and is a really skilled offensive player, but the dude's defense sucks so much lol the dude can only be good as a 6th man type of player, but a team will try to overpay him I think. the dude is a terrible chucker, i still don't get how Collins allowed him to have the freest reign to chuck and shoot at anytime had me like :what:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

i never undestood why dallas never retained chandler.

as he was the core addition and defensive piece that lead them to the title.

i don't see another cheap center coming their way. who can shore up the middle like chandler did. why they did not retain him makes no sense.

especislly since they lost in o6,..because they could not protect the paint.

art barr

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
IT is good, but that dude cannot guard bigger PGs, I see him as a Jason Terry 6th man type. Thorton's cool I guess, but he don't play defense well, he could come off the bench as a Harden type player if he accepts that role. Reke been keen fukked around with all these position changes, Smart talk out the side of his mouth all the damn time.

Smart says he wants to run an offense like the Spurs, but then turns around and says the players can't run set plays the next minute so that's why they run up tempo, then teach they ass some set plays to run to dumb fukk. You the fukkin' coach, that's ya damn job bytch. :snoop: :childplease: :damn:

Reke was actually doin' a pretty good job when Smart got there at first, assist numbers were up and and turnovers were down. He could of grew some more at point if he would of let him stay at point.

I heard that Bulls rumor, supposedly now the Bulls could get the 5 and Evans for Noah. If that trade was to go down, fukk the Maloofs after that. Noah's a good defender and rebounder, but that's too much to give up for him, I could see the five for him, that's it.

If the Bulls were to get both the 5 and Evans, they would a nice ass core that could go for titles and be young as hell still.

yea Thomas becomes a liability on defense a lot, but with the right players and a good defense, they can hid that. but, yea I see him as a Jason Terry type player, more-so Bobby Jackson 6th man type of player lol Thornton is a solid and really good shooter and idk I think he can be a starter, but I still didn't get why they moved Evans to the 3. I know he is lanky and a large wing span, but the dude needs the ball in his hands to be effective, it was sorta same as Evan Turner in Philly type situation. His stats were still fine and cool, its just that the Kings needs some really good veterans that can ball. the team is still hella young and stubborn as hell though. Big Cuhz has so much talent, its ridiciolous. like this dude imo is like a top 5ish center in the game already. He is talented, he justs needs direction and a vet, and I think him and the Kings can do some really good things. And that Bulls rumor, it seems like the Kings would give up a lot, but if they get both Deng and Noah, or Deng and Gibson, or any of those 3 combos I would do it ASAP if I was the Kings

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I think there will be a bunch of teams that will try overppaying Lou. He is good and is a really skilled offensive player, but the dude's defense sucks so much lol the dude can only be good as a 6th man type of player, but a team will try to overpay him I think. the dude is a terrible chucker, i still don't get how Collins allowed him to have the freest reign to chuck and shoot at anytime had me like :what:

doug collins is one of the worst coaches,..ever.
i would not try to make sense of anything he does.

dude should go back to being an analyst.

i will say at least he finally won a game six....

other than that,..collins sucks....

art barr