13 Reasons Why - Season 1 Official Thread

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Man....the last episode. I had it spoiled for me on accident but it still hit me like a ton of bricks. Like everything from the bathroom scene on I was just despondent. Never had a show hit me like this :mjcry: . I felt so horrible for Clay too in the episode about his tape.

Rosecrans

CPT
Supporter
Daps
This show dragged on.

I found myself skipping scenes just so I could get through to see the payoff in the last few episodes.

Up until her rape, Hannah was a selfish drama queen that resorted to attempting to get post-death recognition and fame from her high school classmates.

Most of her reasons were petty bullshyt.

I'm looking forward to seeing that young cac unload the clip in season 2 though :sas2:

Rosecrans

CPT
Supporter
Daps
caping for some manipulative c*nt that made it her life decision to try to permanently scar 13 other people.

Dap and rep
My nikka I need these entitled cacs high from spice and bath salts just going wild spraying up schools and all types of wild shyt om on episode 12 I can't believe how people have hyped this.

It's watchable but it's bland cookie cutter bullshyt. Seems like some aftescholol special on suicide

THANK YOU! It doesn't dig deep beyond the surface.

:salute:

fukk this overrated trash

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I wonder else did Hannah lie on the tape?. Cause she was lied on Zack part when Zack kept the paper to himself.
Yeah that's something that could be explored and I forgot about it until you mentioned it. She went on with this dialogue about Zach saying he crumbled the paper and ran off like a bytch but truth is he kept it and had strong feelings for Hannah. She lied.

As far as romanticizing suicide, I think it's true. Kids like Hannah and clay who aren't as popular, and are also ostracized from the "cool kids" often wish they were the center of attention. What better way to get that attention even from beyond the grave by doing something like this.

My problem with this show is, it was suppose to show HS kids how to treat each other better when in our society ADULTS treat each other like shyt. So you expect some 14-17 yr olds to be litmus test for exhibiting model behavior. It will not happen.

I graduated HS in the early 00's before cellphones were popular and no social media. Its way worse now as it relates to bullying.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Kids bully in elementary school too. That was the worst bullying I received from a psychological perspective. My worst bully got hit by a vehicle when crossing the street for the school bus and I was actually happy about it because they were out of school for a while.
Yeah. shyt was gravy for me in middle and high school but form a psychological perspective I don't think I ever fully recovered from the bullying I took in 4th/5th grade. shyt made me afraid to talk to people on a certain level.

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
I saw the show and mostly enjoy it. However I, as an adult, see how the show does romanticise suicide and can be dangerous for kids and teens who are already on edge.

In all honesty though....if your kid gets pushed off the edge by a tv show, he/she was already on the edge and you were ignoring warning signs. Like Hannah's parents.

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
I'm positive this show will spark the interest for many teens to commit suicide. Copycat suicide is a real thing. And 13 Reasons does romanticize it in many ways - mainly getting revenge on those who have wronged you, Hannah "living on" through her tapes, literally as a character and narrator of the show, and being able to become the center of attention. For some kids, this may sound appealing to them.

They just might choose something other than slitting their wrist:francis:
Coming from someone who has been highly depressive and suicidal
What normal person is gonna kill themself cause of a tv show
Something has to have gone very amiss in your life/brain to go against your #1 human instinct