17 Year Anniversary of 9/11

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
I was 17 but I was living the thug life so and wasn't in school. I fell asleep with the TV on and woke up seeing one of the buildings smoking.
I was still half asleep and didn't know what I was looking at so I just got up and turned the TV off. Woke up later expected to see some big booty hoes on Jenny Jones and that shyt was still on TV, on every channel :martin: So I sat down to see what was what.
Kinda saw it as any other tragedy that didn't really affect me. I only remember brief discussions about it with my family and friends.
I remember being shook when somebody suggested Bush was gonna bring the draft back because of it lol

El negrito de tejas

Fukk the govt I got my own Deficit
Daps
Reppin
The country of myself
7th grade Spanish class I had just came from lunch & walked into class with the tv's on. All you could see was smoking buildings and how the towers were hit.

They cancelled the football games we had scheduled that day and we all just went home.

My father had just retired from the airforce that summer. They had called him and asked if he was willing to come back:wow:.

On one hand I'm glad he didn't go but on the other hand he could have made so much money off that war. I know too many people who went in after highschool that are sitting real pretty financially off that 2nd iraq war.:hubie:

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
Shoot...I was in my senior year, in 2nd period creative writing...

Pops came to the door, I thought I was in trouble cuz I was cutting up earlier in class and I thought the teacher called him to watch/get me...

He just stood in the doorway (he a big dude) and looked at the teacher and said "my son, come on NOW!!!" and turned and walked away. I gathered my things as quick as I could running behind him.

I wanted to get my sneakers out my locker (went to private school, Caroll standup!) but pops just said, we gotta go RIGHT NOW almost in tears. I thought my grandmother died or something. He was damn near running

when we got to the front door, I saw all the other cars coming to get their kids and I asked what happened he just turned and said, "they blew up the twin towers man" and told me to get in the car quick.

We lived only 3-4 min from the school but as we were driving he turned on the radio and I heard it all. The other planes hadn't hit quite yet but I heard all kinds of jets and commotion outside. Saw people driving crazy, bout to get into accidents and near misses...It was bananas!

Got home, moms and my sister got there bout 45 min later. My dad was pastoring a church at the time and brought some kids from Howard that went to our church(CME's) over since they were away from home. Couldn't do NOTHING...EVERY channel was showing the news, even Nickelodeon and whatnot. Also pissed b/c I was supposed to go to Union Station/Wheaton Plaza after school to cop that Jay-Z Blueprint and Fabolous Ghetto Fabolous...I asked my dad in the car if we could make that stop real quick. The look he shot over to me told me my answer. He probably would've beat me right there if he hadn't been driving LOL... He still get mad about that to this day when we talk about it.

He was like, "didn't you hear what they were saying on the radio bro? What kind of question was that? How insensitive..."

:manny:

Daps
You're probably gonna get negged to death for this but you're not totally wrong. We've been told to get over so much shot but God damn are they stuck on this. This is like the cac holocaust
Yeah No disrespect to the lives lost or their loved ones but I don’t understand the big deal. Countless terrorist attacks have happened the world over since then.

I understand if you’re from NY but other than that....

MikeyC

The Coli Royal Rumble Champion 2019
Daps
Reppin
London
That was "The Falling Man" who was a hard-working brotha from Mount Vernon. He worked in the Windows On The World restaurant on the top of the building.

RIP Jonathan Briley and all that lost their lives on that tragic day.

jonathan.jpg

:wow:

RIP to the breddah on behalf of these fake ass coli militants:

No disrespect to the dead, but I'm tired of this. I saw the second plane hit the tower in person my school was right in view of WTC. Yeah people died but we endure. NYC rebuilt (As we often do) And the country went to war and moved on. Most people I know forget about the memorial unless they see it on the news. White ppl need to get over this already.

Who gives a shyt about 9/11?

I was thinking the other day if we were to have remembrance of every massacre in America, every single day on the calendar would be so sort of Remembrance day, from the slaughtering of Native Americans, to the mass lynching of black folk and the random acts of gun violence in this country.

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
This is one of the saddest things I’ve read about 9/11. The imagery
Lot of the guys my uncle worked with catching all types of cancer from that shyt

Guys who was in they 20s/30s when they was down there dying in they 40s from cancer and respiratory illnesses.

Uncle said it was guys down at ground zero for weeks with no respirator or even a mask :francis: