13 Reasons Why - Season 1 Official Thread

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is every kid in a that school a fukking psychopath or sociopath? :dahell: I get that kids are self-centered but damn these muthafukkas were monsters. People getting raped and dying but these b*stards worried about coming out or being a creep or not being cast in the best light? Also is "slut shaming" still a thing in high school? The way these young broads dress and dance and fukk, an upskirt picture on a slide and rumors that you fukked a star athlete are really gonna ruin your reputation like that in 2017? Same thing with the gay shyt, especially for girls. Not being a smart ass. Serious question.

Show had it's moments but it pandered a little too much for my tastes. Also, outside of technology, it didn't seem like it was set in modern times (I could be wrong, this could be the case in smaller, predominantly white little towns). And I gotta be honest, Hannah was annoying as fukk. Can you be more melodramatic than recording a fukking series of tapes to leave behind after to kill yourself? You got all this insight and all this shyt to say but you got nothing to say to the people that are genuinely concerned?

The Hannah/Clay shyt was the biggest bullshyt. All Clay ever did was be nice to her ass and be there for her. The moment he gets tired of her bullshyt "he's the person that killed her"? :camby: Now this dude walking around feeling guilty, trying to avenge her death when if anything, she did his ass wrong at every turn and he's the only truly innocent person in the whole story. "Bu...bu..but he didn't step in when the guys, some of which I chose to hang out with over him mind you, where picking on me". This was some real misandrist bullshyt. Guy and girl have similar issues, all the girl's shortcomings aren't her fault, the guy is responsible not only for his own shyt but for the broads too :gucci:

C-Styles

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Windy City
just got into this sh*t maddd late, where the F*ck was i at?? But seriously, Clay p*sses me off at times with his awkward mannerisms and how he handles things. I really hate that this idiot kept the tapes to himself and not hand it to her parents where that could've been the ammo they needed to win the case if anything.

C-Styles

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Windy City
Finished watching it... as that clueless awkward guy growing up, I feel for clay. He had his dream girl and neither knew what to do and now she's dead. I thought Hannah was beautiful, I'm a cac she's right up my alley. I really hope Bryce faces justice, then gets raped in prison. They Courtney chick is easily one of the most annoying POS characters in television history. Her and Marcus with his head looking like this
2j3ibdx.jpg
we're such unlikable people. Justin is a punk, how you let your girl get raped ? His mom's bf probably knows he's a punk. The guidance councillor was incredibly inept at his job, kids were like are you really a guidance councillor and he goes no but I stayed at a holiday inn express last night .
The suicide scene was so hard to watch, as a parent my heart broke when her parents walked in

:laff::laff::laff:

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
Is every kid in a that school a fukking psychopath or sociopath? :dahell: I get that kids are self-centered but damn these muthafukkas were monsters. People getting raped and dying but these b*stards worried about coming out or being a creep or not being cast in the best light? Also is "slut shaming" still a thing in high school? The way these young broads dress and dance and fukk, an upskirt picture on a slide and rumors that you fukked a star athlete are really gonna ruin your reputation like that in 2017? Same thing with the gay shyt, especially for girls. Not being a smart ass. Serious question.

Show had it's moments but it pandered a little too much for my tastes. Also, outside of technology, it didn't seem like it was set in modern times (I could be wrong, this could be the case in smaller, predominantly white little towns). And I gotta be honest, Hannah was annoying as fukk. Can you be more melodramatic than recording a fukking series of tapes to leave behind after to kill yourself? You got all this insight and all this shyt to say but you got nothing to say to the people that are genuinely concerned?

The Hannah/Clay shyt was the biggest bullshyt. All Clay ever did was be nice to her ass and be there for her. The moment he gets tired of her bullshyt "he's the person that killed her"? :camby: Now this dude walking around feeling guilty, trying to avenge her death when if anything, she did his ass wrong at every turn and he's the only truly innocent person in the whole story. "Bu...bu..but he didn't step in when the guys, some of which I chose to hang out with over him mind you, where picking on me". This was some real misandrist bullshyt. Guy and girl have similar issues, all the girl's shortcomings aren't her fault, the guy is responsible not only for his own shyt but for the broads too :gucci:
To be fair she never blamed Clay and admitted she was the one who fukked up with him
He was just an awkward simp and blamed himself, and we were watching from his perspective

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To be fair she never blamed Clay and admitted she was the one who fukked up with him
He was just an awkward simp and blamed himself, and we were watching from his perspective

Fake Bruno Mars did. And he was Mr. All-knowing in regards to "Hannah's truth". That's who I was referring to. IIRC she did say something towards the end about Clay as well but I could be wrong.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
But Clay blames himself. He even had a fantasy of confessing to her his feelings that ends with her saying "why didn't you tell me this when I was alive?" Even if she said "it's not your fault", her method of presenting it still served to make him feel guilty, or that he could have saved her if only he had known the perfect words to say.

Separate from that though is the writing of the earlier episodes, when everyone was like "wait till you get to your tape Clay." That was some contrived bullshyt.

Last edited:

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
But Clay blames himself. He even had a fantasy of confessing to her his feelings that ends with her saying "why didn't you tell me this when I was alive?" Even if she said "it's not your fault", her method of presenting it still served to make him feel guilty, or that he could have saved her if only he had known the perfect words to say.

Separate from that though is the writing of the earlier episodes, when everyone was like "wait till you get to your tape Clay." That was some contrived bullshyt.
Super contrived. That was clearly a plot device to get us the viewer to stick around for 11 fukkn episodes. That was a bullshyt reveal.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The entire show was contrived. Bryce was a psychopathic predator. Mr. Porter was incompetent. Beyond that I don't see anyone else contributing to her suicide. I'm thinking they are gonna delve into mental health issues that contribute to suicide and it was just typical teenage bullshyt (sexual assault aside). Were some kids mean to her? Yes. Was she isolated? Yes. Was her isolation her fault to a degree? Yes. They basically took the typical teenage girl's story-insecure, lonely, chasing the wrong guys, ignoring the right guy, girl drama- and tried to act like it was some super deep shyt that explains suicide.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
The entire show was contrived. Bryce was a psychopathic predator. Mr. Porter was incompetent. Beyond that I don't see anyone else contributing to her suicide. I'm thinking they are gonna delve into mental health issues that contribute to suicide and it was just typical teenage bullshyt (sexual assault aside). Were some kids mean to her? Yes. Was she isolated? Yes. Was her isolation her fault to a degree? Yes. They basically took the typical teenage girl's story-insecure, lonely, chasing the wrong guys, ignoring the right guy, girl drama- and tried to act like it was some super deep shyt that explains suicide.
One of the biggest failures is not addressing mental health in any way. The word "depression" was never even mentioned once by anyone.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
The shyt I hated the most about this show is that everyone thinks that they're equally accountable or liable.

Like no you dorks, that's not how the criminal justice system works. This isn't a homocide or bank robbery. You're not all getting the same time. The fact some of these dumb muhfukkas really grouped themselves with a stalker and a rapist is wild as fukk. First shyt out of my mouth would've been, "Yo b I'm getting community service at max. Unleash the flutes on them guru."

Your name being on the tape means nothing. Colluding among each other and hiding evidence is going to get you jail time.

I'd have to throw hands with any dumb fukk face that passed the tapes to me and made me a unwilling part of their conspiracy. The fukk is wrong with you nikkas.