17 Year Anniversary of 9/11

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
61ad38b7ed7e3e44b8779c6659995cfc.jpg

So fukk the brotha firefighters who gave they lives too ?:mjpls:

Firefighters are cops are often :mjpls:, so it is what it is....

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Lot of the guys my uncle worked with catching all types of cancer from that shyt

Guys who was in they 20s/30s when they was down there dying in they 40s from cancer and respiratory illnesses.

Uncle said it was guys down at ground zero for weeks with no respirator or even a mask :francis:
That’s fukking horrible!!! Is the city doing anything for them? I mean not the city but the country. Like is there like a umm... what is the word Im looking for... are they being compensated medical /insurance for literally putting their lives on the line & going beyond the call of duty?

litty

Pro
Daps
Probably around 15-20k Americans have died due to 9/11 (including war, the towers falling, people inhaling tower dust, etc.) The US and its allies have killed like 1 million + people in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Homey the clown

Homey don't play that
Daps
Reppin
Unknown
I was In 6th grade at the time. I Remember I had missed the bus because I had overslept do my parents had to take me and my Dad was pissed at me. So I was ready to go to school but I had to wait for my parents. So I turned the Tv on and saw them talking about the first plane hitting the towers.I really wasn't paying attention to what was going on but a ew minutes later, I'm looking at the Tv and that's when the second plane hit the WTC. I went to schooland everyone was talking about what had happened and that was when I realized how serious it was. One strange thing about that day, we lived about a block away from a McDonald's so I decided to walk up Mcdonalds to get something to eat. While I was there, I was sitting down eating with one of my friends and I happened to glance outside the window and see four Middle Eastern men wearing Turbuns and dressed in traditional Muslim attire walking under an overpass. To me that was strange . I know they likely had nothing to do with the events that transpired on 9/11 but still when I saw that, I had the :merchant:. That period of time wa the only time in my life where everyone rather they were Black white, Asian, Mexican Democrat, Republican etc was Patriotic. But Bush attacking Iraq and us going to war changed all that.

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
Firefighters are cops are often :mjpls:, so it is what it is....

FIrefighters overall actually primarily save lives, unlike cops who primarily just serve the ruling class' interests :whoa:

but there is still a :mjpls: element to most fire companies. But at least they don't maintain the prison-industrial complex or murder people in cold blood :francis:

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
No disrespect to the dead, but I'm tired of this. I saw the second plane hit the tower in person my school was right in view of WTC. Yeah people died but we endure. NYC rebuilt (As we often do) And the country went to war and moved on. Most people I know forget about the memorial unless they see it on the news. White ppl need to get over this already.

It's the heaviest L Americacs have taken in hundreds of years, I doubt they'll be getting over it anytime soon

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
That’s fukking horrible!!! Is the city doing anything for them? I mean not the city but the country. Like is there like a umm... what is the word Im looking for... are they being compensated medical /insurance for literally putting their lives on the line & going beyond the call of duty?
Was a big fight in Congress to get lifetime health coverage bill for anybody who was down there in the months after, it went through if I’m not mistaken

James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act - Wikipedia

Solomon Caine

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
in the shadows
I was in year 7, moms woke me up.. told me I ain’t going no where for 3 days until we figure out what’s going on. We had been in war zones before n wasn’t gonna be taking any chances incase of further attacks or reprisals. Btw we wasn’t even in the States.