13 Reasons Why - Season 1 Official Thread

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I haven't read through this thread. I started binge watching this a few days ago and finished episode 13 today.

Overall the suspense was great, I kept thinking maybe she was just dreaming and it didn't end the way it did. I think we can all see characters of people like that in HS.

A few things that stuck out: Hannah made a shytload of stupid mistakes like trying to date the biggest jock in HS starting out. It seemed she tried to befriend and date so many dudes and it was she was smart but also really naïve instead trying to date the guy who treated her the best and really loved which was clay.

Clay was cool but he should've really went after Hannah, but he was so introvert and lacked the confidence.

Bryce was a rapist but he also striked me as one of those frat boy homo's as well.

But most of all that Asian lesbian chick was the most annoying by far!!! Two dads, she was gay, almost fukked Hannah, and to me she was the most heartless. Maybe because she reminds me of a colleague of mine who is also Asian and doesn't wanna live her truth either but I digress..

How could homeboy let Bryce rape his girl, :what: His logic made no sense.. Overall it was a pretty good show..

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I haven't read through this thread. I started binge watching this a few days ago and finished episode 13 today.

Overall the suspense was great, I kept thinking maybe she was just dreaming and it didn't end the way it did. I think we can all see characters of people like that in HS.

A few things that stuck out: Hannah made a shytload of stupid mistakes like trying to date the biggest jock in HS starting out. It seemed she tried to befriend and date so many dudes and it was she was smart but also really naïve instead trying to date the guy who treated her the best and really loved which was clay.

Clay was cool but he should've really went after Hannah, but he was so introvert and lacked the confidence.

Bryce was a rapist but he also striked me as one of those frat boy homo's as well.

But most of all that Asian lesbian chick was the most annoying by far!!! Two dads, she was gay, almost fukked Hannah, and to me she was the most heartless. Maybe because she reminds me of a colleague of mine who is also Asian and doesn't wanna live her truth either but I digress..

How could homeboy let Bryce rape his girl, :what: His logic made no sense.. Overall it was a pretty good show..
Well clay took Hannah to the roof that night and he definitely shot his shoot at The party. The clay situation is Hannah's doing she kept hinting throughout her interest in him but was giving everyone including lame ass Alex attention. Clay was just a average guy who was trying to talk to someone who In his mind was out of his league ( he wasn't even a nerd he was mostly average and she was trying to date Jeff and all those guys ) I wonder if she even took him serious until the party tbh. I really surprisingly liked the goth chick and how she was straight up snd no bullshyt . Hannah and clay most likely wouldn't work as she completely seemed to derive a big portion of her self worth from others.(yes I know they are teens )

By the way this show really nailed teen /high school life . The little things like liquor isn't some rare thing kids stay away from and kids like clay /Jeff can drink and not be monsters

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
By the way this show really nailed teen /high school life . The little things like liquor isn't some rare thing kids stay away from and kids like clay /Jeff can drink and not be monsters
clap1.gif

I was rolling when she said "No hard drugs,,,,I mean no drugs." It's a reality other shows and parents themselves are in denial about. Even when they made Clay chug that 40 their whole thing was "on a school night?...:gucci:"

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Well clay took Hannah to the roof that night and he definitely shot his shoot at The party. The clay situation is Hannah's doing she kept hinting throughout her interest in him but was giving everyone including lame ass Alex attention. Clay was just a average guy who was trying to talk to someone who In his mind was out of his league ( he wasn't even a nerd he was mostly average and she was trying to date Jeff and all those guys ) I wonder if she even took him serious until the party tbh. I really surprisingly liked the goth chick and how she was straight up snd no bullshyt . Hannah and clay most likely wouldn't work as she completely seemed to derive a big portion of her self worth from others.(yes I know they are teens )

Yeah Hannah was pretty and out going but she tried to date Jeff, the black dude and the tall Asian dude. She was head over hills for them but never really gave clay the time of day until the party.

Then she blamed clay for the other guys being jerks. She should've slowed down and stopped seeking so much acceptance and be true to herself like the goth chick. Good show but Hannah brought a lot of that shyt on herself (except the rape) with her self indulgent ways.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah Hannah was pretty and out going but she tried to date Jeff, the black dude and the tall Asian dude. She was head over hills for them but never really gave clay the time of day until the party.

Then she blamed clay for the other guys being jerks. She should've slowed down and stopped seeking so much acceptance and be true to herself like the goth chick. Good show but Hannah brought a lot of that shyt on herself (except the rape) with her self indulgent ways.
lol maybe my post is worded wrong but I agree with you . Clay did nothing wrong in the show he tried his hardest in that party but due to her insecurities she pushed him away . He wasn't some smooth ladies man Or even an adult he wouldn't know how to handle that situation.

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
About to hit this with a second viewing. I'm digging that at the start Clay is the last person to hear the tapes and it plays in their interactions. Also Hannahs mixed signals are mind blowing especially considering what was going on in her head. I'm convinced that even if Clay manned up at any point before she became a walking extinction level event he would have got curved hard body.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
This show was so damn flawed like any case of rape. Hannah was hella dramatic and dumb and naive. You can't push people away and then hover around and ask in your death "Why didn't you come for me?" The Counselor was uneven, he cared at times and then he didn't when it mattered. No one was likable except the other kid that died, Jeff, who gave the awful Clay the confidence he needed in the first place.

Why is everyone covering for Bryce? :jbhmm: Explain that to me cause it doesn't make sense. None of them did anything that was incriminating but him. Being a lesbian, a creep, pushing up on a girl, taking her drawings (I think for Zack) doesn't equal time behind bars. Son raped your gyal and you let it go because he got you some kicks and had you sleep over at the crib? He bought you off and you didn't even know it. What's wrong with y'all? :why:

I need a 14th reason why every episode was close to an hour. They stretched the fukk outta this thing.

It was a good concept done poorly at various times. The parents probably had the best scenes.

Oh yeah, why is everyone tatted up? Zack the only one that played ball and he didn't have one. Kids ain't tatted like this IRL FOH. The coffee shop broad was tatted all over. :heh: