17 Year Anniversary of 9/11

WaveMolecules

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Remember this like it was yesterday.

Sophmore in highschool in LIC, Queens.

During 1st period math some kid runs in and tells us a plane flew into the WTC. Everyone assumed it was a Cessna or a small private plane.

2nd period was English class. The teacher brought a TV in and we all just watched the news. Saw the towers fall. The smoke engulfing lower manhattan. I bounced during lunch. Crazy day.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
That was me. Just started freshman year in college. I was knocked out in my dorm room when my friend banged on my door. Saw the towers fall with the :damn: face. Just kept screaming "Oh my God" shyt was :merchant:

Such a disturbing, haunting, and yet...beautiful shot. It's like he is floating in the sky...a serene moment in time when the reality is chaos and terror. I can't imagine making such a decision. To think, this was the "easy" way out.

My brother was in the North Tower about 15 mins before it was hit. He wanted to hurry up and finish his deliveries to go buy The Blueprint so he went in early. He would have still been in there if it weren't for that. Jay possibly saved my brother's life :wow:

We were in a panic all day but he finally came home at around 8pm. He said it was much worse than anyone could imagine. The destroyed remains of the ppl that jumped alone. He already hauled ass by the time they fell but he said it felt like the world was ending.

Went down to the area almost two months later and it STILL smelled like dust.
Couldn't describe that photo better myself. I was stuck on trying to describe it.

The Blueprint album must have a special meaning to you and your brother:wow:

FUPA

#LWO
Daps
Reppin
Lakers, Dodgers
was a freshman in HS woke up early before school cause the night before my pops took me to buy THPS2 at best buy for N64. Went to living room to say morning to pops and he was watching it unfold in real time still remember that weird feeling.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
We focus a lot on race here, and with good reason.

But that day, knowing people's very last moments of life, and the devastating way they perished, I took race out of the equation involving those who had to endure that. There were many races of people that died and they all died together.

I don't know any of them personally, but I've never forgotten them

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I was a sophomore when it happened, but I had a creepy coincidence, months before 9/11, when I was still a freshman. We were in history class, talking about how the skyscrapers were being built in the 1900s, and we briefly talked about how a plane struck The Empire State Building. And then I blurted out in front of the class "Can you imagine what would happen if a plane hit something like the World Trade Center today?" Six months later, I was hoping that nobody remembered that I said that.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Who gives a shyt about 9/11?

I was thinking the other day if we were to have remembrance of every massacre in America, every single day on the calendar would be so sort of Remembrance day, from the slaughtering of Native Americans, to the mass lynching of black folk and the random acts of gun violence in this country.

You're probably gonna get negged to death for this but you're not totally wrong. We've been told to get over so much shot but God damn are they stuck on this. This is like the cac holocaust