14 men open up about the devastation of divorce...

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And if you have kids.
Gotta leave the matrimonial hone

Ties up in court legal fees

As far as my kids they'll be ok. im going to take care of them...

as far as court fees fukk it, id give her whatever she wanted and I have a secret bank account in my mothers name....($200/mo for the last 8 years)

Mama taught me to protect myself at all times so im ready :jawalrus:

Steve Piffler

I got them CERTS
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Everyone always acts like they will be some emotionless :ehh:

The same nukkaz stressing over why some Thot they took out last week hasn't called her back yet

what nikkaz don't understand is that it's OKAY TO FEEL. if you feel sad, then THAT'S OKAY! if you feel happy and content, then that's okay too. dudes wanna display machismo so much that they end up looking like emotionless retards. men hurt too. we have feelings. we cry, we get angry, we smile, and we get happy. it's part of being human. i'm not pretending i don't give a fukk when deep down inside i do. if my wife cheated on me, i'd be :sadbron::to::mjcry:......without a doubt. but it wouldn't stop me from :camby:. but make no mistake, i'd be crushed emotionally.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Emperor_ReinScarf said:
read your damn link breh

Among marriages that began at ages 15 to 22, 58 percent ended in divorce. Of marriages that began at ages 23 to 28, 43 percent ended in divorce. Of marriages that began at ages 29 to 34, the percentage that ends in divorce declines further to 36 percent.

YOU need to read it since it breaks the whole thing down by age, education level, etc. The ONLY people dealing with that 50% bullshyt y'all keep dropping shouldn't have gotten married in the first place, breh.

Lol @ age 15-22's 1st marriage with no high school diploma being the basis for your whole 'theory'.

:mjlol:

The chance of a marriage ending in divorce decreases as educational attainment rises: over half of the marriages among people who did not complete high school ended in divorce compared with approximately 30 percent of marriages among the college graduates. Moreover, the inverse relationship between probability of divorce and educational attainment remains evident when the data are broken down by age at the start of the marriage.

Last edited:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Came in here to call these dudes simps...but yeah...I got married last year...and if I get divorced I'd feel like I was starting my life over...

Though I also know plenty of people who got divorced and where happy to do it...both men and women...

Guess it depends on the toxicity of the relationship

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Are you tryin to turn people off of marriage with these or somethin? lol if you too stupid to pick the right one to spend the rest of your life with you deserve to get cleaned out, I know a dumbass who married a chick after 3 months of dating. nikkas need to look up that Dopamine effect
lol and your stupid ass needs to look up the overconfidence effect and confirmation bias. keep thinking youre invincible.

like one of the most prominent examples wasnt a person who dated for 6 yrs and married for 18

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Picking the "right one" is pretty much irrelevant since people change over time, you could have the right one today but she could simply change and be a different person 10-15 years from now. The divorce rate is ridiculously high and it's not because everyone is just picking the wrong person, it's because divorce is pretty easy to do now and values in this country are all fukked up.
pretty much. its not just about women but society at large

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I’ve seen my close peers go through so messed up situations. That’s how I learn what to do and what not to do.

My homeboy tried to ignore all the signs before marrying his now ex-wife. This chick only cared about herself and her daughter. The little girl was not his child but he cared for this girl since she was three months. At the time of the separation, the little girl was 5 or 6 years old. His ex-wife pretty much viewed him as a support person. They divorced almost 18 months after the wedding. My homeboys expense because of his ex-wife: $15,000 wedding (loan), $20,000-$25,000 (loan) for a new family truck, honeymoon $5,000, new house $150,000.

Because he was in the little girl life majority of the time he has to pay child support, alimony, and some of the mortgage to the house he once lived in. He just got a new job making some decent money but most of his cash went to his ex-wife. This dude can’t live life like he wants to. He was some much in debt that he had to file for bankruptcy. This nikka is depressed af.

Bruhs, if you have any reservations about the girl you dating, wear a condom and DON’T marry her. It will put you in a financial hole that will cripple yo azz if you have to get a divorce.

All that extravagant stuff was stupid to begin with. My second wife and I got married for about $500. Going through all that pompous shyt is for the birds breh. I'd look back at those pics and start counting all my money spent. One thing that I don't get is how is he stuck with child support when he wasn't around at the exact birth and alimony when he wasn't married that long. Is the father not in the picture? Did she have Phoenix Wright as the lawyer? I'm trying to wrap my head around that simple thing.

You bring up a valid point about dude not being able to live. Honestly, I truly believe that as long of men are forced into situations like this, because of child support, especially us black men, we have a system that abuses us. It's crazy because recipients of child support can count that as income, yet when it comes to us, we can't count that as an expenditure. My child support is the most costly thing in a month. My mortgage is cheaper, my vehicle is cheaper, etc...and I have no say on how that money gets spent. Honestly, child support should come with case managers. In any event, I have 4 more years to go on two of my three kids with my ex-wife. You best believe that countdown is on. I'm not wanting them to be grown, but sure as shyt, my wallet, 401k and savings does. Thankfully, I've been able to make enough to overcome the garbage that the legal system throws at you. Child support is crippling to the vast majority of people that aren't as fortunate.

MCMLXXIX

Rookie
Daps
I think you should be with a woman for at last 10 yrs. I know that seems like a long time, but that's the only type of relationships that seem to have any shot of not ending in a divorce.

Divorce sounds like some type of mental/spiritual death. Those first five points in the OP were just brutal.

My parents dated for 10 years. Still going strong. Ups and downs, but a lot of really good times.

I'm starting to believe you have to be in a relationship for 8-10 years before marriage.

MCMLXXIX

Rookie
Daps
All that extravagant stuff was stupid to begin with. My second wife and I got married for about $500. Going through all that pompous shyt is for the birds breh. I'd look back at those pics and start counting all my money spent. One thing that I don't get is how is he stuck with child support when he wasn't around at the exact birth and alimony when he wasn't married that long. Is the father not in the picture? Did she have Phoenix Wright as the lawyer? I'm trying to wrap my head around that simple thing.

You bring up a valid point about dude not being able to live. Honestly, I truly believe that as long of men are forced into situations like this, because of child support, especially us black men, we have a system that abuses us. It's crazy because recipients of child support can count that as income, yet when it comes to us, we can't count that as an expenditure. My child support is the most costly thing in a month. My mortgage is cheaper, my vehicle is cheaper, etc...and I have no say on how that money gets spent. Honestly, child support should come with case managers. In any event, I have 4 more years to go on two of my three kids with my ex-wife. You best believe that countdown is on. I'm not wanting them to be grown, but sure as shyt, my wallet, 401k and savings does. Thankfully, I've been able to make enough to overcome the garbage that the legal system throws at you. Child support is crippling to the vast majority of people that aren't as fortunate.

The courts do not want tax payers to be stuck with the bill of taking care of a child through any public aid funding, Medicaid, etc. Plus, as my father's friend was told, you took on the child as your own, raised it, so you are responsible. He has four kids during marriage and found out none of them were his and but he was given the bill for child support.

I have to agree with how the support is spent and there should be a means of checks and balances. Where is the money going?