13 Reasons Why - Season 1 Official Thread

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Then this bytch has the nerve to come to his job all willy nilly like shyt is sweet and didn't even apologize or explain herself to that boy. That's some really wicked shyt she did to Clay.
In her defense I think she was attempting to at the theater but Clay was in his bag over Jeff so he wasn't trying to hear it. Plus she wasn't at Jeff's funeral so you know he wasn't feeling that.

Daps
The CYA thing... and if Hannah really wanted help, there were plenty of people more than willing to help...

Again breh, there is an official protocol in place in most schools for this kind of stuff. I believe it's form 51A in Boston Public Schools. These protocols didn't exist a few decades ago, they were added over time as schools needed to shield themselves from liability (and of course to try to prevent this stuff from falling through the cracks).

I'm not saying that it would've completely shielded the school in this fictitious example, but it definitely would've helped their case. A court still could rule that their current protocol didn't go far enough.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't see how anybody defending the counselor could have children or be around them....and I don't have kids. That young lady was troubled no matter how you cut it. A girl says "I wan't life to stop".....your reaction should be :picard: not :dame:

Exactly...There are still defenders of the counselor, unexcusable!

lepard

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't see how anybody defending the counselor could have children or be around them....and I don't have kids. That young lady was troubled no matter how you cut it. A girl says "I wan't life to stop".....your reaction should be :picard: not :dame:

Maybe I'll have to rewatch it, but he did react with concern when she said "I want it to stop". Hannah wasn't going to be saved that day, it was too late, she had already made up her mind. She was intentionally not answering questions or kinda beating around the bush.

The counselor's issue was not reporting it... and there was obviously something happening at his home hence all of the calls.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe I'll have to rewatch it, but he did react with concern when she said "I want it to stop". Hannah wasn't going to be saved that day, it was too late, she had already made up her mind. She was intentionally not answering questions or kinda beating around the bush.

The counselor's issue was not reporting it... and there was obviously something happening at his home hence all of the calls.

Only thing going on was his newborn baby

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
The counselor's issue was not reporting it...
That is really only point I and most of the others are coming from. She most likely couldn't be saved in that moment but there's still due diligence. From the convos and his actions he obviously did not share their meeting with anybody which will definitely cost him his job.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps

Ehh. I understand what you're saying. Most kids joke about "I want to kill myself" all the time, but she asked for his help hinted at committing suicide then talked about a possible rape. Then she stepped out and killed herself and this dude is going around pointing fingers at everyone and acting all innocent. It should have been a top priority. Notice how quick he was to reacting to weed though. Just saying his passive feigning concern was everything you shouldn't do in that position.

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
How can anyone sympathize with this bytch until that rape scene? The World is better off without her. :dead:

What kind of weak bytch keeps quiet while her friend is being raped? :hhh:

Or snapping on Clay after dragging him into the bedroom. I can't believe this show actually tries to convince us Clay could've done more than he did when she was a second away from calling him a rapist.

I lost all respect for her after she didn't do anything about my nikka Jeff's death too. :to:

Antwone Fisher has to be the WOAT counselor by the way. This stupid bytch was pouring her heart out & dude was so nonchalant about it. :dead:

Tyler the creep gawd bout to Top Season 1. :blessed:

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
im sayin she didnt want help to begin with, which is why she secretly recorded the conversation. not to mention she didnt record the first 12 tapes to quit her mission at the very end

The whole shows subject over yours and a lot of people's head

People who are suicidal DO want help. But because of their mental predicament, they cannot come out and say it directly.

She even told the councillor she was basically raped. You can see how hard it was for her. And he just palmed her away

This is why good therapists earn good mo yeah. As they essentially draw their client into comfort to speak openly.

She wanted help. But no one could see it