16 Ridiculous Ways Former NBA Star Gilbert Arenas Spends His Money

Steezy

Career 13 ppg scorer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Atlanta
hmmmm, I have a family of four, and I can fill the fridge and cabinets for all of us off $150 every two weeks.

kids walking round the crib like
oliver_twist_david_lean_0.jpg

King Poetic

Sagittarius KingPin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, California
he got one life and can die tomorrow... might as well live it up

i personally wont do it if i have kids cause there future is more important

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
really depends what the ratio is and his savings rate towards retirement is to see if what he's doing will cost him later on

600 dollars a week on groceries is not too bad in my opinion

954UAlreadyknow

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...10/23/gilbert-arenas-on-his-wizards-contract/

TMZ: So are they still paying off that six-year $111 million?

Arenas: Yes. Yeah. The NBA says I get 20-something this year? I stopped keeping track. I haven’t got paid $20 million a year in probably two years now….I’m still getting paid until 2016.

TMZ: Are you investing it? I want to see you save your money. Are you investing it? Are you trying to make wise decisions?

Arenas: Um. Put it like this: You remember when everybody was laughing at me when I built the pool and the shark tank? That was off the $65 million. I didn’t touch the $111. That was still off the first contract.

TMZ: So you’re good? You basically don’t have to work for the rest of your life? You’re good?

Arenas: Well, what I do now is work. I’ve created three apps. I can’t tell you because if I tell you and you don’t like me, you’re not gonna download them. I’m an app creator. I’m smarter than the average; I just act dumb. That’s what gets people’s attention; you act dumb, you get people’s attention….Yeah, I got three apps. If you like Five Guys burgers and you’re in California, I was one of the people who helped bring it here. I was one of the investors, so you’re welcome. I’m doing fine….I mean, I can spend every penny I have in the bank and I still have $38 million coming.

(Via @BulletsForever)
good for him :salute:

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
yeah the way food prices are i cant imagine feeding 6 people on 150 a week. unless you doing some extreme couponing shyt. the 150 a week for me includes beer, but still its just basic foods and im around 125/150 just about every week. seafood, some chicken or steak, pork tenderloin or something. fruits/veggies, some sandwich stuf from the deli for lunch. nothing too fancy

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
went to H.S with dude. He took care of his patnas when he made it. I got nothing but respect for dude. He lived a hard life, his pops used to clean the gym after games. he was coo with everyone, used to walk around campus with those calf shoes forget what they're called.

I remember one time he flipped out on some dude that was talking breezy to his girl, dude squared up with Gil, but then last min decided to flee onto the bus (it had just arrived), Gil wasnt having any of it, and chased him on the bus, but that wasnt before he went and grabbed a wooden bed post, yes bed post, from a nearby bush then hoped on the bus, and like 6 people had to hold him back.t The chubby dude had fear in his heart ,on some :whoa:. I was like :gladbron: :russ:

I played football, but he would come out and scrimmage with us for fun (no pads). this dude caught me from behind and I ran a 4.5 in H.S. I was like :dwillhuh:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

nah....shyt, and I work at home, so that means I eat breakfast and lunch in my house like 6 days a week. we only get take out like 2 times a week max.

I was also wondering how dude was spending that much a week on groceries. He must be a bodybuilder.

if ur an educated consumer, u don't need to spend lots of food. I by meats, eggs, fruit, milk and juice, cheese, lunchmeat, and breakfast foods. Not buying pop cookies, and chips and shyt really. we don't really eat that shyt. I could itemize what I bought last time if ya'll are interested and show u how easy it is to spend that amount.

cWVwef5.jpg
tIoCDzV.jpg

Steezy

Career 13 ppg scorer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Atlanta
nah....shyt, and I work at home, so that means I eat breakfast and lunch in my house like 6 days a week. we only get take out like 2 times a week max.

if ur an educated consumer, u don't need to spend lots of food. I by meats, eggs, fruit, milk and juice, cheese, lunchmeat, and breakfast foods. Not buying pop cookies, and chips and shyt really. we don't really eat that shyt. I could itemize what I bought last time if ya'll are interested and show u how easy it is to spend that amount.

cWVwef5.jpg
tIoCDzV.jpg

:ohhh: adopt me breh

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...10/23/gilbert-arenas-on-his-wizards-contract/

TMZ: So you’re good? You basically don’t have to work for the rest of your life? You’re good?

Arenas: Well, what I do now is work. I’ve created three apps. I can’t tell you because if I tell you and you don’t like me, you’re not gonna download them. I’m an app creator. I’m smarter than the average; I just act dumb. That’s what gets people’s attention; you act dumb, you get people’s attention….Yeah, I got three apps. If you like Five Guys burgers and you’re in California, I was one of the people who helped bring it here. I was one of the investors, so you’re welcome. I’m doing fine….I mean, I can spend every penny I have in the bank and I still have $38 million coming.

(Via @BulletsForever)

:banderas:

hmmmm, I have a family of four, and I can fill the fridge and cabinets for all of us off $150 every two weeks.

he's not shopping at the same market as regular folk.. his brown bags got lil handles on em :leon:

calh45

Cal
Daps
Aint none of the shyt you mentioned is making a dent in that man's bank account. He's a hundred millionaire spending thousands of dollars. It seems like a lot to us, but 60k to him is a 100 dollars to us.

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

cWVwef5.jpg
tIoCDzV.jpg
See, that's the thing, if you buying junk food or anything that can last virtually forever on your shelf then you'll be spending a lot of money. I shop on the outside of the grocery store, not inside the aisles, where you spend money to get fat.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
:banderas:

he's not shopping at the same market as regular folk.. his brown bags got lil handles on em :leon:

yeah, I'm assuming he is shopping at whole foods or some shyt. I shop at food-4-less, which is owned by krogers. it's cheaper (they got all the name brand stuff), but u have to bag ur own groceries. I don't mind. I'd rather save the bread and bag my own shyt.