$2 Billion Powerball winner, Edwin Castro, spotted in public for the first time

qwasi

Rhinestone Cowboy
Daps
With that amount of $, invested properly the interest on 1 billion alone would be enough to buy him one of those estates every year. If he literally tucks $1 billion away at 2% or higher he’s getting 20mil+ per year without lifting a finger or using any brain power.

As long as he puts like 250-500mil away at a decent rate his family will be eating for generations.

His bloodline literally won.

Yeah, No.

Officials said Castro chose the lump sum payment rather than the annuity option, which would have given him his winnings over 30 annual payments.

By choosing the lump sum, Castro received $997.6 million, but that's before taxes. USA TODAY estimated the winner of the jackpot would probably be left with $628.5 million after taxes, assuming no other deductions

The state of California property Tax rate is approximately ~1.25% of your property's assessed value. There is a base 1% Ad Valorem Tax and then an additional 0.1% to . 025% in miscellaneous fees depending on your municipality.

Assessed value isnt static, its reevaluated on an annual basis. He has 3 homes at 25.5 million, 4 milllion and 87.77 million. All within LA in high end communities. Land is an appreciating asset, over time property values rise. Tax alone is 1.5 million, not counting maintance fees which is ~3%. As it stands he is 120 million down on houses ( in one calendar year ). From his spending pattern alone, I doubt the validity of his investment choices/advise. For the price of 3 mansions he could have bought 30 properties. Out of that 600 million, he's down to 508. This from massive purchases were aware of and not lifestyle creep = cars, clothes, food & entertainment = trips, drugs.

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Couldn’t be me tho.

Buying those homes, to me, sounds like “yeah you could. But did you ever think whether or not you SHOULD?”

Good luck to him.

What if he starting his home profolio and feels the market will go on his favor? He can just rent them out until needed.

Like the Rick Ross hustle

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Same here fam
I’d be in Kenya, Botswana,
Zimbabwe, Colombia, etc

Middle class to high class neighborhoods
in Colombia is cheap
My cousin paying $300 USD in Colombia
for a Condo :banderas:

On top of fine African women and
Afro Latinas
:wow:

What happens when the Colombian king pins try to extort you when you get there?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
There are rules to this. The human mind has trouble scaling up that much that fast, and by far most people would be unprepared mentally for the necessary changes in lifestyle approach if they got that lucky.

People literally win the lottery every day between state lotteries, non jackpot millions and the jackpots..

You can't use these cases to say it's a bad thing.. Pack up your shyt and move immediately and take who you gotta take with you.

Motherfukkers wouldn't even know I existed after day one

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
No way in hell would I let anyone know I won that amount of money. I'd go sign the papers like that person who wore the Ghostface mask.

maxresdefault.jpg

dc0c362f-d68f-4343-a0c0-729b3e667a1e.jpg

Whoever that was, did it the right way. The only satisfaction that I would get out of telling anyone is being able to see so many long-lost friends come back into my life so I could promptly tell them to go to hell and shut the door in their face. :blessed: