17 Year Anniversary of 9/11

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
I'm tired of the disrespect towards the victims and their families.

Idiots that say dumb shyt like "that was CGI." or "those weren't commercial planes"

Now, it being an inside job, that's a different story. I won't argue for or against that stance.

I still can't fathom being part of ANY of that tragedy. Passengers, hijackers, people in the towers(still heartbreaking seeing ppl jump from the buildings), 1st responders, operators having to keep ppl calm, even though they know they're gonna die

RIP to all victims

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot
DmzV5MaX4AApk2N.jpg

fukking ell.......

That was "The Falling Man" who was a hard-working brotha from Mount Vernon. He worked in the Windows On The World restaurant on the top of the building.

RIP Jonathan Briley and all that lost their lives on that tragic day.

jonathan.jpg

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
Hope them Arab do something today. I want a few days off.

number21

Strive for rulership not equality, black man.
Daps
Reppin
North Miami
I really don't remember the day. I was like 5 when it happened. I just can't wait for the day when the demons who bring/cause death and destruction like that gets taken down.

Last edited:

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
I think about the people trapped above where the planes hit, the people trapped who made their way to roof to get on a helicopter that didn't come, and the people in the basement trying to catch a train home but got trapped

I also hate how the names of certain people that died are put above others that died that day and others are ridiculed like the black woman who was know as the dust lady she passed away from cancer a few years ago

Back to things I wish I didn't know those loud sounds werent coming from car alarms those sounds were coming from dead firefighters because they have a sensor that activates when they stop moving

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Inappropriate Behavior
Fukk em all, specifically the cops, glad they got smashed into pancakes and drowned in shyt.....

Fukk em all!!!!!

Daps
I want everyone to remember that the first reply in this thread ...about a building in new York.. was from a pigeon. That's legit hilarious. Nothing about the situation is funny. But the fact that the first post is from Pigeon... :russ:
I was in the 4th grade living in NYC on 9/11.. my mom picked me up early. I didn't see the actual towers that day but I saw the big cloud of black smoke all the way from Flatbush Brooklyn. 9/11 was fascinating to me in the months after. I remember riding down the BQE a few weeks after and STILL seeing smoke puffing out of Lower Manhattan...

Even as an adult, I STILL can't believe that some terrorists crashed planes into the tallest buildings in Manhattan, causing a massive explosion and fire and eventually causing the buildings to collapse, have people running though Manhattan in horror and have a portion of Manhattan looking like a wasteland... that's the type of stuff you only see in movies, but this actually happened in IRL :mindblown:

I'm glad I got see the twin towers up close during the summer of 2001, I'll never forget being in the plaza and looking up at the two towers, I also got go inside 7 WTC which is now a legendary building in American History due to all the conspiracy theories it spawned.

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
I was 3 years old and in preschool. My memory is super blurry but I can remember a sense of panic throughout the day.

BlackPrint

The Mayor
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Think I was in Third.. They asked people to come down to the school to get they kids.
You know Black parents don't like that.

Anyway, I didn't really understand, to me it was like "a guy accidentally flew into one of the buildings in the city", so I didn't really care.
I remember we hopped in the car to go home and Jay Z was on the radio (he dropped Blueprint that day as we all know now) and my mother turned it off and said something like "we should be praying for the souls in Manhattan" and I still didn't get it lol.

I don't think I really understood that it was a terrorist attack until like 9/14 or something. I remember I was playing mad videogames and shyt at home looking at smoke billowing across the Hudson River.

tenor.gif

When it happened, mad white people tried to walk out of Manhattan on the Brooklyn Bridge and I remember thinking "I wanna go walk with them that looks like mad fun"

That + growing up to be a Black militant, to this day I really am totally indifferent to 9/11... To me it's like the Titanic or the Fall of Jerusalem, something in the abstract.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
10th grade, BX, computer class. fukkin around on Netscape. Internet goes down. Phones supposedly were fukking up. Teachers didn’t know how to say it to us so when they explained it initially they made it seem like the plane cracked the building and fell. We’re all thinking damn that plane got fukked up. We didn’t think about the buildings

Then another teacher told us it was worse and if y’all had family that they’d let you try to get in touch with them. We didn’t get concerned til they said “no trains, no buses, Manhattan is shut down.” A lot of kids at school came from Wash Heights or Harlem so they were in some shyt. My brother worked at the North Tower but his alarm clock didn’t go off. I didn’t know that til I got home.

They let us out early and said good luck getting home. Me and a friend were like “let’s go to the Wiz and get the Hov and Fab albums.” We got on the last Bx1 running through Grand Concourse and a classmate was like “sucks what happened but we ain’t got school tomorrow :blessed:

We get out at Fordham, bought the last 2 copies of both as they were closing. My friend walked back to Tremont. I hear home and the traffic to Manhattan was blocked. No movement. I finally enter my house and that’s when I saw the footage.

To this day, every 9/11 I play the Blueprint and Ghetto Fabolous

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I was in HS and my mom called saying something happen in NYC, and it was on EVERY channel. Usually I would wake up every morning to watch sportscenter.

I went to school that day and everyone was sad, then I had football practice that afternoon but coached canceled it and let us off early.

Then I took the Dart Bus home and stopped by the record store and bought The Blueprint and jammed Heart of the city & momma loves me all night..:wow:

Fletch

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
DmzV5MaX4AApk2N.jpg

fukking ell.......
Can’t imagine the fear this would cause

I was a sophomore, woke up sick that morning. I was laying in bed trying to not get ready for school when my mom came in I figured to yell at me for not getting dressed, flipped on the TV and the rest of the day was basically just silence every where around town and in the house