14 men open up about the devastation of divorce...

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
This is why you go foreign ...
I've gone foreign. Still had the same sense of entitlement and lack of respect for her man (me). Still came at me with "my friends are married or engaged or have kids" or "my sister just got engaged" like these are reasons why we should be doing the same. At 23-25, it ain't the right time. Society needs to dictate that both people matter to the woman. It should be the norm and not the exception.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
How long can y'all do rehash this topic? Pick someone not based on physical attributes alone, invest in your relationship if you want your partner to invest you and you are more likely to stat married. Problem solved!

Jakarta

Go Pack Go
Daps
Reppin
chicago
:whoo:you mind expanding on this breh

Eh. It's not that interesting but sure I got a couple minutes to kill before work.

I'll start by saying I know I got married early and made dumb decisions but that's what happens when you think you're in love or whatever.

I started dating my ex when I was 20 and I moved to Georgia. We met through mutual friends, went on a couple dates or whatever. Start dating. She was going to school in Savannah and had a dorm room but quickly starting staying at my place most nights before eventually just moving in during her last semester. After she graduated we moved to Louisville because that's where she's from and I thought it was an alright spot. We get married after like 3 years and everything seemed great. After about 7 months, the aforementioned thing happened where her dad came in and said she was leaving because I said I would kill her if she ever left me (which of course never happened.)

My ex to my knowledge had been diagnosed with aspegers/bipolar/whatever. But I guess over time she really committed to this story because we went to court because she was trying to get a restraining order against me. Of course my lawyer gave her that work to a point where she openly admitted "Okay, he's never actually abused me but I think he could." Like man....anyone CAN abuse others.

The whole experience made me feel like garbage. I mean, someone you're happy with who out of nowhere makes up all these demonic stories and tries to ruin your life. I thought about killing myself a lot but eventually I just surrounded myself with good people who told me "Breh, you're 23. You'll be fine." And eventually I accepted that any person who makes you feel like shyt like that isn't worth stressing over.

Being left like that, being homeless for a few weeks, and just feeling so empty gave me a lot of time to think about everything wrong with me as an adult/husband/human being and I'm a lot stronger because of it.

Sure, I made many dumb decisions in the past few years but divorce is always shytty for everything.

I don't know how to really wrap all this rambling up but sometimes you gotta take some Ls to get a W in the end.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
Wait til u get old and :flabbynsick:

And all yo boys is married with kids. And u ain't have no homies to kick it with no more. And u go to the club or bar and everyone looks young as fuk and listens to chief kerf. And u realize u that old creepy dude alone at da bar n shyt.

And da only girls talking to u is the old :flabbynsick: Broads that are divorced and flabby.

Problem is ive never enjoyed a broads company
more than I enjoy my own.
I own real estate and wont have to give up
half my shyt,young bad bytches will fukk with that old
creepy nikka if he got money,pharmaceutial companies
are making great leaps in (keep old dikk hard) meds so
i'm covered there,dont gotta be married to have children.
yea, i'll be fine at 65.
:sas1:
wat6rr.jpg

Last edited:

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
Divorce is tough on women, too.

But the main difference is this:

Women's problems are taken seriously.

A man gets divorced and nobody gives a sh&t about his psychological or emotional well-being. They just look at him as an object who is going to lose money.

I was gonna dap you but you've got more than you handle. So this quote will suffice.

But factually, this is truth dialogue.

Men are typically perceived to be more resilient and less impacted by the effects of relationship severance. And that's totally not the case as men actually experience more instability and distraught
when a relationship hits the bricks.

Men aren't usually the species that wear their hearts on they sleeves, they are taught to be strong, ambivalent about love and tread relationships with machismo-laden maneuvers and be leaders.

What our mothers didn't teach us that...

"Momma told me one day it was gonna happen, but she never told me when. She told me it would happen when i was much older, wish she would have scolded me then...

'IS THIS THE ENNNEEENNNNEEEENNNDDDDD....?!?!?!?!"

