13 Reasons Why - Season 1 Official Thread

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
Ok so rewatching Clay's episode a revelation popped in my head that either I just discovered something deep... or I'm just blowing something out of proportion. I'm watching the episode of Clay listening to his tape and what went down during the party with him and Hannah. As I was watching I was thinking about everything Hannah was saying in this episode and out of nowhere I suddenly came to the conclusion that....

:ohhh:this is not Clay's tape at all, this is Hannah's tape. That tape was herself blaming herself of everything that went down that night and labeling herself with the other people that she blame for her loss of her life and everyone just mistakes it as Clay's tape but that's the deception of it. Hannah herself is #11 of the cassettes on the facts that:

1) She regrets sending Clay out of the room because not only did she gave up the one thing that could have made her truly happy... but had Clay stayed then Jessica and Justin would have never went into that room and possibly the rape on Jessica might not had happened. But since it happened and with her still in the room she blames herself.

2) Had Hannah not sent Clay away she wouldn't have rode with the cheerleader which ultimately lead to Jeff's accident... and she blames herself for it.

3) Hannah point blank says on the tape to Clay "Your name does not belong on this list, but you need to be here if I'm going to tell my story." Key words being "my story". When she was rock bottom and just gave up on life and wrote down her list of names for the tapes Hannah's fragile depressed mind had subconsciously wrote down Clay so she can blame herself and also so Clay can pass on the tapes for her since she would be dead.

:to:People saw it one way but they never thought to see it the other way.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok so rewatching Clay's episode a revelation popped in my head that either I just discovered something deep... or I'm just blowing something out of proportion. I'm watching the episode of Clay listening to his tape and what went down during the party with him and Hannah. As I was watching I was thinking about everything Hannah was saying in this episode and out of nowhere I suddenly came to the conclusion that....

:ohhh:this is not Clay's tape at all, this is Hannah's tape. That tape was herself blaming herself of everything that went down that night and labeling herself with the other people that she blame for her loss of her life and everyone just mistakes it as Clay's tape but that's the deception of it. Hannah herself is #11 of the cassettes on the facts that:

1) She regrets sending Clay out of the room because not only did she gave up the one thing that could have made her truly happy... but had Clay stayed then Jessica and Justin would have never went into that room and possibly the rape on Jessica might not had happened. But since it happened and with her still in the room she blames herself.

2) Had Hannah not sent Clay away she wouldn't have rode with the cheerleader which ultimately lead to Jeff's accident... and she blames herself for it.

3) Hannah point blank says on the tape to Clay "Your name does not belong on this list, but you need to be here if I'm going to tell my story." Key words being "my story". When she was rock bottom and just gave up on life and wrote down her list of names for the tapes Hannah's fragile depressed mind had subconsciously wrote down Clay so she can blame herself and also so Clay can pass on the tapes for her since she would be dead.

:to:People saw it one way but they never thought to see it the other way.

Great write up, I'm glad to see others are appreciating it, at times it felt like I was the only one who recognized how great it was....I can't wait until season 2

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
If You Haven't Started Or Just Started And Are Having Reservations, The First Episode Or Two Come Across Cheesy And The Acting Sucks But It Really Takes Off And Gets Better And You Get Sucked Into It

Donald Trumps Twitter

Divine Infinite Commander King
Daps
Reppin
Space Force 1
I read this book in 2012, I liked it a lot, but it is essentially young adult fiction, though it reads like a more polished work, then say a Nany Drew novel. The NY Times review was pretty harsh, with some (assumedly) valid complaints, I may have to at least check out the pilot. One of the main issues they took was that it was much easier to suspend disbelief while reading, then watching, and the aspect to have him listen to one tape at a time.

"Instead he listens to the recordings one at a time, and keeps confronting the other characters — quizzing them, arguing with them, fighting with them — without knowing the whole story, or his own role in it, even though he could find out with just a few hours of binge listening. It makes no sense as anything but a plot device, and you’ll find yourself, like Clay’s antagonists, yelling at him to listen to the rest of tapes already" :laff:

Glad i didnt read the books, it always ruins the movie/tv show because in books we are creating our own visuals mentally.

I liked the flow of it, although to me the end was really rushed.

I liked how they showed clay struggling with guilt throughout each episode, which has you thinking so many things about him leading up to his tape.

the photog that had the automatic in the trunk.. How does that play into a (potential) season 2?

Donald Trumps Twitter

Daps
Reppin
Space Force 1
I agree with the ending of what you posted. At the beginning I was a huge fan of Clay, but he has become annoying and ridiculous. He is going around judging everyone but his awkward ass stood around and was too weak to stand up for her and actually be her friend. I can't wait until they get to his tape

I look at it as fate.

Whenever clay was about to make his move life intervened.

There were some moments when you were like "aww come on clay wtf" but i look at that as him never having a girlfriend before, so ofc he had that awkardness to him.

he couldnt pick up on the signals until it was too late :mjcry:

Also how does the mom and dad factor in, although supportive and loving, they were just WAAAAY too invested into their store and their battle with Walplex.

I need a second season to shed more light on the counselor, i feel like his mentality (since he said he came from the hood) was more like "what kind of problems could these suburban kids possibly have" but they never give too much insight into him.

I dont think he was in the wrong either, because as he had stated, he needed a name and a crime in order to talk to the authorities. Or else it would've all been purely speculation and hearsay.

This show needs a second season, and if you dont care for it, dont watch it lol

Donald Trumps Twitter

Daps
Reppin
Space Force 1
Alex was the boy who shot himself...I think there was 2-3 episodes that could have went over 2 tapes instead of one. The ending didn't feel rushed at all

What???

I feel like it was purposely rushed to build speculation (and hype for another season)

Yeah that whole scene was pissing me off, to leave and expect the counselor to run after her was shameful...The same way when she went off on Clay at the party...She really wanted him to stay but majority of guys would have left just like she instructed. She wants teenagers to be mind readers

I think this is how women are in general. Ive been through situations when a girl was yelling at me to get the fukk out and later on she admits that she wanted me to stay.

Idk its just a fukked up situation because clay was doing what he was asked to do.

Its a slippery slope though because it seems women are sending mixed signals hoping the right guy picks up on them, and maybe thats where some issues can stem.

Every male will react different to certain things. One male can see a woman smile and think "friendship" another man can see the same woman smile and think "she wants me"

Idk but I feel like there is a lesson to be learned here, on the female side. She could have did a bit more to show clay how she felt too, instead of waiting on clay to get it right.