13 Reasons Why - Season 1 Official Thread

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If I'm Jess, I'm going fukk Hannah. I'm one of the reasons you killed yourself because we had a falling out over a boy, even though we patched shyt up, but you watched me get raped, didn't tell me, the authorities, said nothing while I continued to hang out with my rapist and made me listen to a bunch of tapes to find out I was raped:dahell:

Last edited:

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
What Jess suffered was horrible but she subconsciously knew and was self destructing over it. Sure Hannah could've handled it differently but she would've just imploded at a later date after years of denial without the tapes.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
What Jess suffered was horrible but she subconsciously knew and was self destructing over it. Sure Hannah could've handled it differently but she would've just imploded at a later date after years of denial without the tapes.
Sure, but I think he was moreso saying Hannah lost the moral high ground with Jess the moment she witnessed her rape, did nothing, and kept it to herself. Also, having it on a tape for all to listen to after you offed yourself is one of the more fukked up ways I can think of to reveal something like that to someone.

Family Man

Banned
Daps
If I'm Jess, I'm going fukk Hannah. I'm one of the reasons you killed yourself because we had a falling out over a boy, even though were patched shyt up, but you watched me get raped, didn't tell me, the authorities, said nothing while I continued to hang out with my rapist and made me listen to a bunch of tapes to find out I was raped:dahell:
Right. I see all these hipsters and milllenials on Facebook blindly praising this shyt and making Hannah martyr. Hannah's character was more complicated than just some chick that killed herself. She was an a$$hole too.

This show can be dangerous for those who don't have enough perspective or unwilling to scratch below the surface. Hannah deserves sympathy but she wasn't a sympathetic or heroic character that a lot of these airheads are portraying her to be.

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Sure, but I think he was moreso saying Hannah lost the moral high ground with Jess the moment she witnessed her rape, did nothing, and kept it to herself. Also, having it on a tape for all to listen to after you offed yourself is one of the more fukked up ways I can think of to reveal something like that to someone.
I get that....I admitted that she could've handled it better. I just feel like there's a few people expecting considerate rational decisions from a broken person mentally committed to ending their life.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I get that....I admitted that she could've handled it better. I just feel like there's a few people expecting considerate rational decisions from a broken person mentally committed to ending their life.

Cosign, you get it

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On my phone so I can't say much but,

And I agree with this, but I feel like people excuse Hannah's questionable decisions by pointing to her age or emotional issues she had, while ignoring that majority on her list, excluding absolute pieces of shyt like Bryce, are the same age and dealing with shyt.

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
On my phone so I can't say much but,

And I agree with this, but I feel like people excuse Hannah's questionable decisions by pointing to her age or emotional issues she had, while ignoring that majority on her list, excluding absolute pieces of shyt like Bryce, are the same age and dealing with shyt.
To me that's the whole point. We can't keep allowing age or it being the norm for people to be pieces of sh!t to each other.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Hannah is a victim, it's that mentality that allowed Jess to get raped and herself to get raped. this is common amongst victims of abuse and abusers like bryce can smell it on them and take advantage. not saying she's right for not stopping the rape but people like her freeze up in those situations instead of fighting back. Justin is the biggest bytch in this situation.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Hannah is a victim, it's that mentality that allowed Jess to get raped and herself to get raped. this is common amongst victims of abuse and abusers like bryce can smell it on them and take advantage. not saying she's right for not stopping the rape but people like her freeze up in those situations instead of fighting back. Justin is the biggest bytch in this situation.
Hannah had not been raped to that point, so I'm not sure what common behavior among abuse victims you are referring to.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Hannah had not been raped to that point, so I'm not sure what common behavior among victims you are referring to.
I'm not saying she had been raped before but I have a feeling she had been abused in some fashion before all this due to the way she behaves like a victim, and choosing the wrong guys constantly. she was attracted to abusers, again, very common amongst people who have been victimized.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I'm not saying she had been raped before but I have a feeling she had been abused in some fashion before all this due to the way she behaves like a victim, and choosing the wrong guys constantly. she was attracted to abusers, again, very common amongst people who have been victimized.
Well, you're speculating about Hannah's pre-rape abuse. But we know for a fact that Justin was involved in a dysfunctional, violent, drug abusive home. Yet you still called him the biggest bytch in the situation. In either event I'm not downplaying the sort of irrational and or immoral behavior and decisions that came come from teens that have been abused. I'm just pointing out that whatever high ground Hannah thought she had, she gave up with Jess through all of her actions from the night of the party onward. That tape itself becomes an extension of how selfishness, imo, in regards to Jess.

On another note, that whole Jess reveal was the highpoint of the show for me. I thought it would have been much more interesting if the reason Hannah killed herself culminated in her not helping Jess and the immense guilt she felt. I thought it was less interesting (though still obviously a sad and powerful scene) when we later found it it was her own rape that pushed her past the point of no return. It sort of pushed Jess' rape to the background, and made the rape discussion much more about Hannah. I get it but it was a little less interesting.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Well, you're speculating about Hannah's pre-rape abuse. But we know for a fact that Justin was involved in a dysfunctional, violent, drug abusive home. Yet you still called him the biggest bytch in the situation. In either event I'm not downplaying the sort of irrational and or immoral behavior and decisions that came come from teens that have been abused. I'm just pointing out that whatever high ground Hannah thought she had, she gave up with Jess through all of her actions from the night of the party onward. That tape itself becomes an extension of how selfishness, imo, in regards to Jess.

On another note, that whole Jess reveal was the highpoint of the show for me I thought it would have been much more interesting if the reason Hannah killed herself culminated in her not helping Jess and the immense guilt she felt. I thought it was less interesting (though still obviously a sad and powerful scene) when we later found it it was her own rape that pushed her past the point of no return. It sort of pushed Jess' rape to the background too, and made it more about Hannah.
Damn, you do have a point about Justin. especially since Bryce acted like a surrogate father and then ultimately took advantage of him