13 Reasons Why - Season 1 Official Thread

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
I'm rewatching the show and something popped in my head.... outside of Clay and Tony there was nobody that Hannah trust to go to for help. Why didn't she call her girl Kat? I know she moved away but Hannah could have easily skyped her when she was at her lowest. I know season 1 left a lot of questions to be answered in season 2, I hope they answer that question.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Show is coming under a lot of scrutiny because parents of kids are saying it contributed to their children's suicides.

Schools and psychologists are sending out warnings about the show, saying it romanticizes suicide.

But it really seems like a well-written,poignant series.

Educators and school psychologists raise alarms about ‘13 Reasons Why’
A show teaching people that you should be nicer and think about how your actions effect people is now romanticizing suicide :beli: smh

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
Jessica went through way worse. She could have went to the police. The way she over reacted with the Asian dude makes me think it was depression and bipolar disorder unnoticed.
I wonder does Tyler have the same thing? :ohhh:Would explain why he has the dracos hidden in his room

Edit: Does Clay have that? We know he used to be on the pills before he stopped taking them, plus his mom desperately wanted him to go back to therapy

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
Despite the rating, this is clearly a show targeted to teens...

And with the core audience in mind it's easy to see how this can lead to a lot of copy cat cases. Because during the entire season no other option looked viable or for that matter even mentioned.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Despite the rating, this is clearly a show targeted to teens...

And with the core audience in mind it's easy to see how this can lead to a lot of copy cat cases. Because during the entire season no other option looked viable or for that matter even mentioned.

Other options were mentioned!

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
This show is so trash brehs (I didn't even finish episode 1), some girl tried to put me on this shyt...safe to say she won't be picking what we watching next :mjlol:

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
Other options were mentioned!

Were they really though? The only time I remember her talking to an adult about anything she was so quick to dismiss him that it just made everything inevitable.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Were they really though? The only time I remember her talking to an adult about anything she was so quick to dismiss him that it just made everything inevitable.

That might be the point tho. Her parents was always arguing about money and the store and other bullshyt and she didn't feel like she could talk to them, every time she did they was like "maybe later :camby: " so she just falls deeper and deeper into depression and then her last attempt at talkin to an adult it's already too late. homie didn't do a great job but I felt either way she was gonna do it.

It's more a lesson to these parents that they need to stay on top of what the fukk their kids are up to. I liked how Clay's parents were like "don't drink on a school night" like they knew that type of shyt was unavoidable but they at least did try to find out what was goin on in his life. Her parents didn't do shyt