16 Ridiculous Ways Former NBA Star Gilbert Arenas Spends His Money

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I played football, but he would come out and scrimmage with us for fun (no pads). this dude caught me from behind and I ran a 4.5 in H.S. I was like :dwillhuh:

In Wizards training camp three years ago, Wall was a rookie and Gilbert had returned after being in the half way house and done community service for the gun incident the year before. At that point in 2010, Gilbert was a couple years removed from his last surgery. Anyway, I remember reports coming out that Gil was the fastest player on the team running in a straight line and was beating Wall in drills down the court.

In games though that obviously wasn't the case but it was interesting.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Dang, I think we spend $400-500 a month on food every month and this is for 8 people.

damn, you got a lot of folks in ur fam. but yeah, its easy to not blow a lot of bread on groceries if u shop at the right spot and buy shyt that's on sale and be smart about it.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
damn, you got a lot of folks in ur fam. but yeah, its easy to not blow a lot of bread on groceries if u shop at the right spot and buy shyt that's on sale and be smart about it.

yeah, its my parents, aunt, grandmother, me and my siblings. Every couple weeks my sister or mom go to Costco

Gil has to be shopping at Whole Foods or something like that. I remember one time I went in there and got some pastries or some bakery ish and it was $40 :dead:

dexwire

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It should be literally impossible for him to go broke all he has to do is buy like 20 McDonald franchises and he would have a stable income for life. Hopefully he invested wisely

Deaf2twothirds

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Babylon & Sodom Reincarnated
Not suprised! I remember seeing Gil in 2005 leaving a club in DC had 2 bad bytches fighting over him. He left the with the less attractive one in a brand new Rover but it aint have any tags on it. Ever since then I knew his mind wasn't right. :rudy:

Kings County

Law III | Law XXV | Law XV
Daps
Reppin
The Roman Empire
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...10/23/gilbert-arenas-on-his-wizards-contract/

TMZ: So are they still paying off that six-year $111 million?

Arenas: Yes. Yeah. The NBA says I get 20-something this year? I stopped keeping track. I haven’t got paid $20 million a year in probably two years now….I’m still getting paid until 2016.

TMZ: Are you investing it? I want to see you save your money. Are you investing it? Are you trying to make wise decisions?

Arenas: Um. Put it like this: You remember when everybody was laughing at me when I built the pool and the shark tank? That was off the $65 million. I didn’t touch the $111. That was still off the first contract.

TMZ: So you’re good? You basically don’t have to work for the rest of your life? You’re good?

Arenas: Well, what I do now is work. I’ve created three apps. I can’t tell you because if I tell you and you don’t like me, you’re not gonna download them. I’m an app creator. I’m smarter than the average; I just act dumb. That’s what gets people’s attention; you act dumb, you get people’s attention….Yeah, I got three apps. If you like Five Guys burgers and you’re in California, I was one of the people who helped bring it here. I was one of the investors, so you’re welcome. I’m doing fine….I mean, I can spend every penny I have in the bank and I still have $38 million coming.

(Via @BulletsForever)
:win: black excellence

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...10/23/gilbert-arenas-on-his-wizards-contract/

Arenas: The NBA says I get 20-something this year? I stopped keeping track...:lolbron: ….I’m still getting paid until 2016. :takedat:

Arenas: You remember when everybody was laughing at me when I built the pool and the shark tank? :skip: That was off the $65 million. I didn’t touch the $111. :umad:

Arenas:
I’m smarter than the average; I just act dumb. :troll: I can spend every penny I have in the bank and I still have $38 million coming. :youngsabo:

:heh:

gil stuntin cause he can and obviously dgaf. having a $38 million cushion....:banderas: