17 Year Anniversary of 9/11

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Wasn't just a massacre. It was an attack on america. And it warranted our longest war. Lol. Many lives from all Creeds we're lost.

First of all, don't ever quote me white boy. Can you even tell me when Pearl Harbor happened? Yeah bet you have to google that shyt.

And it warranted our longest war. Lol.

Is this something you are proud of?

:camby:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who gives a shyt about 9/11?

I was thinking the other day if we were to have remembrance of every massacre in America, every single day on the calendar would be so sort of Remembrance day, from the slaughtering of Native Americans, to the mass lynching of black folk and the random acts of gun violence in this country.
That was "The Falling Man" who was a hard-working brotha from Mount Vernon. He worked in the Windows On The World restaurant on the top of the building.

RIP Jonathan Briley and all that lost their lives on that tragic day.

jonathan.jpg

Maude

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Midwest
Never forget that day. I was in the 4th grade living with my grandmother. She had the news on and they kept replaying the towers falling. I didnt even understand what was happening.
I thought it was something cool they were showing:snoop:

I get to school and all my teachers breaking down crying and still didn't understand why:dwillhuh:

Our school elementary gathered in the gym and they tried to explain what was happening to us and said prayers :mjcry:

Rip the victims:mjcry:

Daps
First of all, don't ever quote me white boy. Can you even tell me when Pearl Harbor happened? Yeah bet you have to google that shyt.

And it warranted our longest war. Lol.

Is this something you are proud of?

:camby:
I'm sure u thought calling me white was clever. But as a AADDDOS or whatever "code" you fake nikkas are going by today. Fake ass fuller wannbes. I'm from rural PA. And old enough to remember. Clearly and the day of infamy was like December sumn 1942.

@BmoreGorilla u know it's a cac troll if I gotta tag u, dude

The war on Iraq and Afghanistan is the longest US war u dumb fakkit. Even Barack sent 40k men there. Hence ISIS. you know what, nevermind... Ya clearly don't know ya shyt, player. so play..

Daps
I was a senior in high school. Our social studies teacher said we were under attack (great way to keep everyone level headed dikkhead)

nikkax was talking about they were going to loot on Pitkin that night lol From my recollection all the radio stations were broadcasting on some AM shyt for a while...on some military frequency type shyt. The only channels that didn’t have news coverage was like USA & Cartoon Network so unless you wanted to watch Wings or Johnny Bravo you were added out.

I’ll say this...9/11 and the following months was quite possibly the ONLY TIME IN THE HISTORY OF AMERICA where it wasn’t a crime to be black. Crackers didn’t care...if anything they were embraced black people because they had a new enemy to worry about in their minds. Anybody brown with a beard had to tread lightly in a major way at that point

Jay & Fab came out too lol

Azul

Sunkissed.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Comfort Zone
I was first year college, think it was my second week. I remember I had early class at 8am, but was lazy so chilled then feel asleep on the couch.

Woke up groggy around 850-900, the tv was on NBC.
That was me. Just started freshman year in college. I was knocked out in my dorm room when my friend banged on my door. Saw the towers fall with the :damn: face. Just kept screaming "Oh my God" shyt was :merchant:
DmzV5MaX4AApk2N.jpg

fukking ell.......

Such a disturbing, haunting, and yet...beautiful shot. It's like he is floating in the sky...a serene moment in time when the reality is chaos and terror. I can't imagine making such a decision. To think, this was the "easy" way out.

My brother was in the North Tower about 15 mins before it was hit. He wanted to hurry up and finish his deliveries to go buy The Blueprint so he went in early. He would have still been in there if it weren't for that. Jay possibly saved my brother's life :wow:

We were in a panic all day but he finally came home at around 8pm. He said it was much worse than anyone could imagine. The destroyed remains of the ppl that jumped alone. He already hauled ass by the time they fell but he said it felt like the world was ending.

Went down to the area almost two months later and it STILL smelled like dust.

No Hook

Lucky Me
Daps
Reppin
Philly
I was in 7th grade in my social studies class. A lil nikka couldn't really digest what was going on but, I remember my teacher turning on the TV in the classroom and seeing those buildings on fire and him saying this day will go down in american history as one of the greatest tragedies

Til this day it still amazes me how those hijackers pulled that shyt off the way they did. Everything went according to plan except that plane that crashed in a field in PA, which had me shook cause my middle school was in Philly

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I was first year college, think it was my second week. I remember I had early class at 8am, but was lazy so chilled then feel asleep on the couch.

Woke up groggy around 850-900, the tv was on NBC. I remember thinking, "ain't it kinda early to be playing this type of movie? :patrice:

Then I realized what was happening :merchant:

Sat there glued, until like lunch time, didn't move. Called to check up on some peeps that were working or in school in downtown Toronto (Toronto was on alert as well).

fukked up shyt

How old r u breh