14 men open up about the devastation of divorce...

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
I wish I would give a woman 25 years of my life and my entire youth, only to have her leave me and take my kids, my house, and my car. :childplease:

tumblr_n18cssJm8L1ts2yaxo5_r1_500.gif

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Jakarta

Go Pack Go
Daps
Reppin
chicago
:whoo:Did it sneak up on you like that?.....

Yeah, I honestly didn't expect it.

Don't marry women with autism and other mental disorders is probably the advice I'd give for this scenario.

Also shouts out to my lawyer for giving that bytch that work in court.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
All them nikkas going through that shyt only have themselves to blame.

You can kill a mahfukka for about $1500 in most states. If I ever get married, my girl can divorce me if she wants. I have no issues in committing murder :demonic:
And get away with it like Rae Carruth? :lupe:

KenyaDoll

Demonic eyebrows & animal print
Daps
Divorce is tough on women, too.

But the main difference is this:

Women's problems are taken seriously.

A man gets divorced and nobody gives a sh&t about his psychological or emotional well-being. They just look at him as an object who is going to lose money.

Yes true, but have you noticed that when most men talk about divorce on this site, they only really talk about potentially losing money and not about their emotions. Maybe men should change the dialogue to reflect that they are emotional beings too.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes true, but have you noticed that when most men talk about divorce on this site, they only really talk about potentially losing money and not about their emotions. Maybe men should change the dialogue to reflect that they are emotional beings too.
Fair enough.

But women don't respect men who show their emotions.
They label such men as soft or cowardly or feminine.

Men are under tremendous pressure to constantly put on a stoic impression no matter what is going on.

KenyaDoll

Demonic eyebrows & animal print
Daps
Fair enough.

Men are under tremendous pressure to constantly put on a stoic impression no matter what is going on.

That's a broad generalization to make about all women. I haven't read the whole thread, but so far I've only seen other men make light of these "hurt" men.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Maybe I'm alone on this but I feel a divorce gotta be embarassing as fukk :snoop:
You know you dating a girl, and you share her
fukk it, at least I aint wife her up :manny:
But if you do wife her and yall split
After that big ass ceremony and well wishes from yall fam and friends
The whole community knows about your failure.
And I'm a very private person :sadcam:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's a broad generalization to make about all women. I haven't read the whole thread, but so far I've only seen other men make light of these "hurt" men.
It is a broad generalization about women.

But one that is generally true.

Suppose two people are cheated on.
1 female
1 male

The female is devasted and starts bawling.
The male does the same.

Are we going to act like both reactions are equally acceptable?

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

Fair enough.

Both are true. Never been divorced but in breakups I've seen both of these be the case. Had women outright say their vision of a relationship and a marriage is she focuses on her and he focuses on her both emotionally and financially. Much of the time in my experience, the woman rarely cares about what's in the man's head. If I acted silent or stoic, then I would be told I don't care. If I expressed what was on my mind, it's "you're selfish and only care about you". It's a rare thing you see a lady who thinks of a relationship as for both people and is both logical and reasonable. They're always taken too :sadcam:

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...

Men have feelings, yes
but a lot men's self worth is tied to their money
To lose everything at 50 and have to start over 10 years away from retirement can be soul crushing