13 Reasons Why - Season 1 Official Thread

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Also these kids are wild snitching on themselves in these depositions. :francis:

Cats stay talking about killing someone. Premeditation dummies. Y'all don't know how to keep your mouths shut. Saying mean stupid shyt off the cuff about others is how y'all got in this mess in the first place. :gucci:

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
The shyt I hated the most about this show is that everyone thinks that they're equally accountable or liable.

Like no you dorks, that's not how the criminal justice system works. This isn't a homocide or bank robbery. You're not all getting the same time. The fact some of these dumb muhfukkas really grouped themselves with a stalker and a rapist is wild as fukk. First shyt out of my mouth would've been, "Yo b I'm getting community service at max. Unleash the flutes on them guru."

Your name being on the tape means nothing. Colluding among each other and hiding evidence is going to get you jail time.

I'd have to throw hands with any dumb fukk face that passed the tapes to me and made me a unwilling part of their conspiracy. The fukk is wrong with you nikkas.
:mjlol:

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The shyt I hated the most about this show is that everyone thinks that they're equally accountable or liable.

Like no you dorks, that's not how the criminal justice system works. This isn't a homocide or bank robbery. You're not all getting the same time. The fact some of these dumb muhfukkas really grouped themselves with a stalker and a rapist is wild as fukk. First shyt out of my mouth would've been, "Yo b I'm getting community service at max. Unleash the flutes on them guru."

Your name being on the tape means nothing. Colluding among each other and hiding evidence is going to get you jail time.

I'd have to throw hands with any dumb fukk face that passed the tapes to me and made me a unwilling part of their conspiracy. The fukk is wrong with you nikkas.

I'm sitting here the whole time like "what did these nikkas do?" :lupe: I'm thinking these fukkers all did some heinous shyt that they have to cover up. Turns out they were they were either gay, creepy, or inconsiderate a$$holes ie not criminals or close to it (well the stalking is illegal). Speaking of contrived plot devices...that's another one. If I tried to get some box and got turned down and called ol girl some names and you raped a bytch...we not in the same weight class :russ:. Matter fact ain't no "we" in that and it seems like young Dan Savage was the only one who recognized this.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I'm sitting here the whole time like "what did these nikkas do?" :lupe: I'm thinking these fukkers all did some heinous shyt that they have to cover up. Turns out they were they were either gay, creepy, or inconsiderate a$$holes ie not criminals or close to it (well the stalking is illegal). Speaking of contrived plot devices...that's another one. If I tried to get some box and got turned down and called ol girl some names and you raped a bytch...we not in the same weight class :russ:. Matter fact ain't no "we" in that and it seems like young Dan Savage was the only one who recognized this.

I remember at some point in the earlier episodes when they all kept meeting up like the kids from I Know What You Did Last Summer, I was coming up with wild ass conspiracy theories to explain their behavior like, "Maybe Hannah was murdered by them before she could kill herself?:ohhh:"

They all seemed equally nervous so it made me think that they had done some shyt together and had to cover it up:mjcry:

I mean I get that the show is trying to say they they are all, in fact, complicit in establishing the environment of bullying but nah....it doesn't explain how they were all on some "we're in this together:sadcam:" bullshyt when some of them are legit criminals and the others are just a$$holes

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Like Jess, criminally she couldn't have been charged with shyt. Getting into it with a friend over some boy and slapping her, no one would give a shyt.

What would her parents did to her in a civil suit:dwillhuh:

She would've been good, especially after playing the tape where Hannah describes watching Jess get raped

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.

I remember at some point in the earlier episodes when they all kept meeting up like the kids from I Know What You Did Last Summer, I was coming up with wild ass conspiracy theories to explain their behavior like, "Maybe Hannah was murdered by them before she could kill herself?:ohhh:"

They all seemed equally nervous so it made me think that they had done some shyt together and had to cover it up:mjcry:

I mean I get that the show is trying to say they they are all, in fact, complicit in establishing the environment of bullying but nah....it doesn't explain how they were all on some "we're in this together:sadcam:" bullshyt when some of them are legit criminals and the others are just a$$holes
What I took from it was that they all felt they had futures and it would be ruined because they played a part in her dying and had a tape of they part

lepard

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like Jess, criminally she couldn't have been charged with shyt. Getting into it with a friend over some boy and slapping her, no one would give a shyt.

She would've been good, especially after playing the tape where Hannah describes watching Jess get raped

Agreed... I'd also include Zack in that bubble.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Finally finished this shyt. It was pretty dope. I hate super obvious plot devices though.

Nice job of showing you around the town and getting to meet a lot of new characters.

I feel the show was about 3-5 episodes too long. However, I think I feel that way in part because a) we know that Clay has all the tapes b) Clay refuses to finish the tapes in one fukkn sitting.

Clays insufferable ignorance and naivety made it hard to watch. Luckily I get to work from home and I could use the background noise.

The guidance counselor fukked up and should lose his job. I don't have any ill will. I don't think he's a bad person like everyone else on the show. However, of all people he should know suicidal tendencies. What's the point of you being there if you can't pick that up? I rather you overreact. Same shyt in the medical field. I rather you call for additional resources and not need them, than to be caught with a shortage. Suicidal people or people with depression are always doing things to reach out for help. As a guidance counselor he should've known that. The moment you tell me you're thinking about ending your life or something similar, I have to document it and send you for psych eval.

But clearly, he's not THE REASON. Bryce, Justin, and Tyler have to do the most time in jail hands down. I think everyone else gets probation or community service. Courtney is probably fukked the most out of the lesser offenders because she's 18.

I believe they had to make this 13 episodes so that they could document as many commonly overlooked scenarios to foster discussions after the show. Otherwise, this would've just been Law & Order: SVU. Every time you said, "Oh my god I can't believe...." you validated Hannah's belief that killing herself was the only way out. I'm more than positive the entire show was based on 13 true events.

I really hated that they juxtaposed Clay's almost sexual event with Jessica getting raped. Hated it. You completely tanked your own premise which is that we shouldn't victim blame. Any man whose been in Clay's situation knows that that nikka was fukkn SHOOK. In reality he wasn't embarrassed. In reality he wouldn't have gone outside and complained about getting cold feet to Jeff. That man would've been pacing around like, "Yo yo..this bytch is crazy man...I ain't do shyt...yo what if someone saw and thinks I tried to rape her." To do that before Jessica's scene was terrible.

Wild thing is everyone INCLUDING HANNAH contributed to Alex shooting himself. Clay is probably going to get hit with charges for sending that naked picture of Tyler. He's also going to get hit with the blame when Tyler eventually shoots up the school.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If I tried to get some box and got turned down and called ol girl some names and you raped a bytch...we not in the same weight class :russ:. Matter fact ain't no "we" in that and it seems like young Dan Savage was the only one who recognized this.

You would think a valedictorian whose all about getting around the rules would understand that.

:heh: that's what I'm saying! That shyt pissed me off when Justin - Justin of all people - told Clay, "Whatever happens to us, happens to you."
Um....no nikka
tenor.gif

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What I took from it was that they all felt they had futures and it would be ruined because they played a part in her dying and had a tape of they part

But they didn't. With all due respect to "her truth" that ain't how suicide works. Plenty of folks are isolated and unpopular or even bullied and don't kill themselves. Suicide is the result of mental illness, not being called names or embarrassed. You got "losers" that live long healthy lives and rich, famous, celebrated people that kill themselves. I get that them as teenagers wouldn't necessarily understand all that, but they should at least know that nothing that they did is on par with rape AND that as minors they have certain protections under the law. Only ones who were facing any legal issues, before the criminal conspiracy of course, were Tyler, Sherri (if my :cape: didn't work), and the rapist and I guess Justin too. And Tyler and Sherri based on their ages and records would likely not have this follow them into adulthood. But they weren't even the main ones that were tripping. It was fukking Ryan and Courtney that were so worried about their futures. Don't nobody give a fukk about you calling a girl a "slut" or being a lesbian.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
But they didn't. With all due respect to "her truth" that ain't how suicide works. Plenty of folks are isolated and unpopular or even bullied and don't kill themselves. Suicide is the result of mental illness, not being called names or embarrassed. You got "losers" that live long healthy lives and rich, famous, celebrated people that kill themselves. I get that them as teenagers wouldn't necessarily understand all that, but they should at least know that nothing that they did is on par with rape AND that as minors they have certain protections under the law. Only ones who were facing any legal issues, before the criminal conspiracy of course, were Tyler, Sherri (if my :cape: didn't work), and the rapist and I guess Justin too. And Tyler and Sherri based on their ages and records would likely not have this follow them into adulthood. But they weren't even the main ones that were tripping. It was fukking Ryan and Courtney that were so worried about their futures. Don't nobody give a fukk about you calling a girl a "slut" or being a lesbian.
Look at how clay looked at them and he had a tape. Everybody else would have look at them trash

RhymesWell

All Star
Daps

Word I thought they gang raped her or something demonic like that

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Look at how clay looked at them and he had a tape. Everybody else would have look at them trash

Half that shyt was done in public or everyone else played a role in it. If everybody else gave a fukk about her ass, she would still be alive (according to the story, not real life and the way suicide actually works) Clay was in love with the girl so of course he hated them. No college or job is gonna care about that shyt.

BlackXCL

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
t.
The black student council guy though, completely incompetent. It hit me hard when he let her walk out that room.. My dude, answer the phone later. :gucci:

I mighta cut some onions when the parents found her dead body in the tub.[/spoilers] Heavy, heavy scene. :mjcry: