2012 NBA Free Agent Watch Thread

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Warriors will keep Rush

Brandon Rush is set to become a restricted free agent on July 1 and Warriors general manager Bob Myers says he plans on re-signing the swingman.

"We're going to keep him," Myers tells the San Francisco Chronicle.

Rush had a solid season scoring off the bench for the Warriors and he'll have that role in the future.

According to the newspaper, the Warriors have already given Rush the $4.4 million qualifying offer, which allows them to match any offer sheet he may sign with another team. Rush will be unrestricted free agent in 2013 if he just signs the qualifying offer.

Brock Landers

AKA Tyler Hands-thorough
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Torrance, CA
I have a feeling that under the right program Dragic can take an even bigger step this year as a player, dude has the ability to make an ASG (as a reserve :pachaha:) but he can really facilitate a team as well as score. He's going to get a lot of offers but needs to make the right choice in terms of which playing for someone that can maximise his skillset.

That's my Dragon :to:

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
We don't want Nash he hogs the ball too much and doesn't play defense. I just hope Riley signs some young players and not these old vets who break down during the Season missing tons of games. They can't play Lebron 42 minutes plus for an full 82 game season and expect to repeat especially if he's going to play in the post from now on.
Bron plays near career low minutes here

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
I'm just truly realizing how much of a fukking idiot Dwight Howard really is. Him and D Will would been an automatic fukking lock this summer for The Nets. I just...can't

:wow:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm just truly realizing how much of a fukking idiot Dwight Howard really is. Him and D Will would been an automatic fukking lock this summer for The Nets. I just...can't

:wow:

Maybe Howard was nervous about his back or dwill said he might go to Dallas

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Kobe+Bryant+Deron+Williams+Los+Angeles+Lakers+ARmHlGm9oGCl.jpg

When NBA free agency begins at midnight July 1, Brooklyn Nets star guard Deron Williams will be choosing from a two-team list that only features the Nets and the Dallas Mavericks, according to sources close to the situation. Other teams, including the Phoenix Suns and Houston Rockets, had been hoping to lodge their own bids for Williams once free agency begins, sources said. The Los Angeles Lakers, likewise have continued to express interest in a sign-and-trade package built around Pau Gasol for Williams, sources say, despite the Nets' longstanding insistence that they have no interest in Gasol and would only consider such a move if they were getting back All-Star center Andrew Bynum, whom the Lakers have not made available.
brandon_jennings_milwaukee_bucks.jpg

Brandon Jennings not only is receptive to a contract extension with the Milwaukee Bucks, he is also more than willing to become the face of the franchise. Jennings, the Bucks’ starting point guard since his rookie season three years ago, is eligible for a contract extension July 1. If he chose to reject an extension offer from the Bucks, Jennings would become a restricted free agent after next season and an unrestricted free agent the following season. Asked if he wants to sign an extension with the Bucks, Jennings said, “If everything is right, why not? If my agent (Bill Duffy) comes back and says this is what we should do, I’m going to do it.”
raymond-felton-021812jpg-126272d4bb8f36bc.jpg

There are point guards the Suns could pursue in free agency too, like one who has struck their interest (Portland outcast Raymond Felton) and one they traded to Houston (Goran Dragic). There is a huge unrestricted free-agent catch in Deron Williams, the All-Star who turns 28 on Tuesday. Insiders believe he is more likely to sign with his hometown Dallas Mavericks or remain with the Nets, who are moving to Brooklyn.
image.JPG

According to a league official, Stern’s plan to appeal the union’s victory in the Jeremy Lin/Steve Novak Bird rights war may carry over into the July 1 start of free agency. That would delay the Knicks’ ability to negotiate for any free agent and create a public-relations nightmare for Stern, whose office is in midtown

Daps
If Deron goes to the Mavs there prob gonna wint he chip again. I'm hoping the Knicks can get Kidd. He's the perfect mentor to Lin and will teach him how to cut down on his turnovers, read defensed better, run plays more efficiently, etc. But I doubt that will happen since Kidd ALWAYS does this when he's a free agent. The NBA will pull their appeal back knowing that it will go into July 1 because the hearing took 3 damn weeks.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
nba%20hibbertx-large.jpg

Several league execs believe Indiana and Brooklyn will match any offers for Roy Hibbert/Brook Lopez.

610x-37.jpg

JR Smith will decline Knicks option but intends to re-sign for longer term w/NY, source says. J.R. Smith will decline his Knicks contract option on Tuesday, but he still hopes to return to the team on a long-term deal, according to a person familiar with the contract negotiations. Declining the option would make Smith an unrestricted free agent on July 1. Rival teams could offer a much higher starting salary, either with cap room or by using the mid-level exception, which starts at $5 million.

141815752_crop_650x440.jpg

The Portland Trail Blazers are actively shopping Jamal Crawford. If they don’t find a deal for Crawford by draft night, they will lose him for nothing because he will opt-out and become an unrestricted free agent on June 29.

farmar_ts_120307.jpg

Jordan Farmar says he still hasn't made a decision on his one-year player option

memphis_grizzlies1.jpg

Grizzlies holding free agent camp today - 15 guys including Adam Morrison, Kalin Lucas, Scotty Hopson, Casey Mitchell, LaDarius Dunn.