14 men open up about the devastation of divorce...

nomoreneveragain

Superstar
Daps
Divorce isn't stigmatized in the West, it's disgusting.

The Fact, Women can take 1/2 is just wrong.

I fukked a divorced bytch once, she said her husband was cheating on her but she gloating telling me she bought i325 with the Alimony $$$

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
I def agree with this post.

i went through a divorce and didn't feel pain at all.......... I was VERY happy about it cuz i was just on the verge of popping off financial and would not have to split most of it, and i had hoes...

but

Seriously, everyone even my fam only cared about her feelings.
You know it's tough when your own family sides with "them" instead of their own blood. If they do that, then they really don't give a fukk about you, and is jealous of your success because they are not about anything positive. Trust me, I know.

Am I wrong? :lupe:

chkmeout

marshawn lynch handshake
Daps
Yes true, but have you noticed that when most men talk about divorce on this site, they only really talk about potentially losing money and not about their emotions. Maybe men should change the dialogue to reflect that they are emotional beings too.

:childplease: men are emotional being too....

Dumbass we human also

Plus we got to come with the paper unlike y'all

KenyaDoll

Demonic eyebrows & animal print
Daps
It is a broad generalization about women.

But one that is generally true.

Suppose two people are cheated on.
1 female
1 male

The female is devasted and starts bawling.
The male does the same.

Are we going to act like both reactions are equally acceptable?

Whether it's acceptable depends on your circle and support system. If you don't have anyone to go to and unleash your feelings and frustrations then, IMO, you have a very weak support system.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Whether it's acceptable depends on your circle and support system. If you don't have anyone to go to and unleash your feelings and frustrations then, IMO, you have a very weak support system.
You didn't answer the question.

The context was about generalizations and views regarding emotional reactions between men and women.

It's not about support system.

KenyaDoll

Daps
:childplease: men are emotional being too....

Dumbass we human also

Plus we got to come with the paper unlike y'all

Clearly YOU are the dumbass who lacks reading comprehension skills because that post was clearly stating that y'all are emotional beings but don't talk about it a$$hole.

KenyaDoll

Daps
You didn't answer the question.

The context was about generalizations and views regarding emotional reactions between men and women.

It's not about support system.

I'm sorry. I try not to speak in generalizations given that everything is contextual.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm sorry. I try not to speak in generalizations given that everything is contextual.
Except that it isn't.

There are legitimate, accurate, general ways that men and women are perceived and expected to behave in society.
You aren't even acknowledging that this is true. Which is completely different from whether you agree with it.

It would be like me saying that men are stronger than women. Which is a generalization but generally true.
And it would be like you responding that "It depends on the woman and the man"

Come on, son.

:beli:

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
That's true but as men we have to keep our emotions intact at all times. Women have so many safe havens to run to. Family, media, shyt cops. Lol. But seriously for us we only have a few people we can honestly open up to like that. So when shyt goes wrong it's all boiled up. Dudes hurt just as much as women. But we're always told to man up. Dust it off and keep it moving. The one person we can run to has left us. I'm not saying it isn't hard for women at all but y'all reap the benefits. Like I said change these outdated marriage laws and more dudes will get married.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
not in a million years would I ever
trust a broad enough to marry her.
wat6rr.jpg

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
That's true but as men we have to keep our emotions intact at all times. Women have so many safe havens to run to. Family, media, shyt cops. Lol. But seriously for us we only have a few people we can honestly open up to like that. So when shyt goes wrong it's all boiled up. Dudes hurt just as much as women. But we're always told to man up. Dust it off and keep it moving. The one person we can run to has left us. I'm not saying out isn't hard for women at all but y'all reap the benefits. Like I said change these outdated marriage laws and more dudes will get married.
This. When a marriage fails, all the blame and monetary and custodial penalties fall on the man no matter what happened. I know a couple who divorced because the wife was unfaithful. The judge gave her the house even though he owned the house before they even met. Didn't matter to the judge though.

OC's finest

All Star
Daps
not in a million years would I ever
trust a broad enough to marry her.
wat6rr.jpg

Wait til u get old and :flabbynsick:

And all yo boys is married with kids. And u ain't have no homies to kick it with no more. And u go to the club or bar and everyone looks young as fuk and listens to chief kerf. And u realize u that old creepy dude alone at da bar n shyt.

And da only girls talking to u is the old :flabbynsick: Broads that are divorced and flabby.

KenyaDoll

Daps
Except that it isn't.

There are legitimate, accurate, general ways that men and women are perceived and expected to behave in society.
You aren't even acknowledging that this is true. Which is completely different from whether you agree with it.

It would be like me saying that men are stronger than women. Which is a generalization but generally true.
And it would be like you responding that "It depends on the woman and the man"

Come on, son.

:beli:

Saying that women won't respect a man who shows emotion is generally not true in my experience. Most of the women I come across wish men would open up more.

Daps
Wait til u get old and :flabbynsick:

And all yo boys is married with kids. And u ain't have no homies to kick it with no more. And u go to the club or bar and everyone looks young as fuk and listens to chief kerf. And u realize u that old creepy dude alone at da bar n shyt.

And da only girls talking to u is the old :flabbynsick: Broads that are divorced and flabby.

This is why you go foreign ...