13 Reasons Why - Season 1 Official Thread

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
I didn't read the whole thread, but @pickles this is great storytelling. I know you appreciate that type of shyt. Check it out if you haven't yet.

Side note: I'm binging Fortitude Season 2 tonight and tomorrow, now that it's on amazon prime at 1080p. :blessed:

Thanks breh I will check it out when I have time. I have sort of read up on what it is about
I haven't watched it but I am going to put what I read in spoiler.
What I am putting in spoiler is not really a spoiler if you are watching the show.

I read it is about a girl that gets raped and killed(?)
I don't really like shows that are set in high school so I am like :ld: I will get to it when I have time, since it is getting good reviews.
ETA: I am kind of in depressed mood too, so I am looking at more uplifting stuff and not something heavy

Tell me how that season of Fortitude goes, I stopped watching it maybe 4 episodes, again I was like :ld:

I am watching The Heavy Water war on Netflix now. It is :ohlawd:. I am on my Norwegian series binge now.

Did you watch Occupied? If not you :ufdup:
Did you watch the Young Pope? Again :ufdup:

ETA: Check out Chewing Gum on Netflix, it is a comedy, but it is friggin hilarious.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I see some Jessica sympathy as if she shouldn't be on the tape. Traumatic experience aside she was a sh!tty friend. Hannah laid that out and filled her in on the rape nobody else was going to. She didn't blame or judge her on it.
she was a shytty friend but not anymore so than the average HS girl who lets boy drama break up a friendship. i can't sympathize with that being a point worth killing yourself over or guilt tripping someone on when damn near 1/2 of female HS friendships go that way. hannah is too self centered to see that's not some unique situation

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Thanks breh I will check it out when I have time. I have sort of read up on what it is about
What I am putting in spoiler is not really a spoiler if you are watching the show.

I don't really like shows that are set in high school so I am like :ld: I will get to it when I have time, since it is getting good reviews.
ETA: I am kind of in depressed mood too, so I am looking at more uplifting stuff and not something heavy

Tell me how that season of Fortitude goes, I stopped watching it maybe 4 episodes, again I was like :ld:

I am watching The Heavy Water war on Netflix now. It is :ohlawd:. I am on my Norwegian series binge now.

ETA: Check out Chewing Gum on Netflix, it is a comedy, but it is friggin hilarious.
Occupied is next on my list.

I heard Young Pope kinda sucked, but I got all the episodes downloaded. If you give it the seal of approval though, I'll give it a chance :salute:

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
she was a shytty friend but not anymore so than the average HS girl who lets boy drama break up a friendship. i can't sympathize with that being a point worth killing yourself over or guilt tripping someone on when damn near 1/2 of female HS friendships go that way. hannah is too self centered to see that's not some unique situation
The whole point is that these things happen daily. Even the rapes sadly. Doesn't make them right. No one thing made her kill herself it was the culmination of all their actions. That's how depression works you lack the clarity to realize you're not alone or that tomorrow will be different. Same reason Zach got a tape, his actions were far from heinous but any of those notes could've made her days a little brighter.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I gotta say this again. This should be shown in all high schools. Rape and suicide happen way too much. Just ask for help, brehs and brehettes. I know it's hard, but get help. Suicide should never be an option, and this comes from somebody that has been very suicidal multiple time in my life.

Put that pride aside, and get help. Suicide should never be an option :ufdup:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
The whole point is that these things happen daily. Even the rapes sadly. Doesn't make them right. No one thing made her kill herself it was the culmination of all their actions. That's how depression works you lack the clarity to realize you're not alone or that tomorrow will be different. Same reason Zach got a tape, his actions were far from heinous but any of those notes could've made her days a little brighter.
guess i can easily reconcile rape as a reason to commit that as opposed to falling out with a friend. sorry, but that one doesn't resonate with me at all :ld:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston

I guess I skipped past your spoiler. Watch Kimmie Schmidt on Netflix. That will lighten your day. It's Tina Frey shyt, so if you like that, you'll like this. Plus the theme song :ohlawd:

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I gotta say this again. This should be shown in all high schools. Rape and suicide happen way too much. Just ask for help, brehs and brehettes. I know it's hard, but get help. Suicide should never be an option, and this comes from somebody that has been very suicidal multiple time in my life.

Put that pride aside, and get help. Suicide should never be an option :ufdup:

Yep, hopefully you are speaking at middle and high schools

Princess Coco

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I love how correct the wrist slitting scene was. People think you're suppose to cut horizontally, when doing it vertically makes you bleed more and faster....

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
For the counselor apologists y'all really think he's going to have a job after that 13th tape gets listened to?...:usure:

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
nope, but he'll still be alive.

Happy-Clapping-To-Dramatic-WTF-Reaction-GIf.gif

Henry Orbit

Wave Gods
Daps
Reppin
The Old North State
Gotdamn, Clay reminded me too much of myself in high school. His awkwardness and lack of social skills gave me some flashbacks to that time. Had me yelling at my laptop all those times he could have made a move on Hannah earlier, but he just didn't know what to do. Wish I could have had a friend like Jeff back then :mjcry:

I don't know how Hannah ain't try to whoop Tyler's scrawny ass after that shyt he did. Especially after she got all those pictures and he got mad she didn't want to hang out with him, so he sent that pic around the school. I'm sure his frail ass couldn't be able to fight back. She should have told some administrator or at least ran him that fade for it. I don't know, I was really mad she kind of let him off the hook for invading her privacy like that