14 men open up about the devastation of divorce...

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
But what's the reward cause if at any time in alot of states you can lose everything to a vindictive women who sucks you dry??? What reward is that?
There is risk signing that marriage ceritificate. That's why it's good to be completely certain that that is what you who you wanna be with.
I honestly do believe it is better to mitigate the risk somewhat with a prenuptial agreement though. The system is much too slanted
Some might say it's cool to be gf and bf forever but there is something deeper about binding yourself to a person with vows..

MCMLXXIX

Rookie
Daps
I’ve seen my close peers go through so messed up situations. That’s how I learn what to do and what not to do.

My homeboy tried to ignore all the signs before marrying his now ex-wife. This chick only cared about herself and her daughter. The little girl was not his child but he cared for this girl since she was three months. At the time of the separation, the little girl was 5 or 6 years old. His ex-wife pretty much viewed him as a support person. They divorced almost 18 months after the wedding. My homeboys expense because of his ex-wife: $15,000 wedding (loan), $20,000-$25,000 (loan) for a new family truck, honeymoon $5,000, new house $150,000.

Because he was in the little girl life majority of the time he has to pay child support, alimony, and some of the mortgage to the house he once lived in. He just got a new job making some decent money but most of his cash went to his ex-wife. This dude can’t live life like he wants to. He was some much in debt that he had to file for bankruptcy. This nikka is depressed af.

Bruhs, if you have any reservations about the girl you dating, wear a condom and DON’T marry her. It will put you in a financial hole that will cripple yo azz if you have to get a divorce.

Never get a loan for a wedding. Lord, why did he do that? I'm not trying to down your friend, but did they need that big of a wedding?

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
7. Hits close to home. Ive never been married but this sounds painful.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
There is risk signing that marriage ceritificate. That's why it's good to be completely certain that that is what you who you wanna be with.
I honestly do believe it is better to mitigate the risk somewhat with a prenuptial agreement though. The system is much too slanted
Some might say it's cool to be gf and bf forever but there is something deeper about binding yourself to a person with vows..

It used to be cool. but people treat marriage like a joke. vows mean nothing....

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
GinaThatAintNoDamnPuppy! said:
*EDIT* This is a fukking church site :camby:

Guess you don't know the OP's theological stance.......:sas2:

I purposely found this link so OP couldn't wrangle his way out of it.

Also, the research is based on actual EVIDENCE just like the next post from me in this thread.

I have about 6-7 more links that disprove the opinion/meme that 50% of marriages fail.

:popcorn:

Last edited:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Emperor_ReinScarf said:
divorce rate is dropping because the marry rate is at an all time low

divorce-facts-cereal-box.gif

NONE of those stats is backed by any evidence......unlike these.....

http://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/2013/ar...by-gender-race-and-educational-attainment.htm

A negative relationship between the age at which the marriage began and the propensity for the marriage to end in divorce is also apparent. Among marriages that began at ages 15 to 22, 58 percent ended in divorce. Of marriages that began at ages 23 to 28, 43 percent ended in divorce. Of marriages that began at ages 29 to 34, the percentage that ends in divorce declines further to 36 percent. Hence, the data support the finding that, on average, people who marry later are more likely than younger couples to stay married.
Try again, breh..............:sas2:

Last edited: