13 Reasons Why - Season 1 Official Thread

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Could be wrong but could've sworn I saw or cats implied "bu bu bu bu but she put herself in that position in the hot tub"

When she was really in there with 4 other folks, but they left and then buddy got in and she tried to get out but was grabbed, forced to stay in, and raped.

But I could be mistaken plus I know coli dudes don't hate women

Martha
:yeshrug: I'm one of the people who said she absolutely stupid for being at the party and house of a known rapist a week after u saw him rape your friend. Walk into his house uninvited, strip down to your panties and get in a hot tub. Wtf :yeshrug:let me go on random hour long walks only to end up at Bryce's.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If we take him at his word. 2 beers 2 hours ago he should've been all clear. Especially an athlete with a teenaged metabolism.

Yea, would he lie to Clay though? I'm trying to remember at the party if the showed him with beers in his hand....Those beer cans could be old

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Yea, would he lie to Clay though? I'm trying to remember at the party if the showed him with beers in his hand....Those beer cans could be old
Just a red cup he said was soda. I mean all we can do is believe him as the audience. The cans are from the beer run he was making.

Daps
Just a red cup he said was soda. I mean all we can do is believe him as the audience. The cans are from the beer run he was making.
Why would he be heading in the same direction as Sheri if he was returning to the party with newly purchased beer?

Also, Hannah didn't get very far from the stop sign when she heard the crash pretty loudly before entering the market. Sheri was blocking him in, so they left before him, yet you think he made it to the liquor store, purchased the beer and was on his way back when he got in that accident? :usure:

Family Man

Banned
Daps
Why would he be heading in the same direction as Sheri if he was returning to the party with newly purchased beer?

Also, Hannah didn't get very far from the stop sign when she heard the crash pretty loudly before entering the market. Sheri was blocking him in, so they left before him, yet you think he made it to the liquor store, purchased the beer and was on his way back when he got in that accident? :usure:
I'm thinking that may be a plot hole.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I took it that the assumption was that Jeff himself knocked down the sign. Dude was doused in beer and cops wanted to close the case and go home... happens everyday. Unless there was somebody forcing the issue or someone breathing to charge they're not wasting resources on running his bac. Sadly everyone was willing to accept he was driving drunk. #jeffdeservedbetter
I just can't buy that.

1. This is a small town. Everyone knows everyone, deaths are big deals, especially deaths of teenagers. This wasn't some bum in a huge city like Los Angeles that skid off the road into a ditch. This was a well liked HS student, star of the local baseball team in the prime of his life leaving a HS party and getting involved in a fatal accident, and injuring someone else in the process. That ain't a "lets just go home" case in a small community. Both the local reporters and the local police would have every reason to dedicate resources to figuring out exactly what happened, at at bare minimum, finding out how drunk the kid was.

2. If the assumption was that Jeff was drunk driving after leaving a big HS party right before school started, this would have cast a lot of scrutiny on the HS students and their parties. Just look at the town's reaction to the suicide with all of their suicide prevention posters and whatnot. There would have been DUI prevention talks, lectures, and probably investigations into these local parties. How drunk are these 15 year olds getting? Who in the local community is providing these sophomores with this much booze?

3. This wasn't just a single person accident, someone else was involved too. Someone that claims he still has nightmares because of the accident. That's a possible lawsuit waiting to happen.

4. It's not a wasted resource. The majority of states require mandatory BAC testing in fatal accidents where drunk driving is suspected. California is one of those states, where this town supposedly is located.

5. And even if none of those points quite resonate - the police don't care, the local reporters don't care, the injuried parties don't care, the school doesn't care, the local governing body doesn't care - what about Jeff's parents? They were equally devastated of their sons sudden death as Hannah's parents. I just don't buy that his parents would not want to know everything about that accident and party, including his BAC level.

One of the things I like most about shows like this is how lived in the world feels. How real the school feels, how real the town feels, how real people in the town feel. For most of the series, they excelled at making everything feel connected and real. But I don't think they did that in this instance, which was irritating because it involved the arc of several characters and came at the emotional climax of the season.

This is a close knit community where everything is in walking and biking distance. That town isn't washing their hands of a DUI related death of a young kid.

Last edited:

livindajetlife

Superstar
Daps
Just watched every episode.. I agree with the one girl clay was with at the end, the girl that worked at the coffee place.. Hannah went thru the same shyt alot of people go thru and took the coward way out..

I'm not saying she deserved to be raped but why tf would you just go over there, then get in your bra and panties, she was a dumb bytch just to be 100.. Bryce punk ass should get shot tho real shyt

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just can't buy that.

1. This is a small town. Everyone knows everyone, deaths are big deals, especially deaths of teenagers. This wasn't some bum in a huge city like Los Angeles that skid off the road into a ditch. This was a well liked HS student, star of the local baseball team in the prime of his life leaving a HS party and getting involved in a fatal accident, and injuring someone else in the process. That ain't a "lets just go home" case in a small community. Both the local reporters and the local police would have every reason to dedicate resources to figuring out exactly what happened, at at bare minimum, finding out how drunk the kid was.

2. If the assumption was that Jeff was drunk driving after leaving a big HS party right before school started, this would have cast a lot of scrutiny on the HS students and their parties. Just look at the town's reaction to the suicide with all of their suicide prevention posters and whatnot. There would have been DUI prevention talks, lectures, and probably investigations into these local parties. How drunk are these 15 year olds getting? Who in the local community is providing these sophomores with this much booze?

3. This wasn't just a single person accident, someone else was involved too. Someone that claims he still has nightmares because of the accident. That's a possible lawsuit waiting to happen.

4. It's not a wasted resource. The majority of states require mandatory BAC testing in fatal accidents where drunk driving is suspected. California is one of those states, where this town supposedly is located.

5. And even if none of those points quite resonate - the police don't care, the local reporters don't care, the injuried parties don't care, the school doesn't care, the local governing body doesn't care - what about Jeff's parents? They were equally devastated of their sons sudden death as Hannah's parents. I just don't buy that his parents would not want to know everything about that accident and party, including his BAC level.

One of the things I like most about shows like this is how lived in the world feels. How real the school feels, how real the town feels, how real people in the town feel. For most of the series, they excelled at making everything feel connected and real. But I don't think they did that in this instance, which was irritating because it involved the arc of several characters and came at the emotional climax of the season.

This is a close knit community where everything is in walking and biking distance. That town isn't washing their hands of a DUI related death of a young kid.

Damn this is what I'm talking about...This poster clearly gets it, glad to see I'm not the only...This post is so damn powerful...And really what else needs to be said

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
I feel all your points and like somebody else noted we could all be looking too deep into a plot hole but the show definitely showed us the level of denial parents are capable of.

There's enough Hannah blaming going on lets not start Jeff blaming.

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Zach's role getting recast on Riverdale which is not normal for a show already in full swing even though his characters been pretty minor so far. Think this might mean 13 Reasons S2 might be going full steam ahead...:lupe:

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Just saw the last episode and I feel some type of way how that nikka Clay was talking to Antwone Fisher. It's like the series shifted all the blame on him. He couldn't have prevented her killing herself regardless of what she said. She went into that meeting with Fisher with an agenda.

Hannah was a real a$$hole and a piece of shyt. No regard whatsoever for how her parents would find her body.
Dude telling her to move on was wrong, you have to report that shyt. Hannah did try to hide shyt and expected people to figure it out but that is typical teenager shyt.

Fani Willis fan

Man What
Daps
The girl Hannah is annoying as fukk man. What teenager harrassing their friend about a stop sign..

edit: nvm, someone died cus of it. thats fukked up.

Last edited: