14 men open up about the devastation of divorce...

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
if im not mistaken steve piffler is married with 2 or is it 3 kids and is doing great in his marriage

dont let my posts discourage you gator you will have one of the other 50% of marriages that are wholesome and riveting
:myman:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Still bitter about gettin dumped in 2014

:dahell:

Darien Ga

The median income for a household in the city was $24,135, and the median income for a family was $28,750. Males had a median income of $26,198 versus $16,897 for females. The per capita income for the city was $11,938. About 21.3% of families and 24.7% of the population were below the poverty ine

:camby: broke ass

Vonte3000

Chance 3 :wow: :blessed:
Daps
Reppin
Darien Ga
:dahell:

Darien Ga

The median income for a household in the city was $24,135, and the median income for a family was $28,750. Males had a median income of $26,198 versus $16,897 for females. The per capita income for the city was $11,938. About 21.3% of families and 24.7% of the population were below the poverty ine

:camby: broke ass
I'm 20 my nikka :bryan: I'm in college I live in an apartment and my fam moved to Newnan :pachaha:

I must have hurt you nikka for you to google all that shyt :bryan: I wasn't even tryin

But regardin my beloved home state of Darien Ga check my sig :win:

I feel like hittin the dollar menu, get that grill warmed up home boy:youngsabo:

Spoutin statistics like that shyt affect me :bryan:

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
I’ve seen my close peers go through so messed up situations. That’s how I learn what to do and what not to do.

My homeboy tried to ignore all the signs before marrying his now ex-wife. This chick only cared about herself and her daughter. The little girl was not his child but he cared for this girl since she was three months. At the time of the separation, the little girl was 5 or 6 years old. His ex-wife pretty much viewed him as a support person. They divorced almost 18 months after the wedding. My homeboys expense because of his ex-wife: $15,000 wedding (loan), $20,000-$25,000 (loan) for a new family truck, honeymoon $5,000, new house $150,000.

Because he was in the little girl life majority of the time he has to pay child support, alimony, and some of the mortgage to the house he once lived in. He just got a new job making some decent money but most of his cash went to his ex-wife. This dude can’t live life like he wants to. He was some much in debt that he had to file for bankruptcy. This nikka is depressed af.

Bruhs, if you have any reservations about the girl you dating, wear a condom and DON’T marry her. It will put you in a financial hole that will cripple yo azz if you have to get a divorce.

YIKES!

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I'm 20 my nikka :bryan: I'm in college I live in an apartment and my fam moved to Newnan :pachaha:

I must have hurt you nikka for you to google all that shyt :bryan: I wasn't even tryin

But regardin my beloved home state of Darien Ga check my sig :win:

I feel like hittin the dollar menu, get that grill warmed up home boy:youngsabo:

Spoutin statistics like that shyt affect me :bryan:

doesn't affect me I don't live in some southern hellhole fakkit

nikka your 20 in college and talking to a man whose educated and been working for hte past 8 years f outta here youngling

Vonte3000

Chance 3 :wow: :blessed:
Daps
Reppin
Darien Ga
doesn't affect me I don't live in some southern hellhole fakkit

nikka your 20 in college and talking to a man whose educated and been working for hte past 8 years f outta here youngling

nikka if your "work" allows you to post on the coli 24/7 then your career ain't shyt :mjlol:

Educated on what nikka? Divorce rates? What college you go to Devry don't count. :ufukkdup:

Grown man callin "younglings" fakkit

yeah you real mature nikka, only skill you got is flippin burgers and justifying in your head a reason to be 35 and never had a girlfriend

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:lupe:

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5999050

14 Men Open Up About The Devastation Of Divorce Thanks to a recent Reddit thread that asked men how divorce compares to a breakup, we got to hear from the guys. Here's what they had to say:

1. "Regular breakups suck. Separation or divorce is weeks of crying yourself to sleep into a pillow in a rented room."

2. "It's just awful. The betrayal of someone rolling you over and taking all your stuff and realizing that all those promises you made at a fancy ceremony surrounded by your family and friends mean nothing if she falls out of love with you."

3. "All your dreams die. Think about how that feels. You stand in an empty home that was supposed to be filled with laughter, good times, children, a future -- and now it's just an empty home ... Everyone puts on the brave face. But you know deep down that you are broken on a very fundamental level. Its pretty scary. Its very lonely, it changes you."

4. "Emotionally it was devastating. I was with her for 24 years, 18 of those married. In my heart and my head I was committed forever. We have kids who were hurt very badly and are still struggling nearly seven years later. It is a brutal thing -- I didn't give a shyt about the financial aspects, that lasts a few years and then you move forward. It is the destruction of the family that is the real disaster."

5. "The biggest thing I noticed during the divorce was how I was seen. I was a resource, not a person. I paid bills: lawyers, child [support] and spousal support, anyone that wanted money started threatening me, because I had the paycheck. It's lonely, and you really start to question why you try so hard when no one gives a shyt about you. You start to think a lot more about what's important to you versus what's just an obligation you've carried out of familiarity."

6. "It hurt more deeply than other breakups. All of the legal stuff was a pain in the ass of course, but giving up altogether was extremely difficult for me. When you're just dating someone, it's sort of understood that it's possible to decide things aren't solid enough to put a ring on and go your separate ways. Once you sign that contract and swear those vows, it just feels like a more binding commitment."

7. "No matter how much you want to be friends and be amicable, it always turns messy.You have to divorce half of your stuff, half your money, and in some cases a good chunk of your future money. But by the time you are done you might not even care, because you just want the nightmare to end so badly. If you have kids... it never ends."

8. "It was far and away the mostdepressing few months. I lost my moral compass and started doing all sorts of terrible things to good people. I was taking it out on everyone while pushing everyone away. I hope to never go through something like this again. I was broken by the divorce for a long time."

9. "It's a living hell."

10. "Emotionally it was horrible. I lost not only my wife, I lost my lover, my best friend, my teammate, and my 'family.' To me, divorce just was never an option, until it happened. I felt lost. I had lost the one person who I felt I was allowed to confide in."

11. "It's a lot like a breakup except the emotional repercussions are worse because the person that you thought you were going to spend the rest of your life with is suddenly not in your life anymore."

12. "For the most part it's the difference between falling off a bicycle and getting run over by a truck."

13. "I think the difference is in a marriage, you've relaxed into it completely because it'ssupposed to be for life. You've let the commitment completely envelop you. And then the rug, and the earth beneath it, get yanked from under you."

14. "It sucks. We are brought up in society to believe that marriage is good and divorce is bad. We're taught that we should try and try and try and try again to make our marriages work. When we can't make it work, all this societal pressure to remain married makes you feel like a total failure, even if you absolutely know you're doing the right thing. Divorce is a GOOD thing. It allows unhappy people the chance to become happy again.

angel_of_death_by_razorback.png

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
nikka if your "work" allows you to post on the coli 24/7 then your career ain't shyt :mjlol:

Educated on what nikka? Divorce rates? What college you go to Devry don't count. :ufukkdup:

Grown man callin "younglings" fakkit

yeah you real mature nikka, only skill you got is flippin burgers and justifying in your head a reason to be 35 and never had a girlfriend

Get a Job and you'll understand things called perks.

:dahell: i graduated 8 years ago again try harder.

Yes I flip burgers and that's how i'm able to travel the world fakkit

Yeah breh I've never had a girlfriend ok there :mjlol:

these fatherless 2014 posters trying to come at kings trying to make a name

f outta here fakkit!!

Steve Piffler

I got them CERTS
Daps
Reppin
Houston
How did you get thru it?

Are things better now?

Are you happy?

Still with her?

if im not mistaken steve piffler is married with 2 or is it 3 kids and is doing great in his marriage

dont let my posts discourage you gator you will have one of the other 50% of marriages that are wholesome and riveting

@Gator Reloaded yeah breh, i'm still married. we just went through a period of non stop arguing and it just became too much to bear. and we decided to separate. the goal was divorce, but after being apart for 6 months, we had time to think long and hard about what we actually wanted. and that turned out to be each other. so we got back together. now i'm not saying that we haven't had problems since then, because we almost got divorced again, but that type of shyt happens in a marriage. whether people tell you about it or not. it's just storms that happen. gotta learn to get through them. i'm riding with my wife until the end, unless she cheats. it's bushes instantly if she does that :camby:

and @Emperor_ReinScarf i have 2 kids.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
@Gator Reloaded yeah breh, i'm still married. we just went through a period of non stop arguing and it just became too much to bear. and we decided to separate. the goal was divorce, but after being apart for 6 months, we had time to think long and hard about what we actually wanted. and that turned out to be each other. so we got back together. now i'm not saying that we haven't had problems since then, because we almost got divorced again, but that type of shyt happens in a marriage. whether people tell you about it or not. it's just storms that happen. gotta learn to get through them. i'm riding with my wife until the end, unless she cheats. it's bushes instantly if she does that :camby:

and @Emperor_ReinScarf i have 2 kids.

you got a good one breh, many women would have just be on some see you in court nikka :umad:

Paisley Darts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Richmond, VA
That shyt sounds painful :sadcam:

I don't think its a right answer in this whole get married/don't get married debate.

They say that the #1 indicator of wealth is marriage. But the #1 indicator of poverty is divorce.

It's a catch 22 :yeshrug:

Personally I'm going to roll the dice and get married...with an iron-clad pre-nup in place :sas1:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
That shyt sounds painful :sadcam:

I don't think its a right answer in this whole get married/don't get married debate.

They say that the #1 indicator of wealth is marriage. But the #1 indicator of poverty is divorce.

It's a catch 22 :yeshrug:

Personally I'm going to roll the dice and get married...with an iron-clad pre-nup in place :sas1:

number 1 issue for divorce is financials as well :sas1:

Steve Piffler

I got them CERTS
Daps
Reppin
Houston
you got a good one breh, many women would have just be on some see you in court nikka :umad:

:myman:

i think people just expect marriage to be great all the time. when in reality, marriage can be pretty shytty at times. marriage can be dull. marriage can be tiresome. my wife gets on my muthafukken nerves sometimes. she can be a bytch. she is very opinionated and crass. but on the other hand, marriage can be wonderful. my wife is my best friend (really. not just what people say during wedding vows). she is the most generous person i know. she is very loving and compassionate and she likes all of the things that i like. she is sexy as hell and FREAKY in the bed. so you gotta take the good with the bad. and most of all, i can trust her TOTALLY. with my life and everything else. going through the rollercoaster of emotions is what makes you feel alive. when your marriage makes you feel dead, THAT'S when you have to make some tough decisions.