13 Reasons Why - Season 1 Official Thread

Sensitive Christian Grey

The Fisher King
Daps
Reppin
Welsh Hills
I liked Ryan. He was a complete a$$hole but I still liked him. Dude was funny:russ:and I aint even fault him for printing her poem anonymously :manny:

The way he kept cracking up when everyone shat on Courtney when they all met up :dead:

But I'm trying to remember what Justin did to be criminalised - was it that he was an accessory to Jess' rape, or that he didn't report it?

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The way he kept cracking up when everyone shat on Courtney when they all met up :dead:

But I'm trying to remember what Justin did to be criminalised - was it that he was an accessory to Jess' rape, or that he didn't report it?

Honestly, it seems like Justin's main issue was trying to keep Jessica from finding out about the rape.

lepard

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

In addition to that, Justin also never said "Hannah and I didn't fukk, or even get to second base" when his friends found the picture of her on his phone.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
:dahell: this broad has a lot of confidence and she's decent looking, what's going on here..
It's a ball that spirals out of control.

You're going to get to a point where you're like "wtf why is thta such a big deal?" But that's the point of the series. To show you what your dismissive tone and actions do to people who are depressed.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Honestly, it seems like Justin's main issue was trying to keep Jessica from finding out about the rape.

Law enforcement is definitely going to nail him with accessory to rape. Prob gonna hit him with a host of drug, alcohol, and kidnapping charges.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Law enforcement is definitely going to nail him with accessory to rape. Prob gonna hit him with a host of drug, alcohol, and kidnapping charges.

I don't think he fully understood all that and IIRC he offered to go to the cops and I know he offered to off my man. His main issue really seemed to be keeping her from finding out and then trying to make it up to her after the fact.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
how da fukk is this short lil cac bytch getting a bball scholarship? Who is he JJ Reddik? :mjlol:
Sports in TV shows and movies are almost always terribly represented, especially in teen shyt.

The star receiver will be some white kid 5'8 150 lbs with a scholarship to Ohio State or some shyt:camby::mjlol:

And don't get me started on plots related to "the big game" or any of the minor shyt that causes them to have their dads yell "you lost your full ride scholarship son:damn:"

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
But they didn't. With all due respect to "her truth" that ain't how suicide works. Plenty of folks are isolated and unpopular or even bullied and don't kill themselves. Suicide is the result of mental illness, not being called names or embarrassed.

Word another drawback I had about this show is that for a 13 episode series, with each episode lasting 1 hour, we rarely, if ever,see Hannah go through prolonged periods of depression. You see a snippet of sadness at the coffee shop. You see her cry at her locker. She has these outbursts of emotion. But throughout the entire show she's a relatively happy teenager. This meshes well with the public consensus that her suicide is a shock, but it plays terribly when you realize that we saw absolutely no pain and sadness from her until AFTER she walks out of her high school that last time.

So we miss the agony of her sitting outside Tyler's bedroom. We miss the slow walks to the gas station. We completely miss the broken spirited Hannah.

Could it have been shot differently? I'm not so sure. The fukkn show is already 13 god damn hours long.

To really capture those moods it would have to be a show like Degrassi and not a mini-series.