17 Year Anniversary of 9/11

Turlast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Two One Five
9/11 was really was a dark day for the country. I was 13 and a freshman. The principal came on the loud speaker to inform us of the attack. My teacher turned on the tv right after. A few mins later, the next plane crashed into the other building. I really couldn't believe what I was seeing. The whole thing felt surreal. We had early dismissal in around 12PM. There was a horrible stench in the air that day. Something along the lines of burning metal mixed with gas. I don't live in NY, but from a distance, I was smelling the aftermath. It was pretty eerie.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
same as y'all i was in school and the principal was delivering news to the teachers and pretty much everything stopped, we were allowed to leave early, I was in CT at the time so a lot of my classmates had family in NYC etc. so school was pretty much dismissed early, i went home and watched CNN for the rest of the night, I couldn't believe it and it's still surreal that it happened.

can't believe it was 17 years ago now. America never really recovered, there's so many things that are different now, we've become much more of a police state. I think that's what the government wanted too.

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
No disrespect to the dead, but I'm tired of this. I saw the second plane hit the tower in person my school was right in view of WTC. Yeah people died but we endure. NYC rebuilt (As we often do) And the country went to war and moved on. Most people I know forget about the memorial unless they see it on the news. White ppl need to get over this already.

International Playa

Playa with a Passport
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn I remember everything, I had recently moved houses so I was due to start a new school & was waiting to start school, that day I was home all day just watching all the tv news. I couldn't believe it:ohhh:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I was 17 years old and a senior in high school. I was getting ready for school and like I usually did in the morning I turned on the Today show and saw they were talking about the first plane hitting the towers. I was half paying attention and figured it was a accident or whatever. I drove to school bumping Kiss The Game Goodbye so I still didn't know what was going on until I got to school.

When I got there everyone was like :mjcry::dwillhuh::to::lupe:

I was like "why everyone sad?!" :stopitslime:

My boy was like terrorist attacked the World Trade Center. I was like it was an accident and ain't no damn terrorists attacked. Our principal came on the intercom and told everyone what was going on. The rest of the school day was a blur.

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
I was senior in high school in NJ.I remember the day before most of kids in my class were gonna stay home or go to record stores the next day because Jay z and Fabolous albums were suppose to come out .9/11 was a Tuesday.I was in class and heard on loud speaker didn't truly know what happen til I got home and saw.Surreal

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was 12, had just started highschool. new york is 6hrs behind so i was just finishing like the first day of some school or some shyt.

We was chilling in burger king, I cud see it on tv but didnt have my glasses so thought it was just some random american shyt.. when I got home my mum told me and i was like oh shyt... damn

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Lost my military card. As I was getting replacement the 2nd plane hit. Got new military card with 9/11 on it. Found the card that I thought I lost days later and turned that one in when I etc'd from active duty. Still got card that says 9/11 on it.