2012 NBA Free Agent Watch Thread

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
we should figure out how to make predicting free agents turn into Coli Cash.

Let's take the top 30-40 best free agents or something and have everyone predict a team where that player signs. It can be weighted, like confidence points. If you get it right, you earn points. The poster who gets the highest score gets x amount in Coli Cash.

that's a dope idea

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
Phoenix Suns guard Steve Nash has a shortlist of three teams, one of which is Toronto, sources have told Sportsnet 590 The Fan's Eric Smith. "I heard from national-media types from around the U.S., and at least one prominent agent as well, that believe that Steve Nash has a shortlist," Smith said. "From what I have heard from these people, and they could be wrong, but these are coming from some pretty legitimate sources, it is a three-team race for Steve Nash in free agency: Portland, Phoenix and Toronto," Smith explained.

:ohhh:

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Nash with LMA! :ohmy: From what I have heard, LMA has been trying to recruit Nash to come to the Blazers and you add in Batum and Mathews! And he might actually turn JJ Hickson into Amare himself. That squad is scoring 110+ points a game easily. Nash might fukk around and make Hasheem Thabeet actually play up to the number 3 draft pick level of basketball and Johnny Flynn and turn both busts into NBA caliber players. I hope Nash does go to the Blazers, but the curse might still be active, but Nash might turn there fortunes around there too.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Nash with LMA! :ohmy: From what I have heard, LMA has been trying to recruit Nash to come to the Blazers and you add in Batum and Mathews! And he might actually turn JJ Hickson into Amare himself. That squad is scoring 110+ points a game easily. Nash might fukk around and make Hasheem Thabeet actually play up to the number 3 draft pick level of basketball and Johnny Flynn and turn both busts into NBA caliber players. I hope Nash does go to the Blazers, but the curse might still be active, but Nash might turn there fortunes around there too.

Nash is a PG, not a miracle worker.

Sam Peel

Banned
Daps
Reppin
South London
image.png

BStapies

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Since mike miller will most likely retire, i see Steve Nash or ray Allen going to the heat

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Since mike miller will most likely retire, i see Steve Nash or ray Allen going to the heat

We don't want Nash he hogs the ball too much and doesn't play defense. I just hope Riley signs some young players and not these old vets who break down during the Season missing tons of games. They can't play Lebron 42 minutes plus for an full 82 game season and expect to repeat especially if he's going to play in the post from now on.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Steve Nash, Chris Kaman, Grant Hill, Andre Miller, Ray Allen and Jermaine O’Neal are among the players who Miami could target with their mini mid-level exception, according to sources close to the situation. Those players can likely make more money elsewhere, but may be willing to take less to join the HEAT.
medium_brandon-roy-all-star.jpg

If Brandon Roy is healthy, he could be a significant contributor off of the bench. The HEAT can be patient with Roy, working with him throughout the season just as they did with Eddy Curry this year. Sources close to Roy believe he wants to sign with a contender.
Phoenix+Suns+v+San+Antonio+Spurs+Game+3+cj3wlmsG_NMl.jpg

Goran Dragic doesn't hide his sympathies for the Rockets, but says that he wants to be in the starting lineup no matter what. "I feel like I have proven that I can be a starter."
lewis-e1340227131399.jpg

By buying out Rashard Lewis’ contract, New Orleans will save $8.3 million. At some point in the next week, the Hornets are expected to waive Lewis, which will make him an unrestricted free agent. The 32-year-old is currently training at Impact Basketball in Las Vegas, and sources say he’ll likely sign with a contender once he becomes available. After spending two seasons with the Washington Wizards, Lewis wants to join a winning team so that he can compete for a championship.
AndrayBlatcheWizards1.jpg

Andray Blatche’s untradeable long-term guarantee figures to be amnestied before next season, whereas the final year of Lewis’ contract will be bought out by the Hornets for $13.7 million — unless commissioner David Stern rules otherwise.
7db1901ec1bb8f3416292f31202fe23e.jpg

Rudy Fernandez: "I'm lucky that I can choose between returning to Real Madrid or playing in the United States. I'm under contract with Denver, but it wouldn't be a step back if I play in Europe."