$2 Billion Powerball winner, Edwin Castro, spotted in public for the first time

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
I don't know the man's investment portfolio, but the fact that he's making these very public purchases points in the direction of him not being fiscally savvy.

Off rip, if he won "2 billion*, the cash value was half (1 billion), and the Fed (~37%) and The State of California (~10%) are taking around half of that again. The two billion nominal value becomes something like 550 million if he takes it up front. That's how the lotto works. Not like he got 2 billion sitting in a checking account at Wells Fargo.

In his first year, he's already spent 10-12% on housing, on three mansions, in the most expensive part of the country, with probably the highest property tax, on top of the staff needed to run places like that.

It doesn't sound like he's put that money in some municipal bond fund with a ladder style income stream.

He rolling with one security guard in an old Porsche, convertible if I recall. That's how JFK got shot B...

Maybe this story ends well, but it's not starting off great imo.

Daps
I don't know the man's investment portfolio, but the fact that he's making these very public purchases points in the direction of him not being fiscally savvy.

Off rip, if he won "2 billion*, the cash value was half (1 billion), and the Fed (~37%) and The State of California (~10%) are taking around half of that again. The two billion nominal value becomes something like 550 million if he takes it up front. That's how the lotto works. Not like he got 2 billion sitting in a checking account at Wells Fargo.

In his first year, he's already spent 10-12% on housing, on three mansions, in the most expensive part of the country, with probably the highest property tax, on top of the staff needed to run places like that.

It doesn't sound like he's put that money in some municipal bond fund with a ladder style income stream.

He rolling with one security guard in an old Porsche, convertible if I recall. That's how JFK got shot B...

Yup.

Being in SoCal helps because there's so many other rich/famous people that he wouldn't stand out.

But.....those folks probably got legit security detail and know how to avoid shyt.

This dude should have started with ONE nice crib that's big but not ridiculous. Buy a nice SUV, nice sports car (Corvette level at first) and maybe a sedan like a Lexus or Benz. Just travel for a bit and chill.

s@n

All Star
Daps
1-2 doorman apartments (owned) in a large city/one west coast, one east

1 discreet country residence with multiple out buildings for recreational activities, close to fresh water

Several durable low tech vehicles (most likely restored Toyota FJ/Landcruisers)

That's it for me. Everything else invested and set aside for my daughters.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I hate that rule, I remember it was some dude who collected his winnings wearing a mask.

But I was moreso talking about Paparazzi and these blog sites putting people front and center like posting his new houses and old houses. Thats like giving nefarious muthafukkas a blueprint who might want to do him harm.

Again i’m glad he’s got security though. I’ve always said if I ever won the lottery and it was more than 250K i’m going SUPER GHOST from any and everybody. My mama would be taken of and my siblings would each get a one time and one time ONLY check and after that finding me would be like finding Waldo because i’m disappearing to Ghana and finding a woman who looks like THIS

fukk that, the level of debauchery I'd be involved in would be legendary :ohlawd:

I'm peeing and shytting on all your favorite instagram models :ahh:

Except for the black ones :mjpls:

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
No way in hell would I let anyone know I won that amount of money. I'd go sign the papers like that person who wore the Ghostface mask.

maxresdefault.jpg

dc0c362f-d68f-4343-a0c0-729b3e667a1e.jpg

Whoever that was, did it the right way. The only satisfaction that I would get out of telling anyone is being able to see so many long-lost friends come back into my life so I could promptly tell them to go to hell and shut the door in their face. :blessed:
He’s in a state where he could do that. In most states it’s legally required to have the winner do a public press conference or at least reveal the identity

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
He’s in a state where he could do that. In most states it’s legally required to have the winner do a public press conference or at least reveal the identity
Somewhat true, but theres loopholes around that.

In alot of states , you can open a LLC , and cash your winnings under your LLC name instead of your own, and the media would be required to use the LLc's name as the winner instead of yours

If you ever see duckco won the lottery, i made it!!

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby

Compound interest :wow:

Real shyt though, Jeff Bezos's ex-wife said blowing that kind of money when you have compound interest is basically impossible.

Even if he only put 10% away into compound interest dude would be straight.

Miss Bezo literally been giving hundreds of mIllions away and still got more money then when she started :russ:

Daps

this is alot of energy for one guy...

King Poetic

R.I.P. GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Congrats on winning and i wish i was in his shoes..

But buying a 47 million dollar home, a 25 million dollar home and a 4 million dollar home is ridiculous. All within 50 miles of each other :francis:…..

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
Congrats on winning and i wish i was in his shoes..

But buying a 47 million dollar home, a 25 million dollar home and a 4 million dollar home is ridiculous. All within 50 miles of each other :francis:…..
That’s not even 100 mil total.He has about 500 -600 mil + to spare he’ll be aiight :pachaha: dude filthy rich he can do that