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
Maybe I'm alone on this but I feel a divorce gotta be embarassing as fukk :snoop:
You know you dating a girl, and you share her
fukk it, at least I aint wife her up :manny:
But if you do wife her and yall split
After that big ass ceremony and well wishes from yall fam and friends
The whole community knows about your failure.
And I'm a very private person :sadcam:
'The things people might think :lupe:

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps

And all yo boys is married with kids. And u ain't have no homies to kick it with no more. And u go to the club or bar and everyone looks young as fuk and listens to chief kerf. And u realize u that old creepy dude alone at da bar n shyt.

And da only girls talking to u is the old :flabbynsick: Broads that are divorced and flabby.
:mjcry: im so sorry

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Eh. It's not that interesting but sure I got a couple minutes to kill before work.

I'll start by saying I know I got married early and made dumb decisions but that's what happens when you think you're in love or whatever.

I started dating my ex when I was 20 and I moved to Georgia. We met through mutual friends, went on a couple dates or whatever. Start dating. She was going to school in Savannah and had a dorm room but quickly starting staying at my place most nights before eventually just moving in during her last semester. After she graduated we moved to Louisville because that's where she's from and I thought it was an alright spot. We get married after like 3 years and everything seemed great. After about 7 months, the aforementioned thing happened where her dad came in and said she was leaving because I said I would kill her if she ever left me (which of course never happened.)

My ex to my knowledge had been diagnosed with aspegers/bipolar/whatever. But I guess over time she really committed to this story because we went to court because she was trying to get a restraining order against me. Of course my lawyer gave her that work to a point where she openly admitted "Okay, he's never actually abused me but I think he could." Like man....anyone CAN abuse others.

The whole experience made me feel like garbage. I mean, someone you're happy with who out of nowhere makes up all these demonic stories and tries to ruin your life. I thought about killing myself a lot but eventually I just surrounded myself with good people who told me "Breh, you're 23. You'll be fine." And eventually I accepted that any person who makes you feel like shyt like that isn't worth stressing over.

Being left like that, being homeless for a few weeks, and just feeling so empty gave me a lot of time to think about everything wrong with me as an adult/husband/human being and I'm a lot stronger because of it.

Sure, I made many dumb decisions in the past few years but divorce is always shytty for everything.

I don't know how to really wrap all this rambling up but sometimes you gotta take some Ls to get a W in the end.
:salute: to u for bouncing back from all of that breh.

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
:lupe:

10. "Emotionally it was horrible. I lost not only my wife, I lost my lover, my best friend, my teammate, and my 'family.' To me, divorce just was never an option, until it happened. I felt lost. I had lost the one person who I felt I was allowed to confide in."

This is the problem with a lot of men... investing too much stock in one person. Fukk it is if its your wife. Mothafukkas need to know that bytches can switch it up on your in the snap of a dragon's tongue.

*sighs*

There has to be some kind of method or class/organization to help men traverse their relationships with more assertion and man logic to defeat these Jezebels that want to take the house, cars, crib whips and kids... and not to mention alimony and testimony, cuz its all baloney.

I'm sorry to say it and i know most guys already invest in a lot of stock in their kids and careers... but you also have to be a challenge/mystique to your woman UNTIL THE DAY YOU DIE!!!

Once the bytch gets bored, best beliebs she ain't gonna be royal.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
People always bring up this ish like your life is incomplete if you don't get married.

Like you can't be in a long term relationship without being husband and wife.

Like you are guaranteed old age, or even your wife living that long.

Like you are guaranteed not to be divorce.

For crying out loud the fastest growing age range for divorces is grey divorces . in the 50s and 60s people who have been married for 20-30 years calling it quits.

Be co dependent brehs

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Maybe I'm alone on this but I feel a divorce gotta be embarassing as fukk :snoop:
You know you dating a girl, and you share her
fukk it, at least I aint wife her up :manny:
But if you do wife her and yall split
After that big ass ceremony and well wishes from yall fam and friends
The whole community knows about your failure.
And I'm a very private person :sadcam:
My sentiments exactly.

I really don't like people getting all up in my business like that. I hate it when people at work or whatnot ask me dozens of questions about my life. Im like it's none of your goddamn business. :what:

So if you get a divorce, imagine all the rumors about the speculations surrounding it. It's unbearable, especially to introverts like me. :sadbron:

Last edited